Bowers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he was talked about as a potential #1 pick and yet 32 teams passed on him worries me a bunch. So I'd rather go with someone who may not be out of the league in 3 years because he only has one leg to walk on.

No problem; transplant Aaron Maybin's leg onto Bowers.

I think a lot of it, if not most of it, was based on money and the importance of your #1 pick being a can't miss prospect in your GM/coach/owner/scout's eyes. Teams were worried about paying Bowers first round money, and the chance that he is going to require surgery in a couple years (it's not supposed to be right away), or that he was going to be a one-contract player. That all goes away when you're in the second round. I could easily imagine a team that wouldn't touch him in the first half of the first round that would have him at the very top of their board in the second round.

Bowers would be my choice, and worth the risk, considering there are a lot of good choices available, but the main needs for us right now, ILB and OT, does not have a stud player available. There seems to be a few very good DE/OLB pass rusher types but that is not what we need. We need to find out if Merriman and/or Moats are going to be good. What we really need is an OLB to replace Kelsay, one who can contain, cover, stop the run and tackle. I don't see a stud player like that available right now either, although there are a couple that could develop into one.

I'd take Bowers with the bum knee than any part of Maybin.

I'd take Bowers bum knee detached from his body running around on the field by itself over Maybin.

Edited by Wiz

I don't think he was comparing the two players, or their specific injury. The point is the reward is greater than the risk.Can a single draft transform our Pass-Rush/Run-Stop games from worst to first? I think so! And Bowers-Dareus is how you do it.

GO BILLS!

Ok. I agree that Bowers has, or had, the potential to be a special player but how is the reward greater than the risk? If his knee already has bone-on-bone Bowers might not last one season, he might last only 2 or 3 season at best. There are many good players to choose from at #34 ... many that will could step in and start in this team for a long time.

Everything I have just read says his knee is fine. And with all the Hybrid Defense talk, he's a No Brainer pick here. Starting my Vigil now! Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

Yeah, I'd like to get Bowers now as well. It seems like a dream scenario for us to have both sides of the lines with monsters on them, what a change.

heres the issue -- bone on bone, and he would need to do 1 of 2 things.

put on weight to play 34 end -- bad news for a knee issue

drop a little and run in space -- bad news for a knee issue

hes best suited for 43 defense to begin with.

terrible fit for buffalo.