What's the best Pizza place in the city?

Bill Cowher

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean NYC (especially if you're here for the Draft). There is a chain called "Patsy's" that is very good. There's one I think up around 74th and Columbus (call first, as it's been a while since I lived in the 'hood). Another school day favorite of mine up near the Columbia area on about 110th and Amsterdam is V&T's--good, old style Italian restaurant. Hope this helps and enjoy your time here.....

1- La Nova

2- Casa Di Pizza

3- Bob & John's LaHacienda (Hertel- though I have not been there in a few years)

When I was back for Christmas, I had a 6:30am flight out...I ate a day old slice of La Nova for breakfest...I think it was the best thing I have ever eaten...Casa Di Pizza rocks too! Great place to sit down and eat, especially if the Sabres are on...Buffalo pizza just does not get the attention it deserves, nationally...

Edited by Buftex

im in buff

I grew up in Buffalo, and as much as they have great food, I'm not at all crazy about the standard Buffalo pizzeria pies. Buffalonians love that Bocce pizza. Yuck!

In Buffalo, they grease an aluminum pan that looks like one of them saucers kids used to slide down snowy hill. After greasing the metal tray with Crisco or some other kind of shortening, they stretch the dough on it and sauce it up with sugary sweet tomato sauce and top it with quarter-sized margheritta pepperoni that's spicy and shrinks, gets crispy, and curls up like bacon.

After the pie is ¾ done cooking in their double decker Bloggett ovens, the baker slides it off the snow saucer to crisp up the bottom on the oven bricks, since it's all greasy and soggy from the snow saucer grease bath.

They do have good mozzerella cheese - I'll give 'em that. Otherwise, I'll take a nice thin pie stretched out over a traditional wooden peel and cooked directly on hot bricks - NY style. Don't even get me started on that half a loaf of bread crap from Chicago they call pizza.

1- La Nova

2- Casa Di Pizza

3- Bob & John's LaHacienda (Hertel- though I have not been there in a few years)

When I was back for Christmas, I had a 6:30am flight out...I ate a day old slice of La Nova for breakfest...I think it was the best thing I have ever eaten...Casa Di Pizza rocks too! Great place to sit down and eat, especially if the Sabres are on...Buffalo pizza just does not get the attention it deserves, nationally...

i could not agree more! its always about NYC pizza or chicago pizza!.. b s!.. GIVE ME BUFFALO PIZZA!.. nothing like it! once you cannot get it , you really appreciate it. living in philly, you get paper thin crust, ketchup and thuringer essentially.. .. sucks.. i like all the places mentioned, but pasquales in west seneca or derby is good also..

There's no such thing as the best, everyone's got their own opinion of the best.

Over all though, WNY has the best pizza, period!

Just try moving away, and getting a good pie, I live in CA,

and can't find anything eatable, they don't believe in sauce, you'll choke to death

if you don't have a drink near.

Edited by im4bflo

Bocce is the best - have it and you'll never go back. Every time I come to WNY for a game I make a point of buying 5 pizzas and bringing them back with me to freeze (even frozen and reheated it is light years better than just about anything else).

Do you get the half-baked version? I know they offer some sort of travel set up where they prep it for you to take with you though I never see any details on their website how it works or if it costs more.

1- La Nova

2- Casa Di Pizza

Amen!

I can get good wings anywhere. Our Bills bar, and a few others around me, even import Anchor Bar sauce. The only trick to wings is keeping them in long enough to crisp them up.

But it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find good pizza here in the city (ATL). There is a Buffalo themed place out towards the suburbs that is really good. But you'd think ONE place in the city would be ok. Im stuck choosing between Papa Johns and Dominos. For the Sabres Playoffs, as well as for our draft party tonight, we actually flew in pizza from Buffalo.