Update

Surely there are all kinds of erroneous reports coming from reporters and inside sources, especially around draft time. And while it is against the law for a doctor to release that information, most of the time it would come from someone inside OBD who was in a meeting where the doctor report was discussed. That person could easily have direct knowledge and give that knowledge to a reporter or friend, etc.

I would not automatically assume the report, as written, was true though. Maybe they are, as NGU said, trying to help the kid out. Maybe it's b.s.. Maybe it's true. I was just asking for a clarification from a great poster here who clearly has a solid source for his info.

It was a fair question KFBD. If McGahee was cleared in some way and drafted anything is possible.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there are all kinds of erroneous reports coming from reporters and inside sources, especially around draft time. And while it is against the law for a doctor to release that information, most of the time it would come from someone inside OBD who was in a meeting where the doctor report was discussed. That person could easily have direct knowledge and give that knowledge to a reporter or friend, etc.

I would not automatically assume the report, as written, was true though. Maybe they are, as NGU said, trying to help the kid out. Maybe it's b.s.. Maybe it's true. I was just asking for a clarification from a great poster here who clearly has a solid source for his info.

Unless the player signs a waiver..NO ONE can discuss his medical without the threat of breaking the law.

Im hoping for a LB...I like Wilson first but wouldnt be disappointed with any of the pass rushing OLB's that are there or DE's that project to OLB in the NFL

Edited by Max997

Unless the player signs a waiver..NO ONE can discuss his medical without the threat of breaking the law.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you were treated by a doctor in NYS without signing the information release form? If the Bills requested the medical and Bowers agreed, I'm nearly certain that he signed the release.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you were treated by a doctor in NYS without signing the information release form? If the Bills requested the medical and Bowers agreed, I'm nearly certain that he signed the release.

I believe that release form just allows passing your records to other providers, not to the general public.

The coaches and scouts can't discuss it in a meeting? They can talk about the report in a room with a door closed but not in the hallway? A defensive captain of the team can't ask his position coach if Bowers has been cleared to play or not, just a yes or no question? I'm not exactly clear where the law starts and stops.

Not that any of this has stopped team employees with direct insider knowledge from mentioning it to their wife. Besides, I have a friend who is a patient of a Bills doctor who gets information all the time. ;)

That release is for shared health information, not public release of information.

I think the bills are in the perfect situation to trade down (not too far) and pick up an extra pick or two and still get a guy they are targeting like Sheard, Kaepernick or an ILB (Sheppard, Wilson, Foster). I'm not saying I agree with any of those picks but I'd rather trade down with a team like the 49ers who want a QB than stay put and take a guy we could get later. (unless they really like Bowers, Reed, or Ayers)

I know the Bills are probably not going to take Mallett but I sure hope he doesn't go to Miami or NE...

That report was BEFORE the re-check that apparently has caused such a stir.

All of the reports that I have read from the re-check indicate that the knee is healing as it should and will be fine. I have read no information about the possible need for micro-fracture surgery. I have only heard that from the talking heads, but the actual reports that I have read say nothing about it. Again they indicate that the knee is healing as it should and is otherwise healthy.

NGU- My wishlist:

1-Brooks Reed

2- Ayers

3 Kyle Rudolph

4- Houston

Any chance I'm happy with our pick?

All. I don't feel comfortable giving my opinion of this pick considering the Pats are going first and the potential for trade activity because of the time lapse between rounds. However I don't think it will from this list.

Sorry guys. Enjoy tonight. I will check in later.

The coaches and scouts can't discuss it in a meeting? They can talk about the report in a room with a door closed but not in the hallway? A defensive captain of the team can't ask his position coach if Bowers has been cleared to play or not, just a yes or no question? I'm not exactly clear where the law starts and stops.

Not that any of this has stopped team employees with direct insider knowledge from mentioning it to their wife. Besides, I have a friend who is a patient of a Bills doctor who gets information all the time. ;)

They can do all of it..but it all violates the HIPAA laws..where the aw starts and stops are the people necessary in providing care; such as doc, doc office staff, payers etc. The docs wife or friend that doc is in violation..cleared to play is OK...exact issue is not.

They can do all of it..but it all violates the HIPAA laws..where the aw starts and stops are the people necessary in providing care; such as doc, doc office staff, payers etc. The docs wife or friend that doc is in violation..cleared to play is OK...exact issue is not.

Cleared to play was the report.

NGU, you're the man. We really appreciate you coming here.

I'm anxious and concerned they've got a cornerback in their sights at 34 - can you talk me off of the ledge??

Coach, I hate to break it to you, but the Bills are a team that needs another CB (unfortunately). Their stable isn't very good, and Florence, who was pretty decent last year, isn't under contract.

Edited by dave mcbride

The report now seems to be incorrect any way. Damn. I guess we should have known when he started dropping.

Looks line NGU was correct, once again, not that he was doubted.

Edited by scribo

All of the reports that I have read from the re-check indicate that the knee is healing as it should and will be fine. I have read no information about the possible need for micro-fracture surgery. I have only heard that from the talking heads, but the actual reports that I have read say nothing about it. Again they indicate that the knee is healing as it should and is otherwise healthy.

If his knee was OK, he would have been drafted. He's that good.

All. I don't feel comfortable giving my opinion of this pick considering the Pats are going first and the potential for trade activity because of the time lapse between rounds. However I don't think it will from this list.

Sorry guys. Enjoy tonight. I will check in later.

Wilson ILB....has to be him