The birther issue

Peace

It's not mentioned because the Constitution says you have to be naturally born in the US, ie, you must pop out of your mom's womb in the USA. (I think there is a military base exception or something like that but I could be wrong.)

So, this is what you believed before Tom taught you something different?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, this is what you believed before Tom taught you something different?

The facts are the facts and it's kind of childish/irrelevant to argue when somebody knew the facts, no? Somebody taught you that at some point. Somebody taught Tom that at some point.

Glad this issue has be put to bed. :rolleyes:

Right....if you would have had "zero problem" with that, I am sure somebody would find problem with it...like saying he was just campaigning. I can understand Obamas leadership abilities being questioned, I really can...but this is just a silly argument.

I'm really glad you know exactly how I'm going to react to every single situation. That's a great talent you have. Can you give me the lottery numbers for tonight?

No let me ask you a yes or no question. Are you cool with Obama saying he has more important things to do than discuss this silly birth certificate and that DAY goes on a nationally televised show to talk about it?

I now officially have an new favorite website!

Try rense.com, then. Serious nutso retards there Like "Hurricane Andrew was the worst radiological disaster to ever hit the US" nutso. It's where all the kool kids go for the latest MK-Ultra chemtrail news.

'cause, myou know...radioactive hurricanes. !@#$, yeah...

I quoted you.

Keep up the name-calling. It's adding to your argument.

No....you MISquoted me. You took a statement I made and completelty twisted its meaning in order to label me as something Im clearly not (a birther).

Ill be sure to pocket this for when you accuse Fox or Andrew Breitbart of doing same.

Try rense.com, then. Serious nutso retards there Like "Hurricane Andrew was the worst radiological disaster to ever hit the US" nutso. It's where all the kool kids go for the latest MK-Ultra chemtrail news.

'cause, myou know...radioactive hurricanes. !@#$, yeah...

You are full of extreme helpfulness today. I've been looking for a new avatar ever since crayonz started making fun of my hair. Lots of loony reading to do now!

No....you MISquoted me. You took a statement I made and completelty twisted its meaning in order to label me as something Im clearly not (a birther).

Ill be sure to pocket this for when you accuse Fox or Andrew Breitbart of doing same.

I called you a birther? Link me to that.

What I said is that you're both defending birthers and attacking them, instead of just saying they are nuts. And I didn't misquote you. I quoted you.

Now go ahead and name call again. It's your usual MO.

Edited by Peace

I'm really glad you know exactly how I'm going to react to every single situation. That's a great talent you have. Can you give me the lottery numbers for tonight?

No let me ask you a yes or no question. Are you cool with Obama saying he has more important things to do than discuss this silly birth certificate and that DAY goes on a nationally televised show to talk about it?

Actually, I didn't say "you would have a problem" with it, I said "somebody"...there is a distinction. No, I cannot pick the lottery numbers for you, at least not any better than you could.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with Obama discussing the issue on Oprah, even after saying he had better things to do. That is a pretty minor infraction to me,and kind of silly. Just my opinion. I don't think it reflects some great inabiltiy to lead people, or any of that other melo-dramatic BS.

I have more of a problem with him going on "Oprah", period.

You know the best part of this whole "birther" nonsense? I mean, from the bottom of my heart, the absolute BEST part?

While all the dolts are running around yelling about the WH releasing its long form birth certificate, no one is paying attention to this.

Growth slows. Prices rise. Unemployment claims rocket for the second time in three weeks.

But hey everyone...look at the current WH press briefing about a birth certificate. Because few people have their hands firmly on the grasp of what is important today like this embarrassing abortion of an administration.

Oh, wait. Now I remember. They had to do it because some Wall Street freak is running around questioning where he was born.

Jesus. We're getting to the point where this WH's lack of leadership is the least of our problems.

You know the best part of this whole "birther" nonsense? I mean, from the bottom of my heart, the absolute BEST part?

