So we just drafted 3 DB's and not a single player

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only point is to B word for the sake of bitching. Because it somehow makes them feel better.

There is no reason or logic behind any of it.

No matter what we say, theyll come back with another whine about something kinda relevant, but not really.

I like the name dank!

I hear ya buddy. As much as I'd like to put him on ignore, it would result in a few less laughs. Dudes obviously clueless. Trolls that aren't trying to be trolls are my favorite kind of troll

He doesnt know what he's saying, other than "BUFFALO COLD!"

I found the most amusing to be "hidden attitudes". That's awesome.

someone above posted that the SEC is the most dominant conference and is the conference where NFL caliber football is being played. if that was the truth, don't you think there would be more than 1 elite quarterback from the SEC currently playing in the nfl?

Depending on your defintion of elite - as I've pointed out there are 1, 2, or 3. NFL starters you can add Jason Campbell - a recent first-rounder who's had OK success but certainly not great.

If "elite" to you has to be Peyton Manning or better - IE sure fire Hall of Famers - there aren't but a couple of those in the entire NFL, so how many did you really expect? And the a lot of other ones who might be on that list played at other relatively warmer weather sites - Rivers (NCSt), Rodgers (Cal), Schaub (UVa), Vick (VaTech),

Since you said current elites, I didn't include another Hall of Famer QB from the SEC who is probably done (finally) - Favre.

Where did Maybin go to school?

Now, I say, I say, I realize I'm waaay down South here in Mary-land y'all, but do you'ins in Buffalo really think of Penn State (Maybin) and Indiana (Hardy) as SOUTHERN schools??? :rolleyes:

I understand that. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was trying to list most of our big draft guys from the last few years and say if they were busts or good. You can't really say that northern schools produce more busts. You just can't.

Doesnt look like the North, Midwest, or West has produced for us. You site 7 picks, to 2 from the south...

To the contrary, they have worked out for us. They also haven't. Same with the south. CJ Spiller was our top draft pick last year and didn't produce. For an RB, this is crucial! How many undrafted RBs had a better year than CJ?

LOL, facts dont matter. What we have in this thread is exactly what we were talking about in eball's thread. People want to come and spew BS when they have no factual backing. And then when we show them they are merely incorrect, they'll take offense that we are trying to censor them...

Ugh. This is like some baby boomer facebook BS.

someone above posted that the SEC is the most dominant conference and is the conference where NFL caliber football is being played. if that was the truth, don't you think there would be more than 1 elite quarterback from the SEC currently playing in the nfl?

Actually, what makes the SEC so good is that the defenses are lights out compared to the rest of the conferences. Teams actually put more than one CB into a draft year after year. Players are, on average, (and I'm sure someone will dispute this, but what the hell) bigger, faster, and stronger in the SEC.

And tell me you wouldn't take Cutler or either Manning in a heartbeat.

I understand that. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I was trying to list most of our big draft guys from the last few years and say if they were busts or good. You can't really say that northern schools produce more busts. You just can't.

Ah, I gotcha now. Cool, Go Bills!

I never said northern schools produce more busts. Really the entire "regional argument" makes no sense. But in responding to someone who was concerned that all of our picks came from the South, Id still counter that with "The best football in the country is being played in the South". Who knows who will end up busting. Impossible to say. But I dont mind changing the Jauron philosophy of "West/North" to the Nix philosophy of the South.

The weather of the region doesnt matter. Where is the best football being played? Is it a certain area? Or certain type of school? Then look there for your picks. Not difficult to understand the logic behind. It's why the Pats have regularly drafted SEC guys every year.

Edited by DrDareustein

First, the SEC IS the most dominant Conference in NCAA football, and it is known for it's defenses. We drafted almost ALL defense

You are cherry picking ONE position. And it's an offensive position.

You got your answer about the QBs from the SEC. Now give me my RELEVANT answer about the Defensive Players in the NFL from the SEC...

oops, beat me to it.

Not taking Ponder wiith the 3rd pick will come back to hurt Buffalo. What was Buddy thinking? Asides when to take a nap?

Seriously , the nap jokes are beyond played out. Bring some originality next time. Ponder with the 3rd overall ? Im glad your not running the Bills draft room. Ponder being picked at number 12 is a big reach , let alone 3.

I never said northern schools produce more busts. Really the entire "regional argument" makes no sense. But in responding to someone who was concerned that all of our picks came from the South, Id still counter that with "The best football in the country is being played in the South". Who knows who will end up busting. Impossible to say. But I dont mind changing the Jauron philosophy of "West/North" to the Nix philosophy of the South.

It is irrelevant where the "best" football is being played, really. "Best" is clearly opinion, especially with how ****ty the BCS is.

Like I said, it is just the idea that it seems like they're only scouting the south or using advice from good old boys in the south making it a problem. Last year we took four players from low-end mid-majors out of our 9 picks (OK, James Madison isn't even a mid-major, probably. Arky State ditto).

