Anthony Weiner

Boy, you are really grasping at anything you can here, huh? You really can't just state that Weiner is a scumbag and leave it at that?

Who cares who the source was or how it was leaked if it's all true? Funny how you guys suddenly aren't such a big fan of the truth.

I said he was scumbag and screwed up... yet, did he break the law or not? Doesn't hurt to ask that question.

I care how it was leaked... especially if Breitbart is acting like he is saving the world and is holier than thou. Does he have more motives than just reporting what he saw on Twitter? I'm sure he does.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for people who think Breitbart is of high character. Seriously, he carrying around this "insurance policy" photo with him on his phone? Then this person of high character show the photo to Opie and Anthony. Either he's not that bright in thinking there would be no harm in doing that or he is a conniving person and did this to completely bury Weiner.

Small p,

Isn't it possible that this Breitbart guy is just doing a job and part of doing that job isn't always pretty? How is it conniving to expose the exposer? It might be harsh, but not conniving. Conniving would be fake pictures and hacking. Or maybe accusing someone of hacking would be conniving, but that angle has already been used in this affair.

It would be conniving to be a reporter and NOT report on stuff like this. Maybe he has stuff on republicans and isn't using it. Conniving. Maybe NBC/ABC/CBS/CNN has stuff on dems and aren't using it. Conniving.

I said he was scumbag and screwed up... yet, did he break the law or not? Doesn't hurt to ask that question.

I care how it was leaked... especially if Breitbart is acting like he is saving the world and is holier than thou. Does he have more motives than just reporting what he saw on Twitter? I'm sure he does.

Meagan Broussard gave it to Breitbart. Idiot.

That remains to be seen. A Congressional investigation hasn't started yet but the fact that he put himself in a position to be blackmailed is enough for me to want him out of office. It would be for you too if you weren't a complete idiot.

Who said anyone who 'holier than thou'? Why do ignorant people always resort to throwing out random clichés that have nothing to do with the current circumstance in place of a logic argument?

Hs motives obviously are to promote himself, but who really cares? Isn't he just some internet blogger? Why is it important? Why are you upset about the truth being leaked? You really want misconduct by elected officials to never come to light??

That remains to be seen. A Congressional investigation hasn't started yet but the fact that he put himself in a position to be blackmailed is enough for me to want him out of office. It would be for you too if you weren't a complete idiot.

Who said anyone who 'holier than thou'? Why do ignorant people always resort to throwing out random clichés that have nothing to do with the current circumstance in place of a logic argument?

Hs motives obviously are to promote himself, but who really cares? Isn't he just some internet blogger? Why is it important? Why are you upset about the truth being leaked? You really want misconduct by elected officials to never come to light??

And you agreed with that other tool saying a spelling mistake shows lack of education. What does your awesome grammar there show?

If he broke the law, yes he should be out. As far as him being a nasty tool and doing what he did to his wife and family... whether he stays or goes because of that alone I could care less.

So Breitbart is just some internet blogger.. Ok, tell that to those on this board who act as though he's a true member of the media. Not upset about it being leaked... just curious on how. Also, I think he had some other intentions in this besides just "reporting" the photos. No need to go the extra mile and show off the photos to Opie and Anthony. Could have had some class there.

So Breitbart is just some internet blogger.. Ok, tell that to those on this board who act as though he's a true member of the media. Not upset about it being leaked... just curious on how. Also, I think he had some other intentions in this besides just "reporting" the photos. No need to go the extra mile and show off the photos to Opie and Anthony. Could have had some class there.

pBills....please provide your opinion on Media Matters and their stated mission.

Thank you.

pBills....please provide your opinion on Media Matters and their stated mission.

Thank you.

Well their stated Mission is as follows:

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501©(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time. .....

I think the difference between them and Breitbart is that he clearly attacks. Give me one good reason why he had to keep the naked photo on his phone... and then show it to Opie and Anthony. Outside of Bill Maher, I don't know anyone else that would do that. Not sure if Limbaugh or Beck would even do that. To me, that shows his true character. He released the information, broke the story... which will have its toll on Weiner. And then he went the extra, not needed step and buried him. No class. Other places like Media Matters or whatever have class.

... Give me one good reason why he had to keep the naked photo on his phone...

Always back up your files. Probably uses Carbonite too.

When I was writing my thesis,I had floppies (it was before the internet) in my desk, in a desk down the hall, and two at home. I would update them every other day.

Always back up your files. Probably uses Carbonite too.

When I was writing my thesis,I had floppies (it was before the internet) in my desk, in a desk down the hall, and two at home. I would update them every other day.

