Just call me Harold Camping

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but I would happily blow up 72 vegans

My neighbor growing up had a 72 vega. One to drive and one for parts. :w00t:

If this is true I feel like you would hear about this before June 7. 2 weeks is a long time to keep this kind of news from leaking

Check Whitner's twitter account

Edited by fansince88

Kinda strange coincidence, but I received 2 emails today from 2 independent sources (one from a friend who works with the Bills, and another from a friend who works with the Browns) saying that the CBA is completed, and now both sides are working on how they will present it so everyone saves face and it looks like a win-win.

Rumor mill says the announcement is to be made June 7th.

I find it strange they both had the same date.

I'll revisit this thread on the 7th, and if nothing comes from the League that day, you can all call me a moron. :thumbsup:

If it is done then they should come out with it, like we need to drag this out longer. BTW I would not use the Harold Crapping reference to cite your prediction.

You guys just don't get it do you? Harold Camping was right all along. It's beautiful up here. You can tell your Muslim friends that there's no truth to that 72 virgin thing.

:lol::worthy::thumbsup: that's what :devil: said

I'm kinda hopin' there is a little truth to it - - - they just got a few of the details wrong . . .

http://bp2.blogger.com/_o4jqapDeMEI/Rgi3gCMQtSI/AAAAAAAAAOY/79CFOTVCKhs/s1600-h/NunsGuns.jpg

On the flip side, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all actually worship the same "God", and all sprouted from the same religion tree. It's the saviors and prophets they disagree on.

So if we're really lucky, Muslims are right about that detail and there are 72 virgins waiting for the good folk in the heaven we all actually share. :thumbsup:

No but I would happily blow up 72 vegans

:lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm kinda hopin' there is a little truth to it - - - they just got a few of the details wrong . . .

http://bp2.blogger.com/_o4jqapDeMEI/Rgi3gCMQtSI/AAAAAAAAAOY/79CFOTVCKhs/s1600-h/NunsGuns.jpg

that's because they are not all virgins :devil:

On the flip side, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all actually worship the same "God", and all sprouted from the same religion tree. It's the saviors and prophets they disagree on.

So if we're really lucky, Muslims are right about that detail and there are 72 virgins waiting for the good folk in the heaven we all actually share. :thumbsup:

No, Allah is a moon God that was declared to be the only true God out of a host of pagan gods.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No, Allah is a moon God that was declared to be the only true God out of a host of pagan gods.

ehhhh, yes but no. Same name, different "person".

God/Allah who we are used to referring to is the same God. All three Abrahamic religions come from the same book (Old Testament) and actually worship the same "Sky God". The just disagree on which religion is worshiping Him properly. If you are Christian, when you pray, you are talking to the same God that Muslims pray to every day, and the same God that Jewish people pray to.

As the centuries have gone by, the extremists on both sides have tried to create some differentiation in order to help the whole "Our religion is better than your religion" thing. Imagine that :rolleyes:

But when you trace all 3 religions back to their beginning, they all came from the same place, and worship the same God. Which makes all the fighting seem that much more ridiculous.

Edited by DrDareustein

I readily admit that I don't know much about comparative religions. I vaguely recall reading or hearing somewhere, though, that the "72 virgins" thing (or whatever the number is) is supposedly a reward not for all Muslims, or even for all devout Muslims, but only for Muslims who die as martyrs for their religious beliefs. As a result, the Muslim suicide bombers (admittedly not main stream Muslims) who kill innocent people believe that their reward, for what they see as martyrdom in the cause of Allah, will be the 72 virgin thing.

As I said, I readily admit that I could easily be wrong about this. Anybody know if the "72 virgin" thing is limited to martyrs (as opposed to a feature of heaven for all Muslims)?

I readily admit that I don't know much about comparative religions. I vaguely recall reading or hearing somewhere, though, that the "72 virgins" thing (or whatever the number is) is supposedly a reward not for all Muslims, or even for all devout Muslims, but only for Muslims who die as martyrs for their religious beliefs. As a result, the Muslim suicide bombers (admittedly not main stream Muslims) who kill innocent people believe that their reward, for what they see as martyrdom in the cause of Allah, will be the 72 virgin thing.

As I said, I readily admit that I could easily be wrong about this. Anybody know if the "72 virgin" thing is limited to martyrs (as opposed to a feature of heaven for all Muslims)?

