This years Toronto game

Hey Hey

you have to be kidding me...i live in the philly area and was planning on making the trip up for that game with some friends of mine

Same here. I live in Manayunk and have some Philly fans that were going looking to go up to the Ralph with us.

Well, the fact is, this is everything the NFL wants in the Toronto game. They get an interesting opponent that people will want to see, yet is still not terrible for the Bills when it comes to competition purposes as it is not an AFC East team.....or AFC team for that matter that would be taken away from a REAL Buffalo home game. If they have to continue with this crap, they might as well keep taking NFC games.

I still say this Toronto thing has to go and go now.....complete garbage.

We definitely need an owner like Pegula to buy this team as son as possible. Just hope the Bills are as blessed as the Sabres are someday and actually get an owner that desperately cares about only winning.

Who cares. Any game they chose someone is going to B word about it. From a competitive standpoint it is good the last 2 years they are keeping it in the NFC. I am kind of glad it is the Eagles. I mean do I really want to see Mike Vick live ripping our slow undersized front 7 a new ahole all afternoon? Let the good people of Toronto enjoy that.

Edited by Gordio

Bills vs. Eagles in Toronto?

Well, this will be VERY interesting given that the Canadian government will not allow Michael Vick, who pleaded guilty to U.S. Federal crimes ("Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture"), to enter Canada due to the nature of his crimes.

Just to be clear - is it the NFL that is deciding to move the best game to Toronto every year? Is there any imput from the Bills or Toronto?

I was also wondering this. I would hope the Bills organization lobbied hard against moving this game to Toronto, but then again, nothing would surprise me after this past decade.

Well, this will be VERY interesting given that the Canadian government will not allow Michael Vick, who pleaded guilty to U.S. Federal crimes ("Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture"), to enter Canada due to the nature of his crimes.

I highly doubt that.

I just read on Pro Football Talk that this years Toronto game is the Eagles. Another year of losing a good interesting game with a draw to Toronto. FYI Game is scheduled for mid November.

November 20th is the date that i heard...

Take a look at the concerts past and future at the ACC and then look up some of the performers records. Not to mention other athletes as well. Money talks...

I highly doubt that.

"Section 19(2)(a.1) of the Immigration Act of Canada states that persons convicted of an offence outside of Canada, that would be an offence under Canadian law, cannot be admitted to Canada. Criminally inadmissable persons can, however, apply for a special permission to enter Canada. This special permission is expressed by a Minister's Permit."

Any person living in the United States who possesses a criminal record and wishes to travel to Canada will need a Ministers Permit. This is valid up to one year. One may also apply for a Rehabilitation. This document is a permanent approval, and allows hassle free border crossing into Canada.

The Canadian Government will look at each application individually. They will consider the following factors:

1) Nature of conviction

2) Date of last conviction

3) Sentencing

4) Reasons for travel

A Ministers Permit may take up to 6 months for processing. A personal interview may be required at the port of entry nearest the applicant's residence.

Rehabilitation allows lifetime access into Canada. This document never needs to be renewed. A Ministers Permit and Rehabilitation does not permit one to work in Canada. These approvals allow visitation for a period up to 6 months at a time.

I just read on Pro Football Talk that this years Toronto game is the Eagles. Another year of losing a good interesting game with a draw to Toronto. FYI Game is scheduled for mid November.

Maybe if we are lucky, they trade Kolb and the Canadiens won't let Michael Vick into their country. We still won't have more fans there then the Eagles do, but it might be a closer game. The 2011 version of Ralph A**f**king the fans of the Bills.

philly.com is reporting that this is not true and the Eagles will not be playing the Bills in Toronto...then they went on to rip the Buffalo area

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/MASTER-Les-Bowen-DN-Eagles-COPY-ME-Blog-Post.html

UPDATING: A league source said this afternoon that the Eagles will not be playing their scheduled Buffalo game in Toronto, as was reported by The Fan 590 radio station today.

So you can stop reading the post now, or continue for historical context. Also, feel free to feel sorry for Philadelphia players, coaches and sports writers who thought they'd dodged a trip to the dreariest town in the NFL, but hadn't.

Oh, well, guess they probably still have bars on Allen Street where we can drown our sorrows. Perhaps the hockley scribes can advise?

Edited by Max997

"Section 19(2)(a.1) of the Immigration Act of Canada states that persons convicted of an offence outside of Canada, that would be an offence under Canadian law, cannot be admitted to Canada. Criminally inadmissable persons can, however, apply for a special permission to enter Canada. This special permission is expressed by a Minister's Permit."

Any person living in the United States who possesses a criminal record and wishes to travel to Canada will need a Ministers Permit. This is valid up to one year. One may also apply for a Rehabilitation. This document is a permanent approval, and allows hassle free border crossing into Canada.

The Canadian Government will look at each application individually. They will consider the following factors:

1) Nature of conviction

2) Date of last conviction

3) Sentencing

4) Reasons for travel

A Ministers Permit may take up to 6 months for processing. A personal interview may be required at the port of entry nearest the applicant's residence.

Rehabilitation allows lifetime access into Canada. This document never needs to be renewed. A Ministers Permit and Rehabilitation does not permit one to work in Canada. These approvals allow visitation for a period up to 6 months at a time.

The NFL has a bunch of lawyers, and Vick has his own legal team working for them. This process will be sped up for the game and he'll be allowed into the country with as much ease as the rest of his teammates.

philly.com is reporting that this is not true and the Eagles will not be playing the Bills in Toronto...then they went on to rip the Buffalo area

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/MASTER-Les-Bowen-DN-Eagles-COPY-ME-Blog-Post.html

UPDATING: A league source said this afternoon that the Eagles will not be playing their scheduled Buffalo game in Toronto, as was reported by The Fan 590 radio station today.

So you can stop reading the post now, or continue for historical context. Also, feel free to feel sorry for Philadelphia players, coaches and sports writers who thought they'd dodged a trip to the dreariest town in the NFL, but hadn't.

Oh, well, guess they probably still have bars on Allen Street where we can drown our sorrows. Perhaps the hockley scribes can advise?

I hate Philly and this godforesaken area.

you have to be kidding me...i live in the philly area and was planning on making the trip up for that game with some friends of mine

It's like a two hour drive from Buffalo. Whether driving or flying, it's not that much different to get up there from Philly.