Unbelievable story out of Arizona....

Buftex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want to put this on the PPP, as I am not even sure what to think...just a sad story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C66223

When SWAT's breaking into your house and you react by arming yourself with an assault rifle...doesn't matter who's right or wrong, or what anyone's motivations are, it is simply and absolutely in some way going to end badly.

Edited by DC Tom

Good to see the Government winning that War on Drugs.

I can find a weed hookup only hours into being in a city. They cant even raid the right house. Well done. Lets pour some more tax money into it...

Edited by DrDareustein

Good to see the Government winning that War on Drugs.

I can find a weed hookup only hours into being in a city. They cant even raid the right house. Well done. Lets pour some more tax money into it...

And they killed a hero Marine defending his family- over pot. They shot him dead in front of his family 60 times. !@#$ing disgusting

Let justice be served

Edited by Pete

When SWAT's breaking into your house and you react by arming yourself with an assault rifle...doesn't matter who's right or wrong, or what anyone's motivations are, it is simply and absolutely in some way going to end badly.

Yeah ...that is what makes it so sad...my dad was a cop, I am always a little conflicted about stories like this.

Dupnik rose to national prominence earlier this year after claiming combative political rhetoric contributed to Jared Loughner killing six people and wounding 19 others, including Rep. Gabielle Giffords, last January.

Evidently having an address similar to someone that smokes marijuana can contribute as well...

He shouldn't have pulled the rifle, but that is whacked. Legalize weed now! :angry:

Edited by Booster4324

A guy with an assault rifle...not sure about the 60-70 shots, or not allowing him to be helped for an hour...

I meant what did they find that warranted the invasion to begin with? From the article, the answer is nothing.

I dont blame the actual individual policemen behind those SWAT uniforms. My beef is with the higher-ups, the intelligence, and our policies on drugs in general.

The poor officers were only doing what they were told, and by the book. My problem is with the people telling them what to do, and writing the book.

And the police are lying and trying to cover up. The LEAST thing they can do is man up and admit they !@#$ed up, apologize to the wife, cooperate with the investigation, and accept whatever the verdict is. Shame on all involved.

and our drug policy is retarded. This was over hemp?

True. But it is at least plausible that he did not know they were SWAT or even police. Could be armed intruders as suggested by the article.

I meant what did they find that warranted the invasion to begin with? From the article, the answer is nothing.

I dont blame the actual individual policemen behind those SWAT uniforms. My beef is with the higher-ups, the intelligence, and our policies on drugs in general.

The poor officers were only doing what they were told, and by the book. My problem is with the people telling them what to do, and writing the book.

Yeah, I agree on all points...some very bad intel going on there.

I don't know. What'd the warrant say, and did they find it?

From the article:

But when police serve a search warrant they leave behind a receipt what they've taken from the residence. According to Scileppi, the only item taken from Gurena's home that remotely fits that description was a U.S. Border Control cap -- which you can buy from any number of retail outlets, including Amazon.com....

...Storie himself acknowledged in the Daily Star that had the SWAT team entered Guerena's home peacefully, they wouldn't have made an arrest.

A guy with an assault rifle...

In that case, a raid on virtually every Marine's house is probably warranted.

not sure about the 60-70 shots, or not allowing him to be helped for an hour...

If SWAT hits someone with 60+ shots and that someone isn't beyond help before they hit the floor, they need some serious retraining. Just sayin'...

True. But it is at least plausible that he did not know they were SWAT or even police. Could be armed intruders as suggested by the article.

No "but". It's not a commentary on who knew what, who was right or wrong, who should have done what differently...SWAT's entering, you grab a gun, a bad outcome is a foregone conclusion.

I'd suggest looking to something other than an opinion piece to find information on what happened. About 3 lines in it was apparent that that link's sole purpose was to attack the police. Now, it's entirely possible that this link did get it right, but I had a tough time reading through its obvious bias.