What the pundits don't know

I have been watching people post links to articles about our beloved Buffalo Bills and one of them got me thinking. It was an article by Jamie Dukes of the NFL Network, a nationally televised station that is dedicated solely to NFL news and media. According to Jamie Dukes the Bills are stupid for picking Dareus because he doesn't fit as a Nose Tackle. Excuse me, Mr. Dukes, but you are a moron.

So I thought I'd start a little exercise listing things the pundits don't know about our Buffalo Bills. Feel free to jump in with your own thoughts with follow ups.

1. Marcel Dareus is a DE/DT
  2. Kyle Williams is a Pro Bowl NT all ready on our roster. Kyle can also line up at DT or DE.
  3. Torrel Troupe is also a NT. He can also line up as a DT.
  4. Micheal Jasper is a project that is also considered a NT.(How Mr. Dukes, could you possibly think the Bills were looking to use a fourth NT on this team with Dareus?)
  5. The Bills do believe Fitz can get the job done. "In weeks 3-16 with Fitz as the starter, the offense averaged 335 YPG, 116 rushing YPG, 219.6 passing YPG and 19.9 points per game. In the three games that Fitz did not play in last season, the offense averaged 171 YPG, 70 rushing YPG, 101 passing YPG and 8 points per game. Also, Fitz had two games in which he passed for over 300 yards (382 & 308), something that wasn’t done in a Bills uniform in years."
  6. We actually do have explosive playmakers that can turn games around.
    • Kyle Williams
    • Steve Johnson
    • Fred Jackson
    • Jairus Byrd
    • Ryan Fitpatrick
    • Lee Evans
    • Roscoe Parish
    • CJ Spiller

Edited by Rockinon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my personal opinion, the NFL and ESPN commentators are completely biased towards small market teams, especially the Bills. I'm the first to criticize the Bills when they screw up but these guys go out of their way to find fault with and bash this organization. Yes, at 4 and 11 and with the long stretch of losing seasons some of the criticism is deserved, but when 90 percent of the football world gave the Dareus pick an A rating (not the entire Bills draft) is it earned? Then, they go out of their way to constantly pump up teams like Dallas when they are performing badly? Come on. The only way the Bills will ever come close to shutting these guys up is to win, win, win. Even then they will find ways to denegrate this team, just u watch.

If Denver had taken Dareus and we had taken Miller, they would have found a way to rip us apart for that one too and praised Denver for the Dareus pick. Get used to it and, as I recommend, change the channel when these guys start the bashing.

What the pundits also don't know: injuries were responsible for many players missing long stretches during the last 2 years. The Bills used 9 different OL combinations.

Ed Wang, Shawne Merriman, Keith Ellison, Jon Corto, Paul Posluzny, Spencer Johnson, Danny Batten, Marcus Easley, Cornell Green, James Hardy, Demetrius Bell, Eric Wood, Alex Carrington, Fred Jackson, David Nelson, Shawn Nelson, Antonio Coleman, Geoff Hangartner, Cordaro Howard, Mansfield Wrotto, Donte Whitner, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, and Kraig Urbik. I'm sure I've forgotten some.

What the pundits also don't know: injuries were responsible for many players missing long stretches during the last 2 years. The Bills used 9 different OL combinations.

Ed Wang, Shawne Merriman, Keith Ellison, Jon Corto, Paul Posluzny, Spencer Johnson, Danny Batten, Marcus Easley, Cornell Green, James Hardy, Demetrius Bell, Eric Wood, Alex Carrington, Fred Jackson, David Nelson, Shawn Nelson, Antonio Coleman, Geoff Hangartner, Cordaro Howard, Mansfield Wrotto, Donte Whitner, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, and Kraig Urbik. I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Nice Astrobot. I didn't think of injuries. It's something that is typically not talked about and is written off quickly when it is because "Every team has to deal with injuries". But good addition.

Anyone else?

What the pundits don't know...

They thought they saw old, uninspired hires, but

Nix is the fix and

Chan is the Man

<We finally got some real football guys to run things>

Unlike us fans who saw the day to day of the last dreadful decade, the Pundits aren't

aware yet about the change in culture that is happening at One Bills Drive

(the tougher, stronger, hard work, chip on their shoulder players being brought in;

and the us against the world, loyalty, camaraderie, chemistry that is building not

just among the players but throughout the entire organization, thanks to Chan and Buddy).