I'm having trouble with the Math! How many times does 1 go into 72?

Kinda strange coincidence, but I received 2 emails today from 2 independent sources (one from a friend who works with the Bills, and another from a friend who works with the Browns) saying that the CBA is completed, and now both sides are working on how they will present it so everyone saves face and it looks like a win-win.

Rumor mill says the announcement is to be made June 7th.

I find it strange they both had the same date.

I'll revisit this thread on the 7th, and if nothing comes from the League that day, you can all call me a moron. :thumbsup:

Can we just fast forward and call you a moron now? :D

ehhhh, yes but no. Same name, different "person".

God/Allah who we are used to referring to is the same God. All three Abrahamic religions come from the same book (Old Testament) and actually worship the same "Sky God". The just disagree on which religion is worshiping Him properly. If you are Christian, when you pray, you are talking to the same God that Muslims pray to every day, and the same God that Jewish people pray to.

As the centuries have gone by, the extremists on both sides have tried to create some differentiation in order to help the whole "Our religion is better than your religion" thing. Imagine that :rolleyes:

But when you trace all 3 religions back to their beginning, they all came from the same place, and worship the same God. Which makes all the fighting seem that much more ridiculous.

You should put that on Wikipedia. Inaccurate but people will believe it. Hope your reliability meter on The June 7th thing is better than your religion thing.

In short. Abraham in the Bible (book of Genisis) was promised by God (EL) that his wife Sarah would give birth to the new nation. We know this nation as the nation of the Jews. Abrahams wife was impatient so she had his sleep with the servant girl named Hagar. This is how Ishmael was borne. Than as promised Sara had a baby named Issaac. Ishmael was sent away an from him comes all the nations at odds with Isreal known as the Muslim nations. Issaac became the nation of Isreal. All as promised by the God of Abraham (EL). All these promises were 5-6 thouand years ago. And we still see it today. Out of Judism came Christianity. There are over 300 prophesies of the details of a comming Messiah that would begin the new Covenant of EL with his people that would become availiable to all the people of the world. He came and died and rose from the dead exactly and to detail as it was prophesied by the Old Testament. This is where the Christian Religion breaks from both the Jews and Muslim Religions. Both are still under law of rules and regulations. They still have to have a sacrifice to please God. They dont hold to the Grace that God poured out to all people by sending Jesus. You see He was the final sacrifice for all people. In short that is religion 101 and I hope that sums it up. DR D if you want to discuss this more PM me. Your veiw is a common missunderstanding so Im not belittleing you and dont want it to seem that way.

You should put that on Wikipedia. Inaccurate but people will believe it. Hope your reliability meter on The June 7th thing is better than your religion thing.

In short. Abraham in the Bible (book of Genisis) was promised by God (EL) that his wife Sarah would give birth to the new nation. We know this nation as the nation of the Jews. Abrahams wife was impatient so she had his sleep with the servant girl named Hagar. This is how Ishmael was borne. Than as promised Sara had a baby named Issaac. Ishmael was sent away an from him comes all the nations at odds with Isreal known as the Muslim nations. Issaac became the nation of Isreal. All as promised by the God of Abraham (EL). All these promises were 5-6 thouand years ago. And we still see it today. Out of Judism came Christianity. There are over 300 prophesies of the details of a comming Messiah that would begin the new Covenant of EL with his people that would become availiable to all the people of the world. He came and died and rose from the dead exactly and to detail as it was prophesied by the Old Testament. This is where the Christian Religion breaks from both the Jews and Muslim Religions. Both are still under law of rules and regulations. They still have to have a sacrifice to please God. They dont hold to the Grace that God poured out to all people by sending Jesus. You see He was the final sacrifice for all people. In short that is religion 101 and I hope that sums it up. DR D if you want to discuss this more PM me. Your veiw is a common missunderstanding so Im not belittleing you and dont want it to seem that way.

Thank you.

The Mormons have a better deal than the 72 virgins, if you're a good Mormon you get to rule a whole planet of your own in Heaven.

But nothing tops being a Pastafarian, you get beer volcanoes and stripper factories in Heaven...

Thanks for the response!

Im not sure where you disagree with me? Sounds like we said about the same thing, I may just have used more general or inproper terms? Please clarify.

Edited by DrDareustein