So we just drafted 3 DB's and not a single player

with the exception of taking a DB in round 2 I thought it was a pretty good draft...should have taken one of the available pass rushers there

obviously getting Dareus at 3 was awesome and they filled needs at ILB and safety

I just dont think this team could afford to spend a second round pick on a DB when they had more glaring needs in the defensive front 7 and offensive line

there are always DB's available that can contribute in the 4th and 5th round, the same cant be said for pass rushers

Edited by Max997

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix and Gailey are from the south. They also have a lot of contacts with coaches/staffs of teams in the ACC and SEC. They can scout players and see there talent level and yes interview a player for an hour at the combine. But his college coaches are going to know a kid better then anyone. Nix and Gailey will get the real story about a guy.

Also look at who has won the National Championship for years. SEC. Sorry guys but the best players in the country are from the South. Maybe Ralph realized this and got a southern scout that had a lot of contacts in the south to be his GM? Might be a big stretch on my part, but hey with all the "Ralph is cheap, senile, etc....".

People keep forgetting the Bills NEEDED DB's. Whitner gone, McGee can't stay healthy, Florence probably gone...Uhh thats 3 of our 4 starters. They grabbed a CB with a 1st rnd rating in Williams. They grabbed maybe the biggest and most physical safety in the draft (4th rnd) in Searcy.... Even with taking Williams they still got one of the best LB's in the draft in Sheppard. These are great need picks. Oh yeah, and the beast that is Dareus which also fills our BIGGEST NEED....Whats to whine about here until we see them play?

Without even going through a training camp or some preseason games, how would you even begin to speculate as to how many starters they are going to end up with?

Hence the words "I think". I watch A LOT of college football. I've seen all of the guys I mentioned play a lot. From what I've seen on the field from these players is what I base my opinion upon. :thumbsup:

The New England Patriots are chock full of guys from the SEC. You know why? Because it's by far the most advanced and dominant Conference in NCAA Football. Those players seem to do just fine up in Foxboro. Cold is not a big deal.

Kelsay, Maybin, Whitner and Evans all came from the Big 10. You see them lighting it up in the cold?

This is the dumbest point being argued on the board about this draft. And that says something.

If you don't like this draft you will never like any draft buffalo has ever done . Stop complaining

AMEN!

Considering the best college football is played South of the Mason-Dixon line I don't see what the problem is.

people are just way too caught up in the playing in bad weather thing

Ricky Williams never saw snow until he played in Buffalo that one game and ended up rushing for over 200 yards i think

We should have used our first pick on Ponder and traded back into the first for Dalton.

no..we should have traded back for Ponder and drafted Dalton and Mallet in the second. We might have gotten a couple of more lesser known qb's in rounds three and four and few free agents. :wallbash:

We have a pretty good quarterback and a questionable offensive line. The draft was an A plus in my book and the only thing I would have liked more was if a premier offensive tackle slipped into the second round for us. Didn't happen but we made the best of what was there. Good job Buddy and Chan.

Without even going through a training camp or some preseason games, how would you even begin to speculate as to how many starters they are going to end up with?

That's why he said "I think." Also, its easy to speculate because of the new influx of talent, the poor talent we have, and the possible exit of FA talent that might leave the team.

people are just way too caught up in the playing in bad weather thing

Ricky Williams never saw snow until he played in Buffalo that one game and ended up rushing for over 200 yards i think

Also when was the last time you saw a college game played in bad weather? That doesn't happen as much as people think. For the most part all the college games are played before Thanksgiving and the Bowl games are all played in good weather or in a dome. So what exactly is the advantage to having played at a "cold weather" school?

Hence the words "I think". I watch A LOT of college football. I've seen all of the guys I mentioned play a lot. From what I've seen on the field from these players is what I base my opinion upon. :thumbsup:

I fully understand it is your opinion.

All the players drafted were VERY GOOD in college. That doesn't mean anything in terms of how they transition to the NFL. Dareus is a shoe-in to be a starter. The rest are yet to be determined.

...to play football in Buffalo. I'm not impressed. The jury is still out on last year's draft and aside from Dareus, this draft is looking very suspect. I certainly hope that this crew knows something that I don't and doesn't turn out to be yet another 4 year cluster !@#$. Tic toc tic toc...

Osama bin Laden gets killed and your reaction is to post something negative about the Bills draft. Either you're trolling or you just need a little bit more good cheer in your life, sunshine.

I think we got 5 starters from this draft. Dareus will start day 1 and be a cornerstone on defense, Aaron Williams will start at some point this year and will be a good NFL CB, Kelvin Sheppard will start from day 1 and will be the perfect compliment to Puz, Searcy will be Whitner's replacement, and Hairston will be our starting RT at some point this year. The rest I'm not sure about.

I am one of the few people here that actually likes McKelvin. Don't see Aaron Williams starting. Maybe nickelback. Otherwise,I agree.

The New England Patriots are chock full of guys from the SEC. You know why? Because it's by far the most advanced and dominant Conference in NCAA Football. Those players seem to do just fine up in Foxboro. Cold is not a big deal.

Furthermore with all the complaining about the Bills taking more DBs it should be noted that for the 5th straight year the Patriots took a DB in either the first or second round.

Guest three3

it's not just the concern over how they'll play in the weather here, it's the attitude, sometimes hidden, towards playing in our weather and living in this area. guys like anthony castonzo would embrace the climate here and most importantly, consider staying with the team beyond the first contract

knows something that I don't

It's a shame people don't read the damn newspaper anymore:

The South is known for its abundance of football talent. The Bills took three players each from the Southeastern Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference, two of the most talent-rich leagues in the country. The last five BCS national championships have been won by SEC schools.

Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said where the players they drafted came from was just a coincidence.

"I do think that's where you find the most of them," he said. "Guys that play in big games, they don't get shook when they have to [play]."

More things you didn't know: :pirate:

Nearly 100 scouts attend North Carolina pro day...

It doesn't really matter if they can or can't play. It is just unsettling that they ALL came from one region. Are Buddy and company even looking out west, in the mid-west or up north?