Update

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All. I don't feel comfortable giving my opinion of this pick considering the Pats are going first and the potential for trade activity because of the time lapse between rounds. However I don't think it will from this list.

Sorry guys. Enjoy tonight. I will check in later.

Right again :worthy::worthy::worthy:

I know we are all sick of taking DBs high in the draft, but that's what happens when you draft adequate but unspectacular players like Whitner and McKelvin in the top half of the first round.

If they've added an excellent player, we'll all be very happy with the pick in a few years.

CB is the easiest position to fill on a football team...resign Florence n the need isn't as big

I hate this pick

What are you talking about? The vast majority of starting NFL corners are 1st round draft picks.

I guess if i'm looking for a silver lining . . .

I'm glad they went 1) Dareus and 2) this cornerback guy, rather than 1) Peterson and 2) some DL guy.

Still, not happy. You are running a 3-4 defense with about 1.5 linebackers on your roster, so you pick a corner?????

What are you talking about? The vast majority of starting NFL corners are 1st round draft picks.

It's the easiest position to fill because they are always available either in the draft or free agency

How easy is it to get pass rushers, Tight ends or ILB's?

Edited by Max997

It's the easiest position to fill because they are always available either in the draft or free agency

Not for the Bills though. They let DBs LEAVE via FA, not SIGN them via FA. And the draft is probably the cheapest way to get them. You pay an arm n a leg for them during FA.

How easy is it to get pass rushers, Tight ends or ILB's?

Well, there are many TEs available in FA, and I doubt they wanted another OLB. Moats will be a solid to very good player, not to mention they just signed Merriman.

It's also kind of funny that you say its an easy position to fill because they are always available in the draft, but pan the pick when they do just that.

Well, there are many TEs available in FA, and I doubt they wanted another OLB. Moats will be a solid to very good player, not to mention they just signed Merriman.

It's also kind of funny that you say its an easy position to fill because they are always available in the draft, but pan the pick when they do just that.

How many good pass catching TEs are even in the league and which ones are available?

You can draft a CB in the 4th or 5th that can step in and play just as much as Williams probably will. They could have resigned Florence or a similar free agent CB and drafted a different position

You build from the inside out but this team fails to see that. Good teams can solidify their defense by using a high draft pick on CBs. What is a highly drafted CB going to do when a team can't stop the run?

Who is playing ILB next year?

Edited by Max997

How many good pass catching TEs are even in the league and which ones are available?

You can draft a CB in the 4th or 5th that can step in and play just as much as Williams probably will. They could have resigned Florence or a similar free agent CB and drafted a different position

You build from the inside out but this team fails to see that. Good teams can solidify their defense by using a high draft pick on CBs. What is a highly drafted CB going to do when a team can't stop the run?

Who is playing ILB next year?

What are you talking about? A 4th or 5th rounder stepping in and playing just as much? You are really stretching it. The Bills drafted the best DL in the draft at #3, but you want them to commit a major reach and draft an ILB? Name me one that has gone in the 2nd round so far.

I think you would hate being a Pats fan, as they have spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a DB every year since 2007, despite Mike Wright leading their team with 5.5 sacks.

CB is the easiest position to fill on a football team...resign Florence n the need isn't as big

I hate this pick

You're just making stuff up now 'cause you are not happy with the pick. CB is the position that requires the most athleticism to play well and the good ones are VERY hard to find. That's why they're at such a premium.

GO BILLS!!!

What are you talking about? A 4th or 5th rounder stepping in and playing just as much? You are really stretching it. The Bills drafted the best DL in the draft at #3, but you want them to commit a major reach and draft an ILB? Name me one that has gone in the 2nd round so far.

I think you would hate being a Pats fan, as they have spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a DB every year since 2007, despite Mike Wright leading their team with 5.5 sacks.

Williams will most likely be the nickel corner this year, you don't think there will be a corner picked in the 4th or 5th that could be a nickel corner on the bills this year?

I'd hate being a Pats bc they are the Pats

Williams will most likely be the nickel corner this year, you don't think there will be a corner picked in the 4th or 5th that could be a nickel corner on the bills this year?

I'd hate being a Pats bc they are the Pats

Yes, lets plug in a 4th or 5th rounder and have him get burned for 16 games. Great logic.

You're just making stuff up now 'cause you are not happy with the pick. CB is the position that requires the most athleticism to play well and the good ones are VERY hard to find. That's why they're at such a premium.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe you should read my post again. I didn't say easy to play I said easiest to fill simply because they are always available. You don't need to be champ Bailey to be a good CB in the NFL. Drayton Florence was a second tier at best free agent corner and played pretty well for the bills last year

I hate this pick

I thought we established last season that WR was the easiest position to fill?

Seriously Max, tell us what you think of the Williams pick.

Yes, lets plug in a 4th or 5th rounder and have him get burned for 16 games. Great logic.

So because they are 4th or 5th round picks means they would get burned for 16 games?

How did Terrence McGee play his rookie year? What round was he picked in again?

That was just dumb logic!

Edited by Max997