ZEITGEIST 2: ADDENDUM

LOL meds. I don't even take aspirin- let alone the heavy **** you suggest from the drug dealers (Pfizer, Merc, etc). So enough with the ad hominem drivel. There are interesting topics brought up in that movie. Of course minds are like locks, and only work when they are opened. No need discussing issues with narrow minded people. And it is laughable when they try and launch dogmantic attacks.

Of course you know all about the Federal Reserve. And of course you know about how the World Bank and IMF work. I started this thread looking for some interesting discussion. For example- the Jerome Daly court case is fascinating. Well to each their own. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your Fox news

Wow, you don't know me.

There's a guy here in Philly who walks around with a huge cardboard sign taped to his head. IT is filled with block letter sharpie writing. Not a space is unfilled. He also carries a megaphone and talks into it about aliens and government conspiracies. Perhaps I should be more open-minded to him too.

While you're living in the Dwight Drane conspiracy land, I'll live my life.

(Might I add, as an aside, how sad it is that the actual Dwight Drane's fans and relatives get linked to all of the poster Dwight Drane's drivel when they Google his name. Reminiscent of Steely Dan's (/Winger's) pseudonym.)

Edited by Peace

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people stop consuming, the whole system would crumble." Let's just hope people don't stop eating.

But yeah, I can understand why people find this crap to be "brilliant".

Wait, is that really what you understood the definition of consuming to be?

Wait, is that really what you understood the definition of consuming to be?

Obviously that is not an all encompassing definition of consumption in the given context, but brevity is the soul of wit, and had I said "Let's just hope people don't stop eating and buying commodoties, and other goods and services they generally rely on throughout the economy" it wouldn't have had quite the effect. I thought it was more or less implied though.

And saying that if people stop consuming the economic cycle will collapse is about as insightful as saying "if it stopped raining eventually we'd run out of water."

LOL meds. I don't even take aspirin- let alone the heavy **** you suggest from the drug dealers (Pfizer, Merc, etc). So enough with the ad hominem drivel. There are interesting topics brought up in that movie. Of course minds are like locks, and only work when they are opened. No need discussing issues with narrow minded people. And it is laughable when they try and launch dogmantic attacks.

Of course you know all about the Federal Reserve. And of course you know about how the World Bank and IMF work. I started this thread looking for some interesting discussion. For example- the Jerome Daly court case is fascinating. Well to each their own. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your Fox news

Why on earth would I bother discussing a youtube video for which I've read most of the SOURCE MATERIAL that is demonstrably crap?

I think I mentioned that before...Zeitgeist has available a very large amount of reference material backing it that can be read instead of watched. And it's crap...I mean, when Zeitgeist is quoting an article from PrisonPlanet.com as authoritative, which article itself is using Zeitgeist as a primary source...what, I'm supposed to keep an open mind about that sort of masturbatory circular argument?\

Hell, last I knew, "keeping an open mind" involved asking "Hmmm, where'd they get that from?", and checking their sources...which is exactly what I did. It doesn't mean believing every crackpot theory that bounces around my empty little head, and dismissing the very people who bothered to look into them and recognize it as a crackpot theory. And open mind isn't something to brag about when you're an idiot.

Why on earth would I bother discussing a youtube video for which I've read most of the SOURCE MATERIAL that is demonstrably crap?

I think I mentioned that before...Zeitgeist has available a very large amount of reference material backing it that can be read instead of watched. And it's crap...I mean, when Zeitgeist is quoting an article from PrisonPlanet.com as authoritative, which article itself is using Zeitgeist as a primary source...what, I'm supposed to keep an open mind about that sort of masturbatory circular argument?\

Can you explain the difference between a jerk circle and a circle jerk?

Hell, last I knew, "keeping an open mind" involved asking "Hmmm, where'd they get that from?", and checking their sources...which is exactly what I did. It doesn't mean believing every crackpot theory that bounces around my empty little head, and dismissing the very people who bothered to look into them and recognize it as a crackpot theory. And open mind isn't something to brag about when you're an idiot.

so what is your opinion of the Jerome Daly verdict? Isn't Jaime Roldós Aguilera's death suspicious? What do you think of Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh? Shouldn't we mind our own !@#$ing business?

Check out the first two parts of this film. I would really like to hear your opinion on how the Fed Reserve is portrayed. And I would like to hear your opinion of John Perkins

so what is your opinion of the Jerome Daly verdict?

What, specifically, are you asking me about it? What I think about the argument that banks don't loan money because a mortgage is typically a bookkeeping item and not a tangible asset? Or what I think about applying a civil ruling made in Minnesota 40 years ago by a justice of the peace to international banking regulations? Or what I think about Jerome Daly being a tax-dodging nutcase whose knowledge of the law was so pitifully inadequate that he was disbarred?

Isn't Jaime Roldós Aguilera's death suspicious?

No.

What do you think of Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh?

He was unfairly deposed in a coup. What am I supposed to think about him?

