New England Could have Drafted a Clip Board Holder

The Pats were just plain stupid not to move and to get Quinn, Fairley or Watt.

Hmmmm...keep the 3rd round pick and draft Mallett or use it in a trade up in the first to rebuild a nothing pass rush...LOL

Brady has got to be pissed about this draft. Solder needs to bulk up, no help on defense, they draft a QB which is of no help to you winning a championship, 2 RBs.

The Mallet pick is more of a boon for him than it is for New England, IMO.

Their system, which caters to statuesque QB's (Bledsoe, turned Brady) is perfect for him. So if and when he thrives in it, we'll be hearing a **** ton of "I told you so's" when it comes to Mallet, even though it's a total apples to oranges comparison with what Chan expects from/coaches his QB's to play.

But, at the end of the day, Mallet needs New England more than New England needs Mallet. If he's the scumbag some of us believe him to be, then the universe will unfold, as it always does, just as it's meant to.

If he becomes a super star, he LIKE BRADY, will have the SYSTEM to thank more than anything else. I've been saying it about Brady for years, and I get flamed, hard. But to this day, I've still never seen Brady win games by himself, by being a playmaker, escaping blitzes, throwing on the run, succeeding IN SPITE of others' mistakes. You want to beat Tom Brady, you pressure him. It's really not that complicated.

I would disagree, I think it may be just as good as it is bad for him going to NE. The good, he gets to sit behind and learn from a future HOFer and will probably get a SB ring before he even starts a game. The Bad, he will probably spend his entire first NFL contract sitting on the bench holding a clipboard and playing clean-up in garbage time for them, which isn't going to help him get a great second contract when his first ones up.

When they lose Brady it is over

That's what they thought when Bledsoe went down ... and what they thought when Brady went down and only had Matt Cassel to back him up. As long as they have that owner, that front office and that head coach - they'll be favorites to win the AFC East every single year. And rightfully so.

I would disagree, I think it may be just as good as it is bad for him going to NE. The good, he gets to sit behind and learn from a future HOFer and will probably get a SB ring before he even starts a game. The Bad, he will probably spend his entire first NFL contract sitting on the bench holding a clipboard and playing clean-up in garbage time for them, which isn't going to help him get a great second contract when his first ones up.

Just how many more years do you think Brady has left in the tank? He's 33, entering year 11.

They had a ton of picks and seemed to

a) reach on most of them

b) did not address their biggest areas of need.

Not sure why they traded out of Ingram to get a gut nobody heard of.

Mallet though was a solid pick for them

This is the thing.....when you have a franchise that is steadily solid and successful like the Pats nobody is going to say anything BUT

- If Brady actually goes down

- They actually play Mallett

- And he falls apart

What you could actually see is the beginning of the end for the pats.......if they have to lean on Mallett and he crumbles......it could cost them.

In the 2nd or 3rd

And NFL expert would say how smart and good the pick was....tired of hearing about the Pats

I get people hate the Pats...but lets be real, they have earned the praise they get. They run that team very well and always have a bounty of picks to keep the infusion of young talent that allows them to be a contender year in and year out. People were blasting them on here all through the draft saying thats why they havent won anything in like 6 years...um, they are a serious contender every single year, even the year they lost Brady for the season and put a guy under center who had not started a game since HIGH SCHOOL. They have 3 SB wins in the last decade and are pretty much a top 5 team every other year.

What are the Bills? A bottom 5 team year after year...anyone who says they don't like what the Patriots do just must not like winning as they have the most SB wins and appearances over the last decade or so, even more than Pitt. And to boot, they just loaded up AGAIN on the draft next year while still grabbing what could be the top OL in the draft 3 years from now, much needed help at RB in the 2nd and the best pure passer in the draft in the 3rd. Mallet slipped because of character questions, then finds himself on one of the 2 teams that would be the absolute perfect fit for him (NE or Indy) where he is in a tremendously run organization, behind one of the best pocket passers ever in the NFL (who is also athletically challenged in his legs) with a tremendous coaching staff.

I personally was quite impressed with how their draft went for them and how they not only got some good prospects, but also set them self up again in next years draft.

They had a ton of picks and seemed to

a) reach on most of them

b) did not address their biggest areas of need.

Not sure why they traded out of Ingram to get a gut nobody heard of.

Mallet though was a solid pick for them

Um, every year RB's nobody has ever heard of come into the league in dominate...so just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he isnt a good prospect. Ever hear of Arian Foster? He only led the NFL in rushing after being a practice squad player the year before. How about Starks in GB who came in as a late round draft choice and became a factor for them. Many of the RB's in this league were not high profile picks.

I personally was quite impressed with how their draft went for them and how they not only got some good prospects, but also set them self up again in next years draft.

That is the the single biggest thing about them that both impresses and infuriates me.

Their organization is what I want the Bills organization to be when they grow up.

And now if you will excuse me I need to go wash the bad taste out of my mouth.

That's what happens when you're team is among the elite the last 8 or so years. They've earned their respect and are clearly among the best drafters in the NFL. I hate the Patriots as much as anybody else in here, but you have to give them props.

From what I understand the bulk of their scouting department from the late 90s and early 2000s have moved on. If that's the case, we're touting the drafting genius of laundry.

When they lose Brady it is over

That goes against all the Brady haters here who will tell you that he is nothing more than a "system QB". There was even someone here a few years back who swore that the majority of the Pats success was due to Vinatieri and NOT Brady. :lol: :lol:

Edited by LabattBlue

whats the point of getting additional picks if they are not hitting on the ones they actually use?

besides the two TE's they drafted last year how good have the Pats drafts actually been lately?

their offensive line hasnt been good and for a team playing a 3-4 they dont get a lot of sacks from their OLB's

i am just not as impressed with what they do during the draft every year as most are

I will feel free to dis off the Pats* (and the Jets) when we start winning more games than they