Way too much overconfidence on this board.

1billsfan

I don't get how everyone feels so confident the Bills will beat the Bengals. First off, the Bengals are the home team, calls will not be going our way. Secondly, their wideouts scare the heck out of me. Best we'll face all year. Thirdly, our corners can be had, making this a deadly combo. I don't think they will run on us very well but if Kitna gets time to throw we'll be in trouble. We're not facing the Browns this week. I think this game is 50-50, but I will not be surprised if we lose this one.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think the game might be decided by a bogus pass interference call????

162797[/snapback]

I think we'll win but I do have visions of incidental contact followed by crowd roar followed by very late flag coming in followed by a ref huddle and a boom mike picking up "just give it to em" :)

I think we'll win, but a loss wouldn't surprise me either,

based on the history of the Bills' performance in big games in Cincy...

2 playoff losses & a big regular season loss late in 1988.

Sure would be nice to finally win one out there.

I am terrified of this game, not only do thier wideouts spook me, Im afraid that some of TKO's emotions may get in the way, and we may have some late stuff that extends drives. Our offense really has to control the game, we need to be able to grind it out and take the crowd out early. Afew weeks ago, the Bengals put up a ton against Cleveland (I know), but they can score, and they will feel comfortable at home looking to squeeze into the playoffs. This is a tough game, Im getting real tense about this one.

I think you mistake faith and optimism for overconfidence. I believe most here realize that the Bengals can win this game, no question. I predicted a Bills win by 7 but I'm not betting the house on it. Just backing my team .

162807[/snapback]

Maybe it's been all of the predicting that I don't like. The Bengals are no joke and this game is on the road. Yet everyone seems to think we'll win. I'm not predicting this one, I'll take a pass thank you.

I don't get how everyone feels so confident the Bills will beat the Bengals. First off, the Bengals are the home team, calls will not be going our way. Secondly, their wideouts scare the heck out of me. Best we'll face all year. Thirdly, our corners can be had, making this a deadly combo. I don't think they will run on us very well but if Kitna gets time to throw we'll be in trouble. We're not facing the Browns this week. I think this game is 50-50, but I will not be surprised if we lose this one.

162795[/snapback]

I have read a lot of uncertainty on this board. I for one am not taking this game for granted. Lewis has the Bengals playing hard. What fuels my optimism is how well all 3 units for the Bills have played the last four games. And, there have been no squeakers. However, it we regress, we lose. We can't expect 5-6 turnovers, or an impotent offense, or special teams breakdowns from the Bengals. WE will have to win this game and not depend on the Bengals to lose it.

I don't think anyone is that confident about this game. Everything I've been reading seems to be how we're all scared to death about this one. Sure a lot of us are predicting a win but I think that's more optimism and hope than overconfidence. Its going to be a hard fought game and very close, I think the Bills win it in the end 26-23.

By the way, as someone else said, it doesn't matter what we think of this game, only what the players think and I bet they are taking this very seriously. It seems thats what Mularkey does best, keeping this team focused.

If we can't beat the Bengals in Cincinnati, we don't belong in the playoffs.  Period.

162843[/snapback]

...how about, if we don't beat the Bengals we WON'T be in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

BTW, do you think Cincinnati is really that bad? You speak of them as if they were the Browns or something.

I have read a lot of uncertainty on this board.  I for one am not taking this game for granted.  Lewis has the Bengals playing hard.  What fuels my optimism is how well all 3 units for the Bills have played the last four games.  And, there have been no squeakers.  However, it we regress, we lose.  We can't expect 5-6 turnovers, or an impotent offense, or special teams breakdowns from the Bengals.  WE will have to win this game and not depend on the Bengals to lose it.

162825[/snapback]

Kitna could have a bad game. He's had a lot of them in the past and I'm hoping for a large heaping of rust to help our cause.

The fantasy football idiots at USA Today touted both Kitna and Houshmandzadeh as pickups for this week. Said Kitna "handled" the Patriots D and "should do the same with the Bills."

I don't like picking games, so I won't. But I hope this article is on the bulletin board in the defense's meeting room this week.

...how about, if we don't beat the Bengals we WON'T be in the playoffs.  :rolleyes:

BTW, do you think Cincinnati is really that bad? You speak of them as if they were the Browns or something.

162855[/snapback]

No, I don't think they're bad. I think they're an average team in today's NFL. If you can't beat average teams when you have something to play for, you don't belong in the playoffs.