While all the dolts are running around yelling about the WH releasing its long form birth certificate, no one is paying attention to this.

Growth slows. Prices rise. Unemployment claims rocket for the second time in three weeks.

But hey everyone...look at the current WH press briefing about a birth certificate. Because few people have their hands firmly on the grasp of what is important today like this embarrassing abortion of an administration.

Oh, wait. Now I remember. They had to do it because some Wall Street freak is running around questioning where he was born.

Jesus. We're getting to the point where this WH's lack of leadership is the least of our problems.

But I don't think the general public will see this 'we've all got better things to do than worry about a birth certificate ... hey, let's talk about a birth certificate' as a leadership issue.

I think they will see this as more of a reminiscence back to the Clinton years. (By that, I'm referring to the general perception back then of people that 'Clinton's doing a great job and Republicans hate his simply for being Clinton.' Regardless of what reality was.) I think they'll see it as 'these crazy Republicans were all over him to release his birth certificate and now he did and they start picking on him once again.' Because I doubt that the general public sees the distinction between the Republicans and the Tea Party and the 'birthers'.

That's what it looks to me like Obama & his handlers are hoping for / expecting with the way this has (and likely will) play out. This is set up to be able to claim 'no matter what we do, they'll always criticize us, even when we do what they want.' He knows he won't get to pass anything he'd hope to pass from here through the next election. This is all 'do whatever it takes' to win again.

Yeah, there's no leadership there. But that's not even on the radar now. And while those criticizing it as showing a demonstration of no leadership are correct. But it isn't about doing the job, it's about getting the emotional response from the electorate in 19 or so months. One needs to have priorities. And if Republicans are seen as keeping this (non-)issue alive, it WILL work to his advantage.

When did drama queens overtake the Republican/conservative/right? This is all too funny.... :doh:

Yes, this doesn't get any attention at all! :wallbash:

What world do you live in?

Edited by Buftex

When did drama queens overtake the Republican/conservative/right? This is all too funny.... :doh:

Leave him alone, he's enjoying himself. He really seems to thrive on the drama.

Actually, I didn't say "you would have a problem" with it, I said "somebody"...there is a distinction. No, I cannot pick the lottery numbers for you, at least not any better than you could.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with Obama discussing the issue on Oprah, even after saying he had better things to do. That is a pretty minor infraction to me,and kind of silly. Just my opinion. I don't think it reflects some great inabiltiy to lead people, or any of that other melo-dramatic BS.

I have more of a problem with him going on "Oprah", period.

So you have a problem with him going on Oprah but you don't have a problem with him going on Oprah. Ok, I see.....I think.

Let me ask you a question. Would you have a problem with your boss telling you you spend too much time on the internet at work and to stay off the internet at work and then you walk in his office and see him on the internet at work?

You must get a special TV channel that I don't get. All I saw was the president of the United States giving a speech on his birth certificate. Can you send me the transcript where he also addressed high unemployment? Slow economic growth? Skyrocketing unemployment claims. $5/gallon gas?

Oh, wait. He did discuss gas and health care ast week during his campaign stop in California. I believe it went something like "Oil companies are EEEEVILLL!!! Republicans want granny to die and children to starve! Please pass the re-election hat!" :lol:

You must get a special TV channel that I don't get. All I saw was the president of the United States giving a speech on his birth certificate. Can you send me the transcript where he also addressed high unemployment? Slow economic growth? Skyrocketing unemployment claims. $5/gallon gas?

Oh, wait. He did discuss gas and health care ast week during his campaign stop in California. I believe it went something like "Oil companies are EEEEVILLL!!! Republicans want granny to die and children to starve! Please pass the re-election hat!" :lol:

I guess you are stuck in the "can't chew gum and walk at the same time" mode of the previous administration.

I guess you are stuck in the "can't chew gum and walk at the same time" mode of the previous administration.

Well at least the previous administration knew the right battles to pick. This would be like Bush holding a press conference to discuss his cutting wood at Crawford.