• Jabaal Sheard
    • Justin Houston
    • Akeem Ayers
    • Ben Ijilana
    • Ryan Mallet
    • Andy Dalton
    • Da'Quan Bowers
    • Other

I still say, even before the Darius pick, that OLB was our biggest need. Justin Houston is, imo, the best available OLB in the draft. Take him! Good value at that spot as well :)

regardless of how you feel about their abilities, we have Kelsay and Merriman signed for decent money to play OLB. We also have Moats. I doubt we take an OLB at 2. ILB, maybe

I really want a solid OLB, but we need OL help, and a QB of the future.

I don't know if anyone is aware of it..but I heard it on WGR news the other day that both Christian Ballard DE, and Justin Houston were popped for THC a few days ago. It may have been for some type of event like wrestling if I recall correctly. I definitely don't need another bad influence which I felt M. Lynch was when on our roster! I see the poll shows a equal amount of the vote went in his direction and wonder if people would vote the same way if they were aware of this information?

regardless of how you feel about their abilities, we have Kelsay and Merriman signed for decent money to play OLB. We also have Moats. I doubt we take an OLB at 2. ILB, maybe

Even though Kelsay SUCKED at OLB last year and Merriman may not even be 50/50 to make it out of training camp, and if he does, chances are he is a shell of his former self, we should ignore OLB in the 2nd round? Brilliant!

Edited by LabattBlue

Dalton may be the new Drew Brees.... didn't Nix have input into drafting Brees in second round in San Diego? Maybe he is our target?

Dalton, Wilson, Bowers if healthy, Ayers. Man, we can't lose or screw this up even if we tried. If Oakland wants our #2 we take their #2 and next years #1 minimally. Not sure if I'd do it though. we can't screw this up unless we go DB again like in years past.

I believe you have to go with Bowers. There will be LB's available in the third round. To get two stud DL like Dareus and Bowers would be a steal IMO. I have read the medical reports and everything that I have read indicates that his knee will heal up just fine. If you look at him on film from this past season, he was a beast even after he injured the knee. Just think how good he will be when it heals. His medical re-checks indicate that it is healing well and nowhere do the reports suggest that he will need micro-fracture surgery. I say grab him. If we don't someone else will in this round for sure.

I believe you have to go with Bowers. There will be LB's available in the third round. To get two stud DL like Dareus and Bowers would be a steal IMO. I have read the medical reports and everything that I have read indicates that his knee will heal up just fine. If you look at him on film from this past season, he was a beast even after he injured the knee. Just think how good he will be when it heals. His medical re-checks indicate that it is healing well and nowhere do the reports suggest that he will need micro-fracture surgery. I say grab him. If we don't someone else will in this round for sure.

I could not agree more. I think he is the BPA @34 by miles. We would have blue chip DEs regardless of defensive alignment. Imagine Bowers, Darius, KW, and Carrington lined up in the nickel. The combinations of these guys that we could throw at O-lines would be sick and allow us to put more guys in covererage. In a perfect world you would prefer a good pass rush without having to blitz. That is something the Jets don't even have right now.

Don't think they will take an ILB at #34 either, Poz will be back. The Bills have made it known they want him and he has made it known he wants to be in Buffalo, it is just a matter of a new CBA getting done.

Edited by billsfreak

At LB, I like Jabal Sheard first (with the Wanstadt connection) and then Brooks Reed.

I would give very strong consideration to Bruce Carter to play ILB also. I think Carter would have gone

in round 1 had he not had knee surgery late last year. He could be a Thurman Thomas type value in round

2, even if the Bills might have to wait a year for his full recovery. All indications are that he will be healthy

enough to participate in training camp. I will lay odds that if someone else doesn't take Carter early

tonight that NE will grab him with one of their 3 freaking 2nd round picks.

I could really get on-board with Colin Kaepernick or Kyle Rudolph, too.

I could easily imagine a scenario where we take Bowers @34 if our med staff feels his knee is ok. But I would not be at all surprised is we traded back into the 2nd round for one of the 3 remaining top end QBs. It all depends on what Cinc does, since they pick before us in the 3rd round. I wouldn't mind either of those 3 QBs. I think Mallet is the best of the 3, but Kaep may be a better fit for Gailey. Dalton is the smart marksman that may really develop into the franchise guy though. That said, again, i'm game for either of them AFTER we take Bowers if his knee is medically cleared.

POW!!!!