All Newton all the time

RichardBag

Hey Thoner. I thought you wanted Newton. No? Why the change of heart all of a sudden? U realize you had NO idea what you were talkin about?

Hahaha no, I never wanted Newton. I haven’t wanted any QB since Luck went back to school. I have said I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Newton over certain others though, because it would make for more entertaining Sundays and I dont expect a good player anyways - so why not Newton? It goes without saying, but hose statements were made in jest.

In my estimation Newton has a farts chance in the wind of being worth the 3rd overall pick when all is said and done. I dont know what Im talking about? Ok Mr Locker and Mr newton, Ill remember that :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another unflattering comment on Cam:

Former NFL defensive tackle Chris Hovan, who played for the Bucs during Gruden’s time there as head coach, was present for the filming (Gruden/Newton).

“I mean, if you look at all the top flight quarterbacks, the Peyton Mannings and Tom Brady, they are so systematic when they play football,” Hovan told WQYK, via JoeBucsFan.com. “They know how to read coverages. The first and second audible or the third audible, where to go when the defense presents looks to them. And I don’t feel in a pressure situation that Cam can make those checks right now. If he was under Jon Gruden, if Jon Gruden was his head coach, he would definitely red shirt. If you are going to put him out there — first of all, Carolina’s offensive line, they pretty much only have Jordan Gross right now. He’s a left tackle and was drafted in the first round. If you put him in there with a suspect offensive line you are going to get the kid killed. Yeah, he can run . . . . but you can only run for so long. They are going to hunt this kid down. I don’t feel he is ready for the NFL level yet. Does he have the intangibles? Athletically, yes he does. But this is just a complex game when you go to the NFL level, especially at the quarterback position. You have to be ready to make those checks at the line of scrimmage. I don’t feel like he is ready for that yet.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/25/more-on-the-gruden-newton-film-session/

Hahaha no, I never wanted Newton. I haven’t wanted any QB since Luck went back to school. I have said I wouldn’t mind if we drafted Newton over certain others though, because it would make for more entertaining Sundays and I dont expect a good player anyways - so why not Newton? It goes without saying, but hose statements were made in jest.

In my estimation Newton has a farts chance in the wind of being worth the 3rd overall pick when all is said and done. I dont know what Im talking about? Ok Mr Locker and Mr newton, Ill remember that :thumbsup:

Thoner7

Veteran

Group:Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=4627

Read and wheep! take Newton

Never wanted Newton? I call BS. Just look at my sig to see all the comments you've made about wanting Newton. Get real dude. All you do is jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. :thumbdown:

Thoner7

Veteran

Group:Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=4627

Read and wheep! take Newton

Never wanted Newton? I call BS. Just look at my sig to see all the comments you've made about wanting Newton. Get real dude. All you do is jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. :thumbdown:

haha I told you those were in jest. my point is/was we are going to draft a bust so take the most entertaining one- which is Newton.

I guess I dont expect you to believe me, but if you read my posts I have been saying I dont want any QB at all this year. So I dont see how that means I wanted Newton all along? Besides, Im a racist and Newton is Black so he is gonna be jsut like Russel and Young, I think he could be a killer WR though.

Edited by Thoner7

haha I told you those were in jest. my point is/was we are going to draft a bust so take the most entertaining one- which is Newton.

I guess I dont expect you to believe me, but if you read my posts I have been saying I dont want any QB at all this year. So I dont see how that means I wanted Newton all along? Besides, Im a racist and Newton is Black so he is gonna be jsut like Russel and Young, I think he could be a killer WR though.

SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!! :thumbdown:

Im glad you dont work for the Bills

If it wasn't for him possibly being a future impact for the team there would be no concern. If I wanted a "Newton" jersey I could have got one after Nate Newton's of the Cowgirls. I only want Buffalo to get him if he can and does produce. If not a waste of 65 bucks or so like Loseman and Bleedsoe.

If it wasn't for him possibly being a future impact for the team there would be no concern. If I wanted a "Newton" jersey I could have got one after Nate Newton's of the Cowgirls. I only want Buffalo to get him if he can and does produce. If not a waste of 65 bucks or so like Loseman and Bleedsoe.

I bought one with my name on it. Ill always be a fan. Safe investment

and I just meant if you were taking Newton Because of his last name...thats some faulty drafting policy

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Guest three3

The more I see of Cam Newton, the less I like.

More precisely, the more I see of Newton, the more I wonder what I am missing. Where is the wow? Where is the amazing pass, the incredible run, the special moment that makes me say, "Hey, I can overlook the fact that this guy is a scandal-ridden controversy magnet."

read more here: http://footballoutsider.com/walkthrough/2011/walkthrough-cram-session

The more I see of Cam Newton, the less I like.

More precisely, the more I see of Newton, the more I wonder what I am missing. Where is the wow? Where is the amazing pass, the incredible run, the special moment that makes me say, "Hey, I can overlook the fact that this guy is a scandal-ridden controversy magnet."

read more here: http://footballoutsider.com/walkthrough/2011/walkthrough-cram-session

How about 50 TDs in one season, a national championship, a heisman trophy, all in the toughest conference and all the while being in the middle of a "scandal-ridden controversy" the whole season. That tells me this guy is mentally tough enough for the NFL. How about a guy with his talents in a league where you can no longer lay a hand on QBs without getting penalized.

If the Bills do pick Newton, the combination of him and Gailey just might be the game changing moment that sets in motion the Bills getting their first superbowl win in a few short years. I'm a huge Fitzpatrick fan, but even I'd become excited if they did draft Newton.

This guy is just parroting the haters who look at him and can only see Russell. I can see the Bills winning a superbowl with a QB that no defense can stop.