Call me crazy but ....

I see bills finishing ahead of Miami in the division and taking one from the pats this year. Our defense simply has to be better, and the offense could be better with fitz feeling more confident and spiller contributing more. I don't think Miami did much in the draft and henne is a dud. And pats continue cheapness prevented them from making major draft moves they needed. I see bills having wild card talent whether they make playoffs I dont know as a lot of things have to fall into place But I think there's a chance and I stand by my divisional predictions.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I agree. I think Miami is going to have a terrible year. They have a very good defense, but I have a feeling Henne is going to fall flat on his face again this year. Not to mention they probably won't have Ronnie Brown back, so they will take a huge hit in the running game.

looking at the Phins schedule....

SEPT. 12 NEW ENGLAND

SEPT. 18 HOUSTON

Sept. 25 at Cleveland

Oct. 2 at San Diego

Oct. 9 BYE

Oct. 17 at N.Y. Jets

OCT. 23 DENVER

Oct. 30 at N.Y. Giants

Nov. 6 at Kansas City

NOV. 13 WASHINGTON*

NOV. 20 BUFFALO*

Nov. 24 at Dallas

DEC. 4 OAKLAND*

DEC. 11 PHILADELPHIA*

Dec. 18 at Buffalo*

Dec. 24 at New England*

JAN. 1 N.Y. JETS*

I'd say top 5 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I was not impressed by Miami's draft…and they retained Sparano only after making clandestine overtures to Jim Harbaugh. Then to placate Sparano's feelings, they signed him to a "kiss and make up" contract extension.

Parcells bailed and this looks to me like a team in turmoil.

I was not impressed by Miami's draft…and they retained Sparano only after making clandestine overtures to Jim Harbaugh. Then to placate Sparano's feelings, they signed him to a "kiss and make up" contract extension.

Parcells bailed and this looks to me like a team in turmoil.

Couldn't have said it better...Miami is definitely drawing top 5 next year.

Best draft in many, many years.

Second year for the new coaching staff, and Bills players in Chan's offense.

Increasing contributions ahead (my projection) for Shawn Nelson, David Nelson, Danny Batten and Torell Troup.

Wannstedt landed.

Spiller hasn't played his best ball yet.

Whaley in, Modrak gone.

Better days are ahead!

I see bills finishing ahead of Miami in the division and taking one from the pats this year. Our defense simply has to be better, and the offense could be better with fitz feeling more confident and spiller contributing more. I don't think Miami did much in the draft and henne is a dud. And pats continue cheapness prevented them from making major draft moves they needed. I see bills having wild card talent whether they make playoffs I dont know as a lot of things have to fall into place But I think there's a chance and I stand by my divisional predictions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks. i needed that

You're crazy...

In all seriousness though, a full year in the system for Fitz and company, Easley coming back to help the WR corps, potential help being drafted to stop the run along with others coming into their second year in the league. I say there is a good chance this team takes a step forward to 8 and 8.

Call me crazy, but I have higher expectations.

I thought the Bills had the best draft in the division. Jets have two people who could be going to jail, The pats took a tackle and a corner and a backup QB Miami got Pouncey and D Thomas.

The Jets could lose a few key guys in FA and Chad Henne is good for a few bonehead plays, the Pats still have Brady and the refs so they will be tough. The Bills improved the most and at the end of last season we were ahead of the dolphins. I like our odds

It's pretty obvious but it pretty much depends on Fitz. The general thought is that 2010 was the pinnacle of his abilities. However, it was the most playing time he has ever had at the NFL level. What if he does continue to improve?

Also, our defense can't get worse so there is reason to believe there is a good chance for improvement. But time will tell.

God bless you Jt6Pack.

The positivity is delightful....I don't think positivity is a word

Unfortunately I was a HOPEFUL fan who said "our team simply has to be better!" last year. So now I am HOPEFUL that you are correct....and I will wait to see!

I wish we played in the NFL West with the Lammies that's all.

Jets have two people who could be going to jail....The Jets could lose a few key guys in FA

Now there's a refreshing thought!

I thought the Bills had the best draft in the division. Jets have two people who could be going to jail, The pats took a tackle and a corner and a backup QB Miami got Pouncey and D Thomas.