And the Pundits still don't know that Fitzmagic is no illusion!

In my personal opinion, the NFL and ESPN commentators are completely biased towards small market teams, especially the Bills. I'm the first to criticize the Bills when they screw up but these guys go out of their way to find fault with and bash this organization. Yes, at 4 and 11 and with the long stretch of losing seasons some of the criticism is deserved, but when 90 percent of the football world gave the Dareus pick an A rating (not the entire Bills draft) is it earned? Then, they go out of their way to constantly pump up teams like Dallas when they are performing badly? Come on. The only way the Bills will ever come close to shutting these guys up is to win, win, win. Even then they will find ways to denegrate this team, just u watch.

If Denver had taken Dareus and we had taken Miller, they would have found a way to rip us apart for that one too and praised Denver for the Dareus pick. Get used to it and, as I recommend, change the channel when these guys start the bashing.

You're way off base here. The bashing is solely because of the decade of losing. Go back to the early 90s, nobody was denigrating the team. You lose for a decade and you're going to get bashed-you win for a decade, like small market Indianapolis & nobody is on your case.

I've heard some coach's, like Bill Parcells, say that when this happens consistently to a team it's because their players aren't good enough and are getting injured as a result. Either that or they're not doing enough squats.

I've heard some coach's, like Bill Parcells, say that when this happens consistently to a team it's because their players aren't good enough and are getting injured as a result. Either that or they're not doing enough squats.

Is that like saying the players are doing squat?

What the pundits don't know...

They thought they saw old, uninspired hires, but

Nix is the fix and

Chan is the Man

<We finally got some real football guys to run things>

Unlike us fans who saw the day to day of the last dreadful decade, the Pundits aren't

aware yet about the change in culture that is happening at One Bills Drive

(the tougher, stronger, hard work, chip on their shoulder players being brought in;

and the us against the world, loyalty, camaraderie, chemistry that is building not

just among the players but throughout the entire organization, thanks to Chan and Buddy).

And the Pundits still don't know that Fitzmagic is no illusion!

Change of culture. I like that one particularly because Gailey has spoken about building a winning culture. Nix does seem to be doing a pretty good job for an old guy.

Who else? C'mon, I know I have seen more posts about how the media or reporters have gotten it wrong.

Or squat thrusts. Remember having to do those in gym class?

Just referring to on of the many theories that were floated on this board last off season as to why the Bills players were chronically injured. This was a popular one along with too many TVs in the weight room.

But yes, I doubt that most of the players are really working out the way they would if there were no lockout. You hear stories of some players working out and I'd like to think that they're professionals who take their fitness seriously, but I think many of them are far too immature to really approach fitness in a serious manner. Part of it is human nature and part of it is that they're young, rich and have no one to answer to right now.

Edited by vincec

I saw a special on the afc east about a week ago. At first they ripped us for not taking Miller or a QB with our pick, also saying Dareus did t fit our scheme for a 3/4.

Then at a later time, they ripped the Broncos for not taking Dareus when he was available, at the same time saying they are also converting to the 3/4.

Point is: NFL Network "so called" experts are absolute jokes and don't make sense.

You're way off base here. The bashing is solely because of the decade of losing. Go back to the early 90s, nobody was denigrating the team. You lose for a decade and you're going to get bashed-you win for a decade, like small market Indianapolis & nobody is on your case.

Yes, at 4 and 11 and with the long stretch of losing seasons some of the criticism is deserved As per this statement, I don't disagree completely but they do go out of their way to find ways (Dareus at NT) to critcize the Bills.

The only way the Bills will ever come close to shutting these guys up is to win, win, win. Agreed here as well, but Indy is the exception and with Peyton and Wayne it should be. If you watch and compare they will single out the Bills. Try watching for this and you'll be surprised. Also, watch to see if they ever give the Bills any airtime for clips unless they're screw up type clips.

Go back to the early 90s, nobody was denigrating the team. It is a different era and a different NFL and crew. They have their favorites and they stick with them no matter what. If the Bills start winning again and I see the bashing decline and the highlights and airtime for Bills clips increase, I'll concede defeat.

