Is there any pick that would be a disaster?

Virgil

As I look at the guys that are all rumored for the top 10, all of them seem to be guys that would give an immediate upgrade for the Bills. Now, the QB position is debatable and I really don't want us to draft Cam Newton. But outside of him, of with him if you are a fan, I find myself very comfortable with our options. Imagine any of the following on our team next year:

Quinn - Upgrade Pass Rush

Dareus - Upgrade DE/DT

Peterson - Shutdown Corner that lets us put more guys in the box

Green - Ridiculous Receiving Core that makes teams drop more guys back

Fairly - Hate this guy, but disruptive up the middle

Miller - Major upgrade at OLB

Newton/Gabbert - If you trust the coaches, then the QB question is answerered (I don't want this. Fitz deserves the full year and is still young)

With this though, I still would love to see us trade back and get whoever of this group is still available. Very deep draft and probably the first year I don't yell at my TV...unless it's Newton

Edited by Derek in Va

Quinn, Newton, Gabbert

With Quinn I just think of the WR Williams that Detroit took out of USC after having a year off and he BUSTED big time. I guess he latched on with Carroll and Seattle this year, but was out of football for a stint prior to that.

Newton and Gabbert are good players and will be fine NFL players but I do not think either of them are going to be a Franchise QB. I think Gabbert is more likely than Newton to be one, but I liken him to a Marc Bulger or Jake Delhomme in their Primes. Newton just scares the crap out of me. I think, based on what I have seen and read about him and his body language, his quotes and his general demeanor, that h e feels entitled and that he won't get after it once in the NFL. I think he'll succeed like Vick did in ATL but he won't ever reach the level that a Top 5 draft pick with his measurables should reach....like Vick in ATL.

Edited by Just Looking

Quinn, Newton, Gabbert

With Quinn I just think of the WR Williams that Detroit took out of USC after having a year off and he BUSTED big time. I guess he latched on with Carroll and Seattle this year, but was out of football for a stint prior to that.

Newton and Gabbert are good players and will be fine NFL players but I do not think either of them are going to be a Franchise QB. I think Gabbert is more likely than Newton to be one, but I liken him to a Marc Bulger or Jake Delhomme in their Primes. Newton just scares the crap out of me. I think, based on what I have seen and read about him and his body language, his quotes and his general demeanor, that h e feels entitled and that he won't get after it once in the NFL. I think he'll succeed like Vick did in ATL but he won't ever reach the level that a Top 5 draft pick with his measurables should reach....like Vick in ATL.

I am with you on Newton. I think he is a disaster waiting to happen. Could he be great? Sure, but I think the odds are very

much against it. Don't be pulled in by the athletic talent as it won't mean a lot for a NFL QB.

I am luke-warm on Gabbert. I like his reported intelligence and work-ethic. I don't like his production, but he didn't play

with a strong supporting cast.

Quinn is a concern due to the reasons that you mention, though I don't think he'll be a huge bust.

Gabbert would be a disaster as he doesn't seem able to see more than ten yards down the field. I'm convinced the only way the bills could actually screw up in the 2011 draft is trading back into the first round for one of the overvalued underwhelming bums at Qb who there will be a rush on at the end of the first.

I think the DB Peterson or the WR Green would be ridiculous choices. Disastrous? Meh. Bills fans have been there before.

I like Gabbert, though, after reading that article about his steel trap brain. I want a QB with a brain. We have had the other kind.

Newton would be a horrible choice, IMO. He has NO experience calling plays, is very far from being NFL ready.

I fear Newton is in love with himself, his past success, and his natural talent. Something tells me he won't do the things you need to do as a pro to be a great quarterback. I contrast that with Tim Tebow, who I think of as a lesser talent, but with the will and desire to do anything necessary to lead his team to victory.

Fairley is big and nasty, but dumb as bricks and not focused. If he can focus on football and commit to working to be the best at his job, he'll be a beast. If he doesn't make football his life, though, he'll be a big disappointment.

I fear Newton is in love with himself, his past success, and his natural talent. Something tells me he won't do the things you need to do as a pro to be a great quarterback. I contrast that with Tim Tebow, who I think of as a lesser talent, but with the will and desire to do anything necessary to lead his team to victory.

Fairley is big and nasty, but dumb as bricks and not focused. If he can focus on football and commit to working to be the best at his job, he'll be a beast. If he doesn't make football his life, though, he'll be a big disappointment.

every report I saw said that Newton was the hardest worker on the Auburn team and that his teammates followed his example. I've seen nothing to make he think he won't put in the work. My concerns with him would be: 1.) the people around him steering him astray 2.) Him being distracted by his desire to be an icon rather than focusing on success in the NFL first 3.) His ability to read NFL defenses.