Weiner, leak, floppy, hard drive...thanks for the softball Larry King.

I heard Weiner leaked because he preferred the hard drive to the floppy.

So Breitbart is just some internet blogger.. Ok, tell that to those on this board who act as though he's a true member of the media.

First, which posters exactly would those be? The only ones I see obsessing over this guy are you far lefties. It's turning into another 'Glen Beck' thread. All we're missing is Bishop Hedd and a Jon Stewart clip.

Second, what exactly is the definition of a "true member of the media"? Blogging isn't considered a mainstream part of the media these days? Really?

Also, I think he had some other intentions in this besides just "reporting" the photos. No need to go the extra mile and show off the photos to Opie and Anthony. Could have had some class there.

Members of the media don't have class. They are in the business of attracting eyeballs and thus, money. Being first and making the biggest splash is how this is accomplished. How can you possibly be an adult and fail to understand how this works in this day and age?

Boy, you are really grasping at anything you can here, huh? You really can't just state that Weiner is a scumbag and leave it at that?

Who cares who the source was or how it was leaked if it's all true? Funny how you guys suddenly aren't such a big fan of the truth.

I think Wiener is a scumbag, which I have already stated in this thread...he deserves whatever he gets. I think his offenses, so far, are really more between him and his wife, and the voters.

I am just taking issue with the worship that Breitbart seems to be getting from some... he has now been linked to incriminating stories about two liberals, and yet, can't just take the criticism that comes from the left. First he blamed Beck for the Sherrod thing, and now he is blaming "Opie & Anthony" for the latest? And on top of all that, he hi-jacks Weiners' confessional press conference, to field questtions, demands an apology from someones' career he just aided in ruining, and then has the audacity to go around telling everyone how sanctimonious his intentions are? This guy wants to be taken seriously, but he is just a attention seeking pos, as far as I am concerned. Saw an interview with Larry Flynt last night, he makes Breitbart look bad. Brietbart, like Bill O'Riley so desperately wants to be accepted and respected, he is just pathetic...

And, since you are going to the "you guys" thing, I think Weiners offenses, so far, are far less than those of David Vitter, who nobody has demanded a resignation from, actually engaged in physical sex with someone, broke prostitution laws,

and still serves, and has fellow (hypocritical) Republicans holding fund raisers for him.

It just amazes me how most of the folks here (not really you KD, one of the more reasonable folks here) can't see that you spend your days posting about the hypocracy of liberals/Democrats, but can't see the same from yourselves, or the party you support.

I think Wiener is a scumbag, which I have already stated in this thread...he deserves whatever he gets. I think his offenses, so far, are really more between him and his wife, and the voters.

I am just taking issue with the worship that Breitbart seems to be getting from some... he has now been linked to incriminating stories about two liberals, and yet, can't just take the criticism that comes from the left. First he blamed Beck for the Sherrod thing, and now he is blaming "Opie & Anthony" for the latest? And on top of all that, he hi-jacks Weiners' confessional press conference, to field questtions, demands an apology from someones' career he just aided in ruining, and then has the audacity to go around telling everyone how sanctimonious his intentions are? This guy wants to be taken seriously, but he is just a attention seeking pos, as far as I am concerned. Saw an interview with Larry Flynt last night, he makes Breitbart look bad. Brietbart, like Bill O'Riley so desperately wants to be accepted and respected, he is just pathetic...

And, since you are going to the "you guys" thing, I think Weiners offenses, so far, are far less than those of David Vitter, who nobody has demanded a resignation from, actually engaged in physical sex with someone, broke prostitution laws,

and still serves, and has fellow (hypocritical) Republicans holding fund raisers for him.

It just amazes me how most of the folks here (not really you KD, one of the more reasonable folks here) can't see that you spend your days posting about the hypocracy of liberals/Democrats, but can't see the same from yourselves, or the party you support.

Just so I'm clear...we're now arguing about who's scumbags are less scumbaggy. And you're all okay with that.

I'll say it again, if David Vitter's name was David Paysforsex, he'd be getting more attention too. The reason this has legs is because of his name. Of all the shenanigans the guy could get into, it's for sending a photo of his namesake. Dummy.

If Jenna and Barbara were in a similar scandal, it would be huge news too.

I'll say it again, if David Vitter's name was David Paysforsex, he'd be getting more attention too. The reason this has legs is because of his name. Of all the shenanigans the guy could get into, it's for sending a photo of his namesake. Dummy.

If Jenna and Barbara were in a similar scandal, it would be huge news too.

