All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who compares Vince Young and Cam Newton is beyond hopeless, has no clue, doesn't understand the football he watches, and should be passed over whenever he tries to post "analysis" of something he does not understand.

Cam Newton isn't smart, but he is smart enough to be a QB. He has a great arm (something Vince Young never had). Unlike JaMarcus, Cam is infinitely passionate about football, obsessed. Is Cam's dad worrisome? Yes, but the dad doesn't get the contract... Didn't Cam cheat at UF? Do you think Carl Johnson with his combine low Wonderlic Score of 6 isn't cheating at UF??? Everyone on UF cheats, or has the option to... that's why they are forced to play one game every year with the average letter grade on the helmet.

Cam beat more top teams last year than Ben Roethlisberger played against in four at Miami-OH. Indeed, Auburn won games in different styles against different top teams. When Georgia took away the pass, Auburn ran. When Bama took away the run, Cam unleashed some of the best big game deep throws ever recorded on film.

Cam's offense at Auburn had Cam and...

a traditionally stiff "run blocking" Auburn OL

a good freshman tailback

some speed at WR but "inconsistent" hands (that dropped a bunch right between them)

but as far as top talent, Auburn's offense was Cam and almost exclusively Cam.

Who knew Cam at UF?

A: the coach at Miss State, which clearly wanted Cam

What did Cam do after being kicked out of UF?

A: he went to a JC and won the title

and then?

A) he didn't lose for Auburn...

Cam's response to being stuck on UF and "caught cheating" was to go to two different schools and win championships both times. Cam is not a quitter like Jamarcus. Cam has a real NFL arm unlike Vince Young.

Now, for the Bills, the question is... what does Cam look like in the VERY COLD... and to observe that for the first time, we could take him right now to Antarctica for a "Pro Day workout..."

Rumor is that Cam's also a Zionist.

So you're saying we should Pick Gabbert?

I don't see how anyone could read the top post here and conclude that. Can you quote what I posted about Gabbert?

The simple reality is that it appears likely that CAR will pick a QB, either Cam or Gabbert. Behind them is Denver, which will likely give Tebow at least another year. Given the perception, however "unfounded," of a QB need here, and the odds of a trade up by Wash, SF, AZ, TN, even Cincy is pretty high assuming CAR takes a QB... y'all are gonna be lucky to have one left at 3...

So my position is as follows.

Cam is neither Vince Young nor JaMarcus, and anyone who compares Cam to either of those two is a complete idiot who should be ignored permanently on any subject related to the sport of football. I haven't taken a position on Gabbert because I haven't watched enough of Gabbert to opine. I have watched a lot of Cam, and assuming Cam is OK in cold weather, Cam would be an absolute steal at 3...

That's my take. Any other insinuations or speculations or things that should be left in the PPP forum are irrelevant...

Edited by Dexter

I don't see how anyone could read the top post here and conclude that. Can you quote what I posted about Gabbert?

The simple reality is that it appears likely that CAR will pick a QB, either Cam or Gabbert. Behind them is Denver, which will likely give Tebow at least another year. Given the perception, however "unfounded," of a QB need here, and the odds of a trade up by Wash, SF, AZ, TN, even Cincy is pretty high assuming CAR takes a QB... y'all are gonna be lucky to have one left at 3...

Cam is neither Vince Young nor JaMarcus, and anyone who compares Cam to either of those two is a complete idiot who should be ignored permanently on any subject related to the sport of football. I haven't taken a position on Gabbert because I haven't watched enough of Gabbert to opine. I have watched a lot of Cam, and assuming Cam is OK in cold weather, Cam would be an absolute steal at 3...

That's my take. Any other insinuations or speculations or things that should be left in the PPP forum are irrelevant...

Sarcasm dude...cmon

I agree with you, but the thing is that people on TSW feel as though the Newton at #3 argument has been beaten to death, and Newton is a polarizing figure on this board. The people that responded to your initial post, are the people who don't want the Bills to draft Newton at all costs.

I think he is going to be a solid pro, and comparisons to any current NFL QB are futile.

Anyone who compares Vince Young and Cam Newton is beyond hopeless, has no clue, doesn't understand the football he watches, and should be passed over whenever he tries to post "analysis" of something he does not understand.

Cam Newton isn't smart, but he is smart enough to be a QB. He has a great arm (something Vince Young never had). Unlike JaMarcus, Cam is infinitely passionate about football, obsessed. Is Cam's dad worrisome? Yes, but the dad doesn't get the contract... Didn't Cam cheat at UF? Do you think Carl Johnson with his combine low Wonderlic Score of 6 isn't cheating at UF??? Everyone on UF cheats, or has the option to... that's why they are forced to play one game every year with the average letter grade on the helmet.

Cam beat more top teams last year than Ben Roethlisberger played against in four at Miami-OH. Indeed, Auburn won games in different styles against different top teams. When Georgia took away the pass, Auburn ran. When Bama took away the run, Cam unleashed some of the best big game deep throws ever recorded on film.

Cam's offense at Auburn had Cam and...

a traditionally stiff "run blocking" Auburn OL

a good freshman tailback

some speed at WR but "inconsistent" hands (that dropped a bunch right between them)

but as far as top talent, Auburn's offense was Cam and almost exclusively Cam.

Who knew Cam at UF?

A: the coach at Miss State, which clearly wanted Cam

What did Cam do after being kicked out of UF?

A: he went to a JC and won the title

and then?

A) he didn't lose for Auburn...

Cam's response to being stuck on UF and "caught cheating" was to go to two different schools and win championships both times. Cam is not a quitter like Jamarcus. Cam has a real NFL arm unlike Vince Young.

Now, for the Bills, the question is... what does Cam look like in the VERY COLD... and to observe that for the first time, we could take him right now to Antarctica for a "Pro Day workout..."

Are you drunk?

Cam Newton Sucks Mississippi swamp rat donkey $%^&!!!

There, the Newton to Buffalo at #3 pick is settled. I hope Denver or Cinci takes him, I would love to see both of these cold weather teams end up with this egotistical maniac.

No matter how one feels about Newton, it is good to read that Nix and Gailey are doing their due dilligence trying to find out about what kind of player and person this kid is.

If it is ok with Gailey (meeting with Newton on Monday) I'm ok with Newton if they select him at #3.