I would really like to hear your opinion on how the Fed Reserve is portrayed. And I would like to hear your opinion of John Perkins

No, you wouldn't. It would contradict your silly little worldview. And Perkins is a fruit loop - I've read his book, it's nothing more than a validation of his own mistaken belief in his importance, sadly come to fruition by appealing to people such as yourself that think backpacking and smoking pot make them cosmopolitan and erudite. :rolleyes:

Obviously that is not an all encompassing definition of consumption in the given context, but brevity is the soul of wit, and had I said "Let's just hope people don't stop eating and buying commodoties, and other goods and services they generally rely on throughout the economy" it wouldn't have had quite the effect. I thought it was more or less implied though.

And saying that if people stop consuming the economic cycle will collapse is about as insightful as saying "if it stopped raining eventually we'd run out of water."

Many, MANY people don't understand how the economy works and how much it relies on consumerism, so no, I wouldn't say one thing is like the other. Maybe the wit part is where you fell short.

Even I think that indicates a serious medical problem... :ph34r:

Well, I come from a family of very proud military vets, many of whom played important roles during the second world war. I grew up watching war documentaries, seeing my Uncle literally tear up every time there was something on about the Marine corp from back in the day, and listening to stories about their time in the war. I'm right now sitting about ten feet away from some items from WWII that belonged to my grandfather. So if I need meds because I was completely thrown for a loop at the mere mention that certain events in our military history may have been false flag operations, then I guess I better load up on those sumbitches. Seeing actual government documents (Northwoods, or whatever) literally laying out the scenario of how specific operations may be carried out against our own country disgusted me. It's a huge slap in the face to anyone who has risked or sacrificed their lives in order to defend our country, and to this day I'm sickenedd by the notion that our government could even entertain such ideas, let alone the possibility that they have been carried out.

Edited by ajzepp

Depends on where you put the potato salad...

Pasta salad ...

Many, MANY people don't understand how the economy works and how much it relies on consumerism, so no, I wouldn't say one thing is like the other. Maybe the wit part is where you fell short.

People make stuff, other people buy that stuff with money, so that the first people can make the stuff again and have more people buy it?

Really awful.

Wait, people don't think Alex Jones is legit? wtf?

That being said, I just took training here in Austin for the last week - professor reminded me of Frank Caliendo doing an impression of George W Bush, and was a huge Alex Jones fan. He obviously knew his **** in his field, but good lord it further reinforces the point that people can be really smart about one thing, yet rather stupid at the same time.

Well, I come from a family of very proud military vets, many of whom played important roles during the second world war. I grew up watching war documentaries, seeing my Uncle literally tear up every time there was something on about the Marine corp from back in the day, and listening to stories about their time in the war. I'm right now sitting about ten feet away from some items from WWII that belonged to my grandfather. So if I need meds because I was completely thrown for a loop at the mere mention that certain events in our military history may have been false flag operations, then I guess I better load up on those sumbitches. Seeing actual government documents (Northwoods, or whatever) literally laying out the scenario of how specific operations may be carried out against our own country disgusted me. It's a huge slap in the face to anyone who has risked or sacrificed their lives in order to defend our country, and to this day I'm sickenedd by the notion that our government could even entertain such ideas, let alone the possibility that they have been carried out.

No, I think being calmed down by ME indicates a serious medical problem. :rolleyes:

No, you wouldn't. It would contradict your silly little worldview. And Perkins is a fruit loop - I've read his book, it's nothing more than a validation of his own mistaken belief in his importance, sadly come to fruition by appealing to people such as yourself that think backpacking and smoking pot make them cosmopolitan and erudite. :rolleyes:

This would be the funniest thing I've ever read on TSW.

FTW, and sig-ified.

different subject matter with Addendum. This is about the Federal Reserve, predatory capitalism, inherent flaws of our economic system. It proposes solutions which I agree with. The Confessions of an Economic Hitman guy I have seen speak a few times and he is spot on. I think it is a very interesting provocative film. I would love to hear criticisms from someone that actually watches the film

Well, a kick in the nuts is provocative...but it's not like you learn a whole lot the second time.

I generally agree with your point, but Lybob tends to make sense when discussing football, so go figure.

The difference is: ...lybob is actually familiar with the material when it comes to the Bills.

LOL meds. I don't even take aspirin- let alone the heavy **** you suggest from the drug dealers (Pfizer, Merc, etc). So enough with the ad hominem drivel. There are interesting topics brought up in that movie. Of course minds are like locks.....Enjoy your Fox news

Yes, yes, we should all be taking supplements and homeopathic treatments because the people that make those products are all non-profit organizations.:rolleyes: Good thing they don't make massive profits by putting something readily available in a box, labeling it "alternative medicine" and then charging a 1000% markup. Nothing wrong with that, since it's not coming from the "Evil Pharma Companies". Would anyone care for another Pet Rock?

The difference between the people that made this movie and Fox News: accountability and relevance. Think about it...then open your mind...hey, if it's good for the goose, it's good for you...and realize...I'm right. Fox has to accountable because Fox is: relevant. The movie's producers are allowed to be crackpots, because what is the point of holding some irrelevant pissant accountable?

There's a guy here in Philly who walks around with a huge cardboard sign taped to his head. IT is filled with block letter sharpie writing. Not a space is unfilled.

He's not as bad as the people with three 10x10 plywood boards...and a full stage...with similar writing that would set up in front of my bank on Market Street across from city hall. They'd love to set up on Friday afternoon, babbling nonsense, and had decided that the best way to get me to give them my money...is to purposely stand in my way...and prevent me from getting my money.