All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newton spoke numerous times in the third person. As informed people know, that's *never* a good sign ...

WOW!!! Then you don't remember Jim Kelly! Early on in his B-Lo career Jim was all about Jim and would talk about himself in the third person. If anyone could dig up some old footage of the Jim Kelly Show on Channel 2... you'd see what I'm talking about. Don't HATE on our new QB before he's even here!

R-Bag... some help please? Stop using your new Putter and get back on the board, yo!

Edited by sesnapapa

Newton spoke numerous times in the third person. As informed people know, that's *never* a good sign ...

We're now reaching a level where not only the hype is ridiculous, but the criticizing, nit-picking, and over-analyzing is going way way overboard.

Uh-oh, he's wearing knee high socks at the combine instead of ankle socks. DONT DRAFT HIM!! :rolleyes:

"At Blinn, coaches raved about the way that Newton spent time with his receivers, helping them to learn to adjust their routes when a blitz is coming, teaching them to recognize hot routes when they see certain coverage's and helping them learn the audibles."

It was a JuCo, so isn't helping someone there one half step above helping a special needs kid sort his crayons? That people take his JuCo in to consideration is a joke.

Unofficial 4.58 40 yard dash time for Cam.

That is way slow. That will drop some stock.

4.58 is not slow for a 250 lb qb

Really?

I get made fun of for talking about my feats, but at 6'2" and 240something lbs. I ran a 4.49...and I was a DE and a OL. Then again, I ran college track.

4.58 is slow. Kaepernick and Locker were both faster, as well as Portis.

Edited by jboyst62

Really?

I get made fun of for talking about my feats, but at 6'2" and 240something lbs. I ran a 4.49...and I was a DE and a OL. Then again, I ran college track.

4.58 is slow.

Dude... Mr Lightning Pants Jake Locker ran a 4.52 and everyone is going nuts about how fast he is.

Taylor posted the fastest QB time at 4.45.

Newton is fast, and more importantly, looked really smooth running.

Edit: LOL you saying Locker was faster... by 0.06 seconds... :rolleyes:

Edited by DrDankenstein

Is mark ingram slow? Cuz he ran the same time and is 30 lbs lighter

I was surprised, but he has football speed. Emmitt Smith ran a 4.6 40 and did just fine, but that is at RB.

Dude... Mr Lightning Pants Jake Locker ran a 4.52 and everyone is going nuts about how fast he is.

Taylor posted the fastest QB time at 4.45.

Newton is fast, and more importantly, looked really smooth running.

Edit: LOL you saying Locker was faster... by 0.06 seconds... :rolleyes:

Oh, hush, I could probably run a 6.4 now on a good day. Locker was faster, it's not like I was wrong. What I really want to see is their shuttle runs.

Now this is impressive. 49 reps at 225. I never did that...yet. Maybe next week?

Edited by jboyst62

WOW was he inaccurate at the combines. OBVIOUSLY accuracy can never be improved to the point where he'll be salvageable. :rolleyes:

Bad mechanics. Bad footwork. Trouble with his 3 and 5 step drops. Balls sailing high.

So you guys want an unpolished, overhyped, self centered, egotistical, inaccurate QB that can't read defenses to be our future QB? :thumbsup:

AND YES I'M BACK !!!!!!!!! :unsure::flirt::nana:

Or he can follow Jim (coke head, woman beating) Kelly, Bruce (cokehead, DUIs) Smith, Cornelius (cokehead, rape accusations) Bennett, and Thurman (Alcoholic, Gambling addiction) Thomas into the Hall of Fame

JIm Kelly-Bruce Smith-Cornelius Bennett-Thurman Thomas ever get kicked out of a college for cheating 3 times on exams? they ever transfer to 3 different colleges in 3 years, they ever buy stolen goods and get caught, any of their dads try and get 200k from a college for their son to sign a letter of intent? the NCAA is still looking into this...

To put some of the best Buffalo Bills players in the same category as "Cash" Newton is really de-meaning to those men, and Bills fans.... well except for Bennett, he did go to jail for sodomizing a girl.

Thurman Thomas on "tweet" (per NFL network) If anyone thinks Newton is better then Fitz, they need to be drug tested

Pin this:

Newton has one season of college ball, and we have the #3 pick. Do I really need to say more? Unreal. :wallbash:

It was discussed a lot on Sirius NFL today. One of the guys ran in to Jim Kelly at the Buffalo airport. He said that Jimbo is not in favor of Newton. Also, that they had a writer on who analyzed the 11 minutes Cam spoke and many are looking at it as a guy who clearly is not on the cusp of understanding etiquitte of NFL behavior. Described as a guy who was not sincere and meaningful in the things he said and that was cause for great concern with the huge entourage he is running with up there. Either way, Cam Newton is looking more and more like he will a project QB but someone will take him in the first.

At least Vince Young looked good in the combine.

They also went on to say that Mallet was doing wonderful in team meetings to their sources, for what it is worth.