If Jenna or Babs were caught texting / twittering / whatever pictures of their Weiners, I'd expect that would be even bigger news than this story is.

So an elected official who puts himself in a position to be blackmailed is just between him and his wife? Come on, you don't believe that. His own party leaders are calling for a Congressional investigation.

I am just taking issue with the worship that Breitbart seems to be getting from some...

Again with this straw-man. What 'worship' is anyone giving him? This is another internet guy whose existence I was barely aware of before a week ago. Yet for some reason, people (primarily on the left) keep trying to make the story about him instead of Weiner. Why? Like all media jackals, his motivation is fame and money so of course he's a dirtbag. That's my assumption about every member of the media unless they prove otherwise, which is why I never watch CNN, Fox, or any of these other channels unless a space shuttle blows up or Princess Di gets killed. Doesn't change the fact that his disclosures on Weiner have turned out to be true.

And, since you are going to the "you guys" thing, I think Weiners offenses, so far, are far less than those of David Vitter, who nobody has demanded a resignation from, actually engaged in physical sex with someone, broke prostitution laws, and still serves, and has fellow (hypocritical) Republicans holding fund raisers for him.

It just amazes me how most of the folks here (not really you KD, one of the more reasonable folks here) can't see that you spend your days posting about the hypocrisy of liberals/Democrats, but can't see the same from yourselves, or the party you support.

Fair enough and I have no argument in favor of Vitter, but I'm not a member of (or support) either of the two major parties. I think my positions are pretty clear: we must have a drastic reduction in the size/scope/cost/influence of government. I just think that the Republicans' offensive intrusions on social issues pale in comparison in importance to the Democrats intrusion, corruption and irresponsibility in fiscal matters. And now that Obama is making war in a total of 5 Arab countries, I guess we can call the parties even in terms of their willingness to utilize the infamous 'Bush Doctrine' to kill brown people.

So an elected official who puts himself in a position to be blackmailed is just between him and his wife? Come on, you don't believe that. His own party leaders are calling for a Congressional investigation.

Again with this straw-man. What 'worship' is anyone giving him? This is another internet guy whose existence I was barely aware of before a week ago. Yet for some reason, people (primarily on the left) keep trying to make the story about him instead of Weiner. Why? Like all media jackals, his motivation is fame and money so of course he's a dirtbag. That's my assumption about every member of the media unless they prove otherwise, which is why I never watch CNN, Fox, or any of these other channels unless a space shuttle blows up or Princess Di gets killed. Doesn't change the fact that his disclosures on Weiner have turned out to be true.

Fair enough and I have no argument in favor of Vitter, but I'm not a member of (or support) either of the two major parties. I think my positions are pretty clear: we must have a drastic reduction in the size/scope/cost/influence of government. I just think that the Republicans' offensive intrusions on social issues pale in comparison in importance to the Democrats intrusion, corruption and irresponsibility in fiscal matters. And now that Obama is making war in a total of 5 Arab countries, I guess we can call the parties even in terms of their willingness to utilize the infamous 'Bush Doctrine' to kill brown people.

Sorry KD, but Weiners offenses, so far, have nothing to do with fiscal irresponsibility. You picked this argument.

To say that the occaisional Republican hypocracy on social issues isn't all that big a deal to you, in comparison is pretty silly in my book. Republicans have been using social issues as red herrings for years, in political campaigns. To play on voter emotions on wedge issues, and then turn around and not live up to the same standards that you espouse for everyone else is pretty low...

I guess I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think or believe that Democrats are somehow more fiscally corrupt in fiscal matters than Republicans. It seems to me, fiscal corruption goes hand in hand with holding office, for many, both sides of the political aisle. Elliott Spitzer, who was pretty good at his job in NYS prosecuter, was taken down for, essentially, the same charges that Vitter is guilty of...but he never used any sort of "integrity of marriage" bs as part of his election campaign.

As for Brietbart, he is becoming a bit of a folk hero to the neo-cons. I would never lump you in with RK, but look at some of the posts concerning how "great" he is.

First, which posters exactly would those be? The only ones I see obsessing over this guy are you far lefties. It's turning into another 'Glen Beck' thread. All we're missing is Bishop Hedd and a Jon Stewart clip.

Second, what exactly is the definition of a "true member of the media"? Blogging isn't considered a mainstream part of the media these days? Really?

Members of the media don't have class. They are in the business of attracting eyeballs and thus, money. Being first and making the biggest splash is how this is accomplished. How can you possibly be an adult and fail to understand how this works in this day and age?

The only people not questioning/protecting Breitbart are the far righties. So what. By the way, I am not far left.