Best UDFA List

Ryan Bartholomew C 6'1" 302 Syracuse

Kendric Burney DB 5'9" 186 North Carolina

Mark Herzlich LB 6'4" 244 Boston College

Patrick Devlin QB 6'3" 225 Delaware

Jeffrey Maehl WR 6'1" 190 Oregon

Richard Lapham OL 6'8" 315 Boston College

I'd like to give Kedric Burney,Kai Forbath, Kris O'Dowd,Noel Devine,Terrance Tolliver, and Weslye Sanders a look.

Side Note: is Daniel Aiken from UVA really a 6 foot 4 244 pound OFFENSIVE LINEMAN????

Edited by mob16151

Nishous - nice lsit but toward the top I would add TE Andre Smith from VA Tech. He is the complete package & Would be a true steal.

Yeah, i think we are gonna maybe pick up a tight end for blocking purposes only in FA

Schuylar Oordt - because I've heard of him.

How about because he's 6'7", 246 lbs, recorded a 4.63 40 and a 36 vertical leap, and racked up >18 YPC at a small school with historically a good football program?

Nishous - nice lsit but toward the top I would add TE Andre Smith from VA Tech. He is the complete package & Would be a true steal.

Strange that he's not on that list of UFA. I agree, he would be valuable - immediate special teams contributor and good blocking skills.

Janoris Jenkins, DB out of UF is the most valuable UDFA there is. He was booted form the team at UF a mere week or so by a new coach looking to make a stand. He was booted for drugs, but it was just weed. It was like his second weed violation and then he got in a little fight 2 entire years ago. Yeah he's no saint, but that's why he's available and he didn't kill anyone or have a cocaine problem (like a certain QB people wanted to draft). The kid was the second CB to start day one as a freshman in school history. He was a freshman all-american. He WAS without a doubt the best player on UF's defense until he was booted, once again by a new coach who looked to crack the whip and establish discipline. Plain and simple if Urban were still at UF he would not have been kicked off (since it wasn't that serious and he was one of Urban's guys), he would be the best player on the D next season, and he would have been a 1st round pick in next years draft (2 at the latest). Keep in mind I'm saying he was poised to be that next year, not that he would have been this year. He needed another year to blow up but he would have been up there. Same player. Worth bringing in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=378601

Stats Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions

YEAR TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

2008 34 24 10 1 0 0 1 0 3 19 6.3 16 0 0

2009 29 24 5 0 0 0 1 0 2 4 2.0 4 0 0

2010 43 33 10 1 0 0 0 0 3 68 22.7 67 1 0

Edited by dayman

Weslye Saunders, TE South Carolina. Talented receiver; Ok blocker

I imagine he didn't get drafted because he was dismissed from the team in September. He did not play as a senior and there are serious concerns about his character. He can't block. Other than that...

Janoris Jenkins, DB out of UF is the most valuable UDFA there is. He was booted form the team at UF a mere week or so by a new coach looking to make a stand. He was booted for drugs, but it was just weed. It was like his second weed violation and then he got in a little fight 2 entire years ago. Yeah he's no saint, but that's why he's available and he didn't kill anyone or have a cocaine problem (like a certain QB people wanted to draft). The kid was the second CB to start day one as a freshman in school history. He was a freshman all-american. He WAS without a doubt the best player on UF's defense until he was booted, once again by a new coach who looked to crack the whip and establish discipline. Plain and simple if Urban were still at UF he would not have been kicked off (since it wasn't that serious and he was one of Urban's guys), he would be the best player on the D next season, and he would have been a 1st round pick in next years draft (2 at the latest). Keep in mind I'm saying he was poised to be that next year, not that he would have been this year. He needed another year to blow up but he would have been up there. Same player. Worth bringing in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=378601

Stats Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions

YEAR TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD

2008 34 24 10 1 0 0 1 0 3 19 6.3 16 0 0

2009 29 24 5 0 0 0 1 0 2 4 2.0 4 0 0

2010 43 33 10 1 0 0 0 0 3 68 22.7 67 1 0

Would he be available for the supplemental draft? He just got booted recentlty. However, his last 2 "just weed" incidents came very close together. I believe one was in January and this past one was 2 weeks ago. He did have a different issue a year ago. Now, that is either stupid or sloppy and before you even think about it, you assess your locker room and determine whether we have strong enough leadership, like that Colorado kid is going to have with Ray Lewis, to tell him...This will not happen again, because you will not cost this football team on the field by your actions. But he may be worth a sniff if he is eligible for the supplemental draft.

Mark Herzlich was a BEAST before getting cancer and was a sure first round pick. He is now cancer free, give him a year to build his body back up and get back into football shape and you have yourself a great football player.