The Jets could lose a few key guys in FA and Chad Henne is good for a few bonehead plays, the Pats still have Brady and the refs so they will be tough. The Bills improved the most and at the end of last season we were ahead of the dolphins. I like our odds

I was positive on Wilkerson until I watched film. He has no burst, terribly slow to get out of his stance. He won't be effective at all in the NFL. Jets will decline a little from last year.

Not to pee in your cheerios....

Why because Marcel Darius is replacing Marcus Stroud, and someone else is replacing Whitner, if that someone else is already on the team.... why then wasn't he starting ahead of Whitner if he is better? Rookies are supposed to made a bigger impact then the starters from last year. Did one player start from last years draft... on one of the worst Bills defense ever fielded, the Bills were desperate for help at RT and that #5 OT from last year never saw the field as a starter.

The Bills continue to have have one of the worst Offensive lines in the NFL and Fitz was able to make that O line look better then it was against average teams, but against the good teams he was running for his life most of the game. This current Bills team is still lacking about 6-8 players from being a decent team that can actually contend for a playoff spot.

Whether the Bills got better on defense remains to be seen, just because they were drafted doesn't mean they can start and make an impact, see last years draft. Fitz was injured and out for one game last year and the year before, and the team still lacks a decent RT & G. Right now the Bills only have Levi Brown as back up QB. Spiller could turn out to be a completely useless pick if he doesn't learn the playbook, he didn't know it last year and that was why he spent most of the season on the bench

I think I'll wait until pre season is over....if there ever is a season this year... until I make any predictions

You make some valid points Harvey but you have to expect more from last years high picks like spiller, troupe and carrington now in yr 2. That and the top 3 this year look like rookie starters upgrades your D by anywhere from 3 to 5 players is a major difference. Also the offense should settle into a much better rhythm in gaileys 2nd season, especially since they now know what they have.

You make some valid points Harvey but you have to expect more from last years high picks like spiller, troupe and carrington now in yr 2. That and the top 3 this year look like rookie starters upgrades your D by anywhere from 3 to 5 players is a major difference. Also the offense should settle into a much better rhythm in gaileys 2nd season, especially since they now know what they have.

I disagree- I buy that opening day Marcel is a starter, Williams nickel and sheppard is first office bench. By seasons end, sheppard will get real reps and maaaaaybe one other "contributer" from the rest. That's best case, and still good. Especially with a lockout. You have to assume some of these guys do nothing. We just don't know who.

I was positive on Wilkerson until I watched film. He has no burst, terribly slow to get out of his stance. He won't be effective at all in the NFL. Jets will decline a little from last year.

Also, Wilkerson played at a lower level of football at Temple. And I agree with you about burst or what scouts also refer to as "suddenness" and "explosion."

Nevertheless, he also had some nice scouting write-ups.

add-on: The nice thing about Wilkerson is that at 315 pounds, he can play every line position for the Jets.

He's kind of a poor man's Marcell Dareus.

Not to pee in your cheerios....

Why because Marcel Darius is replacing Marcus Stroud, and someone else is replacing Whitner, if that someone else is already on the team.... why then wasn't he starting ahead of Whitner if he is better? Rookies are supposed to made a bigger impact then the starters from last year. Did one player start from last years draft... on one of the worst Bills defense ever fielded.

Actually Troup, Carrington and Moats played quite a bit last year, maybe not listed as starters but saw as much time later in the season rotating in.

I think CJ started a game when Fred was hurt too.

Lets be honest guys, we still suck. A couple of rookies arent going to solve every problem we have, which is literally every single position. But, I honestly think the Fish suck more. We beat them last year, I definitely see us splitting the series again at worst. I don’t think you will see us beat the Pats (or even get close) with our defense (still not much of a pass rush or CBs to speak of) but I could see us stealing one from the Jest if the run D is better and Sanchez plays meh.

The problem with the Fish sucking more than us is that they could easily start out the year bad, fire their coach, lose out the year and draft the best QB prospect to come out in 15 years, and then rape us with said QB for the next 15 years. I would hate them to get their Marino before (or instead of) us getting our Kelly.

In terms of the draft, I think we made huge gains on all of our opponents. The Pats IMO had one of the worst drafts in years. The only good thing they got was a DB and a 1st next year. The Jest took Wilkerson who I was Meh on, then their next pick, in the 3rd, may be in jail for the next 20 years, then they added another RB. The Fish got Pouncy who is good, but then took a bunch of schmeebby skill players who9 likely wont help them at all. We made huge gains this draft.