Team Workouts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I crazy to think that JP wouldn't be a bad choice to bring back for one of the back-up spots? I mean, it's slim pickings for QB FAs this year and you've gotta think drafting a QB is still high on this teams priorities in the coming years.

He's gotta realize by now he's a backup at best. By giving Fitz the job, you can't bring in vets that think they have a chance to unseat him in camp. Kind of a wierd position to be in.

At the very least him and Fitz can battle for best beard.

I had the thought that Gailey could do things with him that last coaching regime couldn't. But man, this board would blow up if that happened. :lol:

I know, it would be quite the spectacle. He still has a house here too.

I thought the JP thing was a joke until I clicked the link. I guess he misses BFLO, I never liked him as the qb but gotta like his love of the city and team (maybe it is just his friends and or he is still hoping for something that never happened).

Wow… JP Losman at a recent workout with some of the guys in Elma.

I guess he still keeps in contact with Lee Evans.

This blurb also answers somewhat the question of why Lee Evans isn't down in Arizona at Camp Fitz… although at $9 million per, you'd think he'd fly all his teammates down there.

Also, do we have any information on why CJ Spiller hasn't been working out with any of his teammates?

This blurb also answers somewhat the question of why Lee Evans isn't down in Arizona at Camp Fitz… although at $9 million per, you'd think he'd fly all his teammates down there.

Also, do we have any information on why CJ Spiller hasn't been working out with any of his teammates?

Thurman Thomas used to skip team workouts too. Back then, he said it was because team workouts didn't push him hard enough.

Thurman Thomas used to skip team workouts too. Back then, he said it was because team workouts didn't push him hard enough.

I remember Willis McGahee saying that he skipped the Bills's offseason conditioning program because he felt he got a better workout in South Florida at "The U."

As far as Thurman is concerned, he was a veteran in an established system whereas Spiller's shortcomings last year appeared to be more a case of him not being familiar with the offense than not being in good physical condition.

If you accept that premise, Spiller would benefit greatly by working at Camp Fitz because you know darn well they have playbooks and are going over the offense schematically… the area in which Spiller was lacking.

I remember Willis McGahee saying that he skipped the Bills's offseason conditioning program because he felt he got a better workout in South Florida at "The U."

As far as Thurman is concerned, he was a veteran in an established system whereas Spiller's shortcomings last year appeared to be more a case of him not being familiar with the offense than not being in good physical condition.

If you accept that premise, Spiller would benefit greatly by working at Camp Fitz because you know darn well they have playbooks and are going over the offense schematically… the area in which Spiller was lacking.

I really don't think we are qualified to make such assumptions. We can only speculate on what's going on behind the scenes. We don't actually know. Perhaps you have one of them there all seeing, all knowing eyes. Me, I just have regular eyes and a brain behind them to reason with.

Edited by Rockinon

Here is some more on the team workout from the Times Union.

Linky

Says they expect about 30 people to attend and that the invitation was extended to the rookies. People are arriving in Buffalo over the weekend and the workouts will start on Monday.

Edited by Rockinon

I've seen this workout news with at least half the teams in the NFL, so we're not gaining anything here by way of a lead on anyone - but, it did strike me that one good thing that might come out of this whole mess of a lockout is that the players might have to really become team mates and really learn to depend on each other, and build up a chemistry that otherwise might never have been there had they been meeting as usual, pre-planned and drilled and regimented already. I do get the impression these players are becoming much closer, by necessity, this offseason, if only to keep up with the whole players side, and to help each other stay in game shape.

Let's hope our team is even closer when the season begins officially.

I've seen this workout news with at least half the teams in the NFL, so we're not gaining anything here by way of a lead on anyone - but, it did strike me that one good thing that might come out of this whole mess of a lockout is that the players might have to really become team mates and really learn to depend on each other, and build up a chemistry that otherwise might never have been there had they been meeting as usual, pre-planned and drilled and regimented already. I do get the impression these players are becoming much closer, by necessity, this offseason, if only to keep up with the whole players side, and to help each other stay in game shape.

Well said :thumbsup:

If we're only staying on par with other teams as far as practicing football skills, why would we be gaining on them in terms of team building?

You're saying that we are only keeping up with other teams in one respect but possibly gaining on them in another respect?

Marcell just tweeted that he was on his way to buffalo...

I am surprised that he is willing to do that without a contract. Doesn't it usually the teams that provide them insurance coverage during OTCs.

I am surprised that he is willing to do that without a contract. Doesn't it usually the teams that provide them insurance coverage during OTCs.

He doesn't have to go out and get himself injured. Just meeting with new team members, talking about the playbook and getting a feel for how things are done in Buffalo is a plus. He can also get together with them and look for possible places to live. These workouts can do a lot more than just well..... workout. Regardless, these guys have to weight train, run and do all of the things professional athletes do to stay in shape. They won't be putting pads on and hitting each other. Doing stuff together as a team, accomplishes a lot, though

I hope Jasper comes to town too, :thumbsup: as well as the other rookies.

Here is some more on the team workout from the Times Union.

Linky

Says they expect about 30 people to attend and that the invitation was extended to the rookies. People are arriving in Buffalo over the weekend and the workouts will start on Monday.

Thanks for the link. But almost all of the Times Union articles like that about the Bills are written by our very own jw.

I dont know about all of that, but I just hope that no one gets hurt. I applaud them for all doing this. It should be a good "team building" event if everyone shows up...Especially when they don't have to.

While having all these guys get together for training and team building is great, do they hire professional trainers or is it just laissez faire? Though professional athletes have all had quality time working with training staff, I would think that they should still have people designing a training regimen. Regardless, happy to see the boys get together and excited to see who shows amongst the rookie and FA crowd.

Go Bills!

Edited by VanCity