This year we took a dude in the 7th round from a community college in the south instead of Pat Devlin, who would be a way better flyer pick, especially with the depth we already have on the DL.

Not taking Ponder wiith the 3rd pick will come back to hurt Buffalo. What was Buddy thinking? Asides when to take a nap?

You have to be kidding. Minnesota was the laughing stock of the draft for taking him in the first round at 12.......

It is irrelevant where the "best" football is being played, really. "Best" is clearly opinion, especially with how ****ty the BCS is.

Like I said, it is just the idea that it seems like they're only scouting the south or using advice from good old boys in the south making it a problem. Last year we took four players from low-end mid-majors out of our 9 picks (OK, James Madison isn't even a mid-major, probably. Arky State ditto).

This year we took a dude in the 7th round from a community college in the south instead of Pat Devlin, who would be a way better flyer pick, especially with the depth we already have on the DL.

The top bold is NOT opinion. The last 5 National Champions came from the SEC. And they dominated the Big10 in head-to-head Bowl Games this year. The SEC is currently the BEST Conference in college football.

Again, you dont know where they scouted and didnt scout. Could be that they scouted everywhere and they determined that these were the better players. You also have to consider that we coached the SOUTH Senior Bowl squad, so our coaches already had some first-hand experience with some of these guys.

I wouldnt worry too much about it.

The bottom bold is YOUR OPINION. Speaking of opinions.

You cant say Devlin is a better pick than someone else in the 7th. It's all a wash that far into the draft. And how much "better" can he be if Devlin ended up going completely undrafted.

Youre basing this entire argument on YOUR OPINION that you are a better Pro Personnel guy than Nix and our Scouts. Not sure I agree with that opinion...

The top bold is NOT opinion. The last 5 National Champions came from the SEC. And they dominated the Big10 in head-to-head Bowl Games this year. The SEC is currently the BEST Conference in college football.

According to the BCS.

Again, you dont know where they scouted and didnt scout. Could be that they scouted everywhere and they determined that these were the better players. You also have to consider that we coached the SOUTH Senior Bowl squad, so our coaches already had some first-hand experience with some of these guys.

It is pretty clear from the draft where they spent most of their time.

You cant say Devlin is a better pick than someone else in the 7th. It's all a wash that far into the draft. And how much "better" can he be if Devlin ended up going completely undrafted.

Youre basing this entire argument on YOUR OPINION that you are a better Pro Personnel guy than Nix and our Scouts. Not sure I agree with that opinion...

Possible franchise QB is always always always better than a NT, especially when we don't have a possible franchise QB and we do have NTs.

Also when that possible franchise QB comes from a program that WINS and goes to national championships (with playoffs!).

According to the BCS.

No, According to HEAD-TO-HEAD GAMES

You DONT KNOW THIS

Possible franchise QB is always always always better than a NT, especially when we don't have a possible franchise QB and we do have NTs.

Also when that possible franchise QB comes from a program that WINS and goes to national championships (with playoffs!).

LOL at "Undrafted Franchise QB". Ok... be upset about our 245th pick in the draft :rolleyes:

No, According to HEAD-TO-HEAD GAMES

You DONT KNOW THIS

LOL at "Undrafted Franchise QB". Ok... be upset about our 245th pick in the draft :rolleyes:

I WILL get pissed off about the 245th pick in the draft! I don't know why though!

I guess mostly because we know Buddy and Chandler won't be awake when free agency opens, Bellore and Devlin will be signed as backups for the best teams, and then Buddy will play it off like we're the morons.

According to the BCS.

Another gravedigger.

-"according to the BCS". Laughable comment. Which conference, in your tremendous opinion, is better, and why?

-its pretty clear that they liked the players from the south more than the players from the north. The NFL as a whole, does as well.

- I'm a possible franchise QB. Why didn't they draft ME in the 7th round?!? YOU like Pat Devlin. YOU think he's a possible franchise QB. Buddy does not. Buddy > you. We took a 400 pound guy with great athleticism with our last pick. He may be able to OL or DT. And you wanna cry because we didn't take a possible franchise qb with our LAST pick??

Please, stop digging.

I WILL get pissed off about the 245th pick in the draft! I don't know why though!

I guess mostly because we know Buddy and Chandler won't be awake when free agency opens, Bellore and Devlin will be signed as backups for the best teams, and then Buddy will play it off like we're the morons.

Yeah, we know they'll be sleeping when FA opens..... And you WILL be pissed!!! But you won't know why.....

I wouldnt worry too much about it.

The bottom bold is YOUR OPINION. Speaking of opinions.

Since 1992, there have been 1.5 championships won by northern schools. Ohio St in '02, and a half for michigan splitting in '97. The best football players come from Florida and Texas, and the southeast in general. But yeah, lets draft northern guys so they have "cold weather experience" for the 1 game per season where the elements might come into play.

Ha! Well, cant argue with that. Go Bills!

When Devlin/Bellore turn into Franchise QBs, I'll buy ya a round so you can forget about it. :beer: