Colin Cowherd

Cowherd is one of the more intellectual sports guys out there. While I don't always agree with him he's far more thought provoking than a lot of the cheerleader nitwits out there. His analysis of the relationship between sports and society is unique in a world of sports noise.

Unfortunately, a lot of sports fans aren't smart enough to understand his show.

I understand perfectly. He is a first class douchebag. Intellectual? He is a whiny !@#$. If any of his "analysis" actually made any sense, then maybe you could call him intellectual. He does not use logic in his arguments, he just whines.

To get back to the original point, Cowherd does have a habit of "breaking" dubiously sourced, unreliable "news" then never acknowledging it again after he is proven 100% wrong.

After Urban Meyer resigned he went on and on about how he knew from an "inside source" who his replacement would be but couldn't reveal it. The next day and a half was pretty much just him teasing his fans about who it was. He promised that it would be a head coach from a successful college program and not a coordinator with no head coaching experience.

Will Muschamp - an assistant from Texas with zero head coaching experience - was hired, and Cowherd never mentioned it again.

The thing that kills me is the he hates hockey. He will never talk hockey ever. It could be the greatest Stanley Cup gm 7 final ever played and Cowherd would just talk about some pitcher on the DL or Lebron or lousy basketball or Tiger etc etc. Pisses me off he doesnt acknowledge hockey one iota!

I like Dan Patrick show a whole lot better. They are on at the same time on two different radio stations in Vegas. At least DP isnt so whiney to hear all the time like Cowherd.

That's not saying much

Yeah, really - I can't think of a single espn radio host that interests me at all. They are all cookie cutter drones. I don't remember the the last time I laughed at anything any of them said. I heard Brian Kenny the other night and I think he took a whole bunch of coke before the show. He was talking a mile a minute about every topic he was going to cover.

When it started just on weekends, it was so good with Tony Bruno and that whole crew. I used to LMAO.

Then, Kornheiser was great. And, he still is on the show I now listen to instead of Cowherd.

The thing that kills me is the he hates hockey. He will never talk hockey ever. It could be the greatest Stanley Cup gm 7 final ever played and Cowherd would just talk about some pitcher on the DL or Lebron or lousy basketball or Tiger etc etc. Pisses me off he doesnt acknowledge hockey one iota!

I like Dan Patrick show a whole lot better. They are on at the same time on two different radio stations in Vegas. At least DP isnt so whiney to hear all the time like Cowherd.

Most people who didn't grow up in the NE or Canada could care less about hockey. Cowherd runs a national show. You start talking about hockey and 80% of your listeners start changing the dial.

Most people who didn't grow up in the NE or Canada could care less about hockey. Cowherd runs a national show. You start talking about hockey and 80% of your listeners start changing the dial.

then why is he on in buffalo? buffalo is a rabid hockey town as we all know and the fact that he doesnt like hockey, and even ridicules it, baffles me. for that reason alone, he should be off in buffalo.

then why is he on in buffalo? buffalo is a rabid hockey town as we all know and the fact that he doesnt like hockey, and even ridicules it, baffles me. for that reason alone, he should be off in buffalo.

And, his promo on GR is still the one they've been using forever. Something like "Hey,Buffalo - want to know what the nation is saying about the Buffalo sports scene. Tune into me - Colin Cowherd at 10AM."

Yeah, right!

He can't, ESPN wont' let anyone talk about hockey for some reason. It's pathetic. Is there a "FAN" station in Buffalo? We have an all sports station in Pittsburgh, FAN 93.7, not great, but they cover all the leagues and all the teams. Not just what ESPN happens to be sponsoring at the moment. In fact, that station put ESPN radio out of business in Pittsburgh.

I have no idea. You'd have to talk to that station's program director. I listen to Cowherd in LA. They have a Fox Sports station here in LA, but I never really liked Rome. Don't know why. I guess "Rack It" doesn't do it for me.

He can't, ESPN wont' let anyone talk about hockey for some reason. It's pathetic. Is there a "FAN" station in Buffalo? We have an all sports station in Pittsburgh, FAN 93.7, not great, but they cover all the leagues and all the teams. Not just what ESPN happens to be sponsoring at the moment. In fact, that station put ESPN radio out of business in Pittsburgh.

I think that might have something to do with the fact that that vast majority of the population could care less about hockey. Unless you're a city with an NHL team it's easy to forget that hockey is even a pro sport. The season last 10 months, almost everyone makes the playoffs and the sport translates terribly to TV. It just isn't that important to most of the country.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I think that might have something to do with the fact that that vast majority of the population could care less about hockey. Unless you're a city with an NHL team it's easy to forget that hockey is even a pro sport. The season last 10 months, almost everyone makes the playoffs and the sport translates terribly to TV. It just isn't that important to most of the country.

You know, I don't mind if Cowherd doesn't talk about things. But, with him, he talks with disdain about pretty much everything but football, and of course the great sport of soccer.

As mentioned above, the idea of him just switching teams if his team starts losing should be repulsive to every sports fan in the country. And, even more so to fans like us, who are on a message board about a team that hasn't made the playoffs in this century.

Seems to me Cowherd just syas things to make things seem interesting. Forget the facts. A few weeks ago he claimed he did not like slow guys that clog the bases like Pujols and the future is guys like Cano of the Yankees taht can steal 20 bases a year. forget the facts that Cano averages about 3 sbs a year and gets caught 50% of the times and is the slowest 2b I have ever seen while Pujols averages about 3x as many sbs per year as Cano. The guy just makes things up to get attention. Forget even looking up the facts or watching guys play.

Seems to me Cowherd just syas things to make things seem interesting. Forget the facts. A few weeks ago he claimed he did not like slow guys that clog the bases like Pujols and the future is guys like Cano of the Yankees taht can steal 20 bases a year. forget the facts that Cano averages about 3 sbs a year and gets caught 50% of the times and is the slowest 2b I have ever seen while Pujols averages about 3x as many sbs per year as Cano. The guy just makes things up to get attention. Forget even looking up the facts or watching guys play.

That's a perfect example of him glossing over facts when something sounds right. The other day he spent 30 min debating Jordan/Pippen vs Lebron/Wade in a 2 on 2 game. Fine, but then he says something about Jordan being 3 1/2 inches taller than Wade which is just factually incorrect. Nothing big, but he seems to do it quite a bit. If someone calls to correct him on this, he'll degrade him and call him trivial.

Wow - what an idiot. Pujols had 30 stolen bases over the last two years!

After the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, after a few commercial teases, Cowherd revealed that as much as some "bitter" sports fans might like to see the big dog fall, it makes for a far less entertaining, and far less interesting NBA "final four"...despite the fact that the callers who were calling in, and the emails he was receiving, were overwhelmingly delighted the Lakers were done...I think he was just disappointed because it eliminated the tired schtick he has had about the Lakers for the last four years, from his daily drivel... now he only has LeBron to talk about...

It hasn't stopped ESPN from cramming the WNBA, Women's NCAA and US prosoccer down our throats...or FOX Sports from cramming NASCAR down our throats... I would argue that those sports are very relevant, in some areas, and off the radar in most...not unlike the NHL.

After the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, after a few commercial teases, Cowherd revealed that as much as some "bitter" sports fans might like to see the big dog fall, it makes for a far less entertaining, and far less interesting NBA "final four"...despite the fact that the callers who were calling in, and the emails he was receiving, were overwhelmingly delighted the Lakers were done...I think he was just disappointed because it eliminated the tired schtick he has had about the Lakers for the last four years, from his daily drivel... now he only has LeBron to talk about...

It hasn't stopped ESPN from cramming the WNBA, Women's NCAA and US prosoccer down our throats...or FOX Sports from cramming NASCAR down our throats... I would argue that those sports are very relevant, in some areas, and off the radar in most...not unlike the NHL.

while i agree with your points about WNBA, ETC, i kinda disagree about the NHL. sure im biased about my love for hockey, but the NHL did strike a lucrative deal with versus/NBC, and just maybe it is taking some baby steps into some real growth. i think it wasnt that long ago that the NHL had to pay to get their product on the national airwaves.

Let me take a wild guess and say that he is pro-Lebron? Pro-decision?

Of course he was. We (and the rest of America) were disgusted by that fiasco simply because we're too dumb - Then again, I didn't attend prestigious Eastern Washington University so obviously I'm too dumb to understand Cowherd's genius take on Lebron and the rest of the front-runners he ballwashes on a regular basis.

Yes, you could say Cowherd is very "pro-choice". :P

Since the NBA season has started, he has been railing on all the "haters" saying that Lebron/Heat are the new shiny object, so we should just learn to enjoy it, rather than be a "hater"...he reminds everyone daily, that he has had "Lebron's back" all along, the only one in the media...etc etc

Thanks for the answers, both of you.........That just shows how much he has no idea what it is like to be a fan. You don't go onto the next shiny object. He has no idea why people around the country are empathetic with Cleveland fans.

After the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, after a few commercial teases, Cowherd revealed that as much as some "bitter" sports fans might like to see the big dog fall, it makes for a far less entertaining, and far less interesting NBA "final four"

He always says that...and that's what I can't stand most about this guy. In his world, it would always be the large market teams in the championships...there's really no point in having ANY small market franchises if he could have it his way. That's when it became clear to me that this guy is anything but a sports fan. His job is to talk about sports and make it as interesting as he can, but he's by no means a "fan".