I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

It just doesn't seem to me like Gus is ever going to change his opinion of Jesse...I think he wants him gone, but he needs Walt still...that said, given that there is now a definite end to the series in sight, Jesse's demise seems inevitable.

Yup. Walt is the character that is "Breaking Bad". Gilligan has said that no one is going to root for this anti-hero by the end. To me this means that things will go horribly wrong for Jesse (our new hero).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i stick by my thought that they took jesse on that road trip to see how valuable he was...he is the grunt/backbone of the actual operation..walt is the brain...course gus' new heavy easily took the reins when walt failed miserably....but we'll see....Jesse & Mike are my favorite characters right now...

Yup. Walt is the character that is "Breaking Bad". Gilligan has said that no one is going to root for this anti-hero by the end. To me this means that things will go horribly wrong for Jesse (our new hero).

Interesting plot twist. It looks like Gus is trying to boost Jesse's confidence in the hopes of stabilizing him. And maybe to sow the seeds of discontent between Walt and Jesse. Thus opening the possibility that Walt is willing to cut his partner loose.

Or maybe...

The relationship between Gus/Mike and Jesse improves dramatically. Opening the possibility for Gus to rethink which cook he wants to keep...

If next season is indeed the last, the only characters that will be left standing are Hank, Marie, Walt Jr, Saul, and Mike

Edited by /dev/null

Interesting plot twist. It looks like Gus is trying to boost Jesse's confidence in the hopes of stabilizing him. And maybe to sow the seeds of discontent between Walt and Jesse. Thus opening the possibility that Walt is willing to cut his partner loose.

Or maybe...

The relationship between Gus/Mike and Jesse improves dramatically. Opening the possibility for Gus to rethink which cook he wants to keep...

If next season is indeed the last, the only characters that will be left standing are Hank, Marie, Walt Jr, Saul, and Mike

What about the baby? :cry:

I don't see Gus ever counting on Jesse to any high degree. He's only there b/c of Walt's package deal. Right now, Gus is trying to foment an argument of who is more important. Gus knows that Walt's most sensitive pressure point is his pride --- and that pressure point for this particular person goes off at the least little touch. Suggest that someone is above Walt, and it, like, chemically changes his being from stable to complete volatility.

Given the swing of things, I would not be surprised if Walt takes out Jesse himself in a cliffhanger season-ender or early-mid S5, then the plot turns to Walt vs. Gus vs. Hank. (To note: I have done NO extra-curricular reading on this show. This is personal speculation.)

Edited by UConn James

Or maybe...

I give Hank a 50/50 shot. He gets personally involved with his investigations, and that's a "live by the sword, die by the sword" type of practice.

Another personal of theory of mine is that Walt Jr. or Holly (ok, maybe they wouldn't go that far) bite the dust, but Skyler lives.

they can't get rid of walt jr. fast enough as far as i am concerned...can't stand that character.... :wallbash:

I give Hank a 50/50 shot. He gets personally involved with his investigations, and that's a "live by the sword, die by the sword" type of practice.

Another personal of theory of mine is that Walt Jr. or Holly (ok, maybe they wouldn't go that far) bite the dust, but Skyler lives.

they can't get rid of walt jr. fast enough as far as i am concerned...can't stand that character.... :wallbash:

I don't think that RJ Mitte does a bad job, it's just that the character is irrelevant and poorly written (he doesn't have to be such a goody two-shoes just because he's disabled). To me, it's one of the only big mistakes the Breaking Bad brain trust made.

Bingo...you nailed it for me... :thumbsup:

I don't think that RJ Mitte does a bad job, it's just that the character is irrelevant and poorly written (he doesn't have to be such a goody two-shoes just because he's disabled). To me, it's one of the only big mistakes the Breaking Bad brain trust made.

I haven't read through this thread, but I watched the first two and a half seasons and right now I'm completely bored of Breaking Bad. Just got done with the episode with the fly in the lab and I just can't find enough interest to go to the next episode.

When is the next season of Sons of Anarchy starting??? CAN'T WAIT!

I haven't read through this thread, but I watched the first two and a half seasons and right now I'm completely bored of Breaking Bad. Just got done with the episode with the fly in the lab and I just can't find enough interest to go to the next episode.

I don't like bottle episodes in any series, so "Fly" definitely wasn't my favorite episode. I'd push through the boredom, though. The premiere of Season 4 is more than worth it.

Try cartoons....they are shorter, and don't require so much mental stamina! :devil:

this show has that affect on people....it was a pretty incredible finale wasn't it? hope you continue with season 4...its been pretty good so far

The final episode of season 3 is, so far, the best episode of any TV program I have ever watched. I was just blown away.

The final episode of season 3 is, so far, the best episode of any TV program I have ever watched. I was just blown away.

I remember being a little disappointed during SoA Season 3. It just seemed a little flat and not as good as the first 2 seasons.

Then came the season 3 finale. Those last 10 minutes or so when everything coalesced :w00t:

The SoA Season 3 finale was :worthy:

this show has that affect on people....it was a pretty incredible finale wasn't it? hope you continue with season 4...its been pretty good so far

It's been pretty good so far????? I thought it didn't start yet? Wait, I think we are crossing shows.

are we talking breaking bad...season 4 is 5 episodes in....dexter hasn't started yet, that may have been confusing, but we have been raving over BB lately...

It's been pretty good so far????? I thought it didn't start yet? Wait, I think we are crossing shows.

Bingo...you nailed it for me... :thumbsup:

Like I said in another thread, the kid doesn't bother me at all...I have an old friend, who I have worked with at two different jobs, who reminds me so much of him. He also has CP, looks a bit like the kid, and, is kind of naive for his age...he has a good sense of humor, likes to joke around a lot, but in a very innocent kind of way...he would never say anything off-color...

I guess you would think he was a goody-two shoes...my friend is now in his late 40's, and honestly, is smart as anyone, but a little naive, and kind of child-like in some ways...I just take it as a kid who grew up with some physical problems, his parents kind of sheltered him a bit...I just don't find Walt Jr all that off...

Like I said in another thread, the kid doesn't bother me at all...I have an old friend, who I have worked with at two different jobs, who reminds me so much of him. He also has CP, looks a bit like the kid, and, is kind of naive for his age...he has a good sense of humor, likes to joke around a lot, but in a very innocent kind of way...he would never say anything off-color...

I guess you would think he was a goody-two shoes...my friend is now in his late 40's, and honestly, is smart as anyone, but a little naive, and kind of child-like in some ways...I just take it as a kid who grew up with some physical problems, his parents kind of sheltered him a bit...I just don't find Walt Jr all that off...

Interesting take. He just doesn't strike me as an organic character, especially on a show that's ostensibly about the darkness of the human spirit.