Edited by hammie65

But yes, I doubt that most of the players are really working out the way they would if there were no lockout. You hear stories of some players working out and I'd like to think that they're professionals who take their fitness seriously, but I think many of them are far too immature to really approach fitness in a serious manner. Part of it is human nature and part of it is that they're young, rich and have no one to answer to right now.

I disagree with this, you don't get to where they are without being self motivated or at least knowing what it takes in the offseason to stay prepare for the coming season.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I have been watching people post links to articles about our beloved Buffalo Bills and one of them got me thinking. It was an article by Jamie Dukes of the NFL Network, a nationally televised station that is dedicated solely to NFL news and media. According to Jamie Dukes the Bills are stupid for picking Dareus because he doesn't fit as a Nose Tackle. Excuse me, Mr. Dukes, but you are a moron.

So I thought I'd start a little exercise listing things the pundits don't know about our Buffalo Bills. Feel free to jump in with your own thoughts with follow ups.

2. Kyle Williams is a Pro Bowl NT all ready on our roster. Kyle can also line up at DT or DE.
  4. Micheal Jasper is a project that is also considered a NT.(How Mr. Dukes, could you possibly think the Bills were looking to use a fourth NT on this team with Dareus?)
  5. The Bills do believe Fitz can get the job done. "In weeks 3-16 with Fitz as the starter, the offense averaged 335 YPG, 116 rushing YPG, 219.6 passing YPG and 19.9 points per game. In the three games that Fitz did not play in last season, the offense averaged 171 YPG, 70 rushing YPG, 101 passing YPG and 8 points per game. Also, Fitz had two games in which he passed for over 300 yards (382 & 308), something that wasn’t done in a Bills uniform in years."
    • Kyle Williams
    • Steve Johnson
    • Fred Jackson
    • Jairus Byrd
    • Ryan Fitpatrick
    • Lee Evans
    • Roscoe Parish
    • CJ Spiller

What the pundits also don't know: Chan Gailey is currently an NFL Head Coach and Buddy Nix is currently an NFL GM. The pundits are neither and in most cases never were. And they DON'T know what this team needs/has as much as CG & BN do.

what the pundits don't know about the Bills is that the Defense (not Fitzpatrick) was the problem last season.

Fitz is a good QB.. he's just not a QB that can continually throw a team on his shoulders and win games (Franchise QB if you will).

The pundits rarely talk about our Defense. They say we need a QB and Left Tackle??? D. Bell played admireably IMO and the coaches even said that he wasn't 100% from his injury. He still didn't have his strength back. Give the kid an offseason to build that strength back up and he will be a quality player on the left side.

The Pundits don't see that this Defense got a (pardon the phrasing) EXTREME MAKEOVER this offseason. The talent we brought in (Dareus, Merriman, Sheppard, Williams, etc) is one thing, but more importantly we changed our identity. Our FO is no longer going to count on guys like Whitner (who go and cry to the media that Quality QB's laugh at our Defense) to be the leaders. Poz, although a solid player and one we certainly need to retain.. is not a NFL heart and soul of the defense type of Leader. Dareus, Sheppard, Merriman are now here to bring the Big Nasty Swaggerlishesness (that's right .. i said it) that this team has desperately needed. Players that take it personally when other teams are running the ball down our throat.

The Pundits don't know that this year, after a team plays the Buffalo Bills.. they're not going to be laughing anymore.

Go Bills

Guest three3

after a team plays the Buffalo Bills.. they're not going to be laughing...

i believe they save that for tuesday's film recap

Edited by three3

• Kyle Williams
    • Steve Johnson
    • Fred Jackson
    • Jairus Byrd
    • Ryan Fitpatrick
    • Lee Evans
    • Roscoe Parish
    • CJ Spiller

Couldn't agree more! Dukes and Balldinger are both retards, I wanted to jump through the screen and choke both of them when they said that and that he should be a DT because he is better suited for it than DE. Well geniuses He played DE on a 34 defense for a pro style D just like us, can't imagine why we would pick a guy that is a perfect fit for us :censored: :censored: :censored: idiots!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: