Round 4 (Pick 100): DB Da'Norris Searcy - North Carolina

And we got him at pick #100 this time!! See the FO is actually getting better under Nix.

Didnt get cute and made the right pick at #3. Loaded up the defense the rest of the way. Grabbed an OT prospect. Smart pickin', Buddy!!

No. We drafted 3 DB's so Dick Jauron is back and we are doomed to suck forever. Plus, Donte tweets so I hate him.

/end idiocy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All too many posters who allegedly are fans of the Bills amaze me with their negativity.

We have just drafted a hard hitting leader who may finally give us a safety who can cover tight ends! How many middle of the road tight ends have caught third down passes and easily gained first downs because Bills players couldn't cover?

This draft continues to impress and we are getting a good picture of the leaders with motors that Nix and Gailey

Go Bills!!!

People also treat 4th round picks as if they are going to make or break the team year one. Fans need to keep things in perspective.

I hope Searcy is the next Polamalu and can stay healthy but just for posterity sack here is a list of players the Bills could have had instead of Searcy:

5(102) Cameron, J. TE USC CLE

6(103) Acho, S. DE TEX ARI

7(104) Stocker, L. TE TENN TB(T)

9(106) Ballard, C. DT IOWA MIN

12(109) McCarthy, C. ILB MIA TEN

16(113) Chekwa, C. CB OHST OAK

19(116) Matthews, C. ILB ORE PHI(T)

20(117) Brewer, J. OT IND NYG

Pick 100 and 133 I hate the rest of the draft the Bills' done good for a change.

However I hated the Byrd pick too FWIW

Edited by Why So Serious?

I hope Searcy is the next Polamalu and can stay healthy but just for posterity sack here is a list of players the Bills could have had instead of Searcy:

Pick 100 and 133 I hate the rest of the draft the Bills' done good for a change.

There were a lot more players than that available. The draft went another 3+ rounds! So what?

Either Jauron is running the Bills 2011 draft or Nix is trying to piss off the last remains of the fan base.

I am not one hundred percent with the bills brass but rather they make the fans unhappy now, and make them happy in the fall by stoping the run and covering tightends. Look at the roster. Youbouty not offered a contract. Whitner and Florence free agents. McGee injury prone, Mckelvin not a top corner at the best of times. The Harris's gone. Who is left to man the corners? Reggie? Not my idea of a starting corner.

If any of the new guys work out maybe they can cover the receivers and tight ends, and support the run. No one could last year.

The Bills like him.

I thought it was a bit of a reach. He apparently is a safety who has decent ball skills, but is relatively weak against the run. It looks like the Bills need some insurance for when Whitner leaves. This is the first pick the Bills have made this year that I don't really like at all. Although I must say that I don't have first hand info on the guy, but the draft experts who have seen him are not too keen on him.

Getting some different opinions on whether he is weak against the run.....

Frankly I dont know how you can play on that UNC defense and be weak against the run...they dont seem to roll like that

How many of those players can eventually be our starting SS? Z-row

You hate the pick because you'd rather have someone else, rather than actually looking at the pick, and realizing that it fills a need. We have 3 safeties and 3 CBs under contract. I love the pick.

This team needs to draft to fill holes, not stack talent at positions where we already have it. We have got to start keeping good players past their rookie contracts or it will be a never ending revolving door for talent. 2 DBs & now a RB, what's next, another WR? Come on Nix, how about a DE?

We have Dareus, carrington, Edwards, Johnson (Kelsey, 4-3) at DE. Williams and troupe at DT. We have THREE safeties. How does your post make ANY sense?

Who was the second rated SS in the 2006 draft?

The obvious difference being that Whitner was drafted 8th overall where Searcy was taken 100th overall…but I'm sure you weren't trying to be negative…

The irony of all this of course is that Bills' 2nd rounder Aaron Williams is Michael Huff's brother.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

This kid is the strongest DB in the draft and has great ball instincts...I like it, could be used at DB and S, but I think he is being targeted as a S.

Our secondary needs the help...it looked ok on paper last year only because our run D was so bad. But when teams needed to throw on 3rd an long we folded.

I think we now have the 2 best safeties in the draft not named Peterson.

Buffalo News:

"The decision to take Searcy was due in part to the uncertainty at safety. Starter Donte Whitner could leave via free agency, depending on the outcome of the NFL's labor situation. Bryan Scott is still under contract, but there is no guarantee he'll hold onto his job.

The 5-foot-10 1/2, 223-pound Searcy provides insurance, but also adds more talent to the position. He was overshadowed by the numerous high-profile Tar Heel defensive draft picks, but ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. had him rated as the second-best strong safety."

Aaron Williams, if used as a safety, would be the toughest, strongest safety in this draft. Not bad.

How many of those players can eventually be our starting SS? Z-row

You hate the pick because you'd rather have someone else, rather than actually looking at the pick, and realizing that it fills a need. We have 3 safeties and 3 CBs under contract. I love the pick.

Incorrect. Don't confuse me with the idiot posters that say we have "depth" or a "strength" in our secondary. We don't and we don't.

We have a very underrated Safety in Wilson and then Byrd.

If Aaron Williams plays FS than what do we do with Byrd? You can't put Williams, Searcy, and Byrd on the field at the same time.

If Williams doesn't play Safety and can play at a position where we have a huge need, CB then the Searcy picks makes some sense as a lil' Donte replacement.

Still there were better players that met a more immediate need than picking up a 3rd, 4th, or 5th Safety.

Right now this looks like a bad pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Incorrect. Don't confuse me with the idiot posters that say we have "depth" or a "strength" in our secondary. We don't and we don't.

We have a very underrated Safety in Wilson and then Byrd.

If Aaron Williams plays FS than what do we do with Byrd? You can't put Williams, Searcy, and Byrd on the field at the same time.

If Williams doesn't play Safety and can play at a position where we have a huge need, CB then the Searcy picks makes some sense as a lil' Donte replacement.

Still there were better players that met a more immediate need than picking up a 3rd, 4th, or 5th Safety.

Right now this looks like a bad pick.

Sorry wss, didnt see it was you making the post. You know your bills, i know that for sure.

They like searcy. They think he can eventually start at SS for us (or else it is a bad) and has the coverage skills, especially for 220 lb DB to "hopefully" be able to cover TEs. That is a HUGE need for this team. Maybe Sheppard can too? But they know they needed to address TE coverage as well as long term starting SS. They addressed it. I think it's a great pick....assuming he can fill those roles.

Sorry wss, didnt see it was you making the post. You know your bills, i know that for sure.

They like searcy. They think he can eventually start at SS for us (or else it is a bad) and has the coverage skills, especially for 220 lb DB to "hopefully" be able to cover TEs. That is a HUGE need for this team. Maybe Sheppard can too? But they know they needed to address TE coverage as well as long term starting SS. They addressed it. I think it's a great pick....assuming he can fill those roles.

I hope so.

I hope he can make the plays that Lil' Donte never could.

Plays in, around and behind the LOS.