If we draft a non need please be Peterson

I was just thinking about the draft on the way to work and how the Bills tend to draft players over position... I am not a fan of this but we they do... I would be OK with drafting Peterson in the third... Now if we draft Green I will drop off the roof.

I am from Ga and only miles from UGA... but really who are we going to cut if draft Green? The players that played great last year when RP and LE went down? are we going to cut Easly a third round pick that has not even seen the feild yet?

I know most of you prob agree with me but I just had to post this as I get a sneeking feeling that another Spiller 2.0 pick might be on the way.

Wow, you live near UGA as I do, yet you DON'T want AJ Green? I would rather go with a front 7 D player, but I would not be the slightest bit upset if we drafted Green. This kid is a difference maker from day one. We don't have a receiver with his talent and ability, so it doesn't matter who is the odd man out in order to make room for him.

PRO - peterson is the "safest" pick in the draft.....most likely to be a star in this league five years down the road......with his size and speed, he would make for a pro bowl Strong Safety, if for some reason he struggles at corner.

CON - Bills draft another DB ?.....we need defensive front 7 help.

I was just thinking about the draft on the way to work and how the Bills tend to draft players over position... I am not a fan of this but we they do... I would be OK with drafting Peterson in the third... Now if we draft Green I will drop off the roof.

I am from Ga and only miles from UGA... but really who are we going to cut if draft Green? The players that played great last year when RP and LE went down? are we going to cut Easly a third round pick that has not even seen the feild yet?

I know most of you prob agree with me but I just had to post this as I get a sneeking feeling that another Spiller 2.0 pick might be on the way.

Hate to tell you, but Corner/Safety are needs. Albeit not the biggest, but still needs.

#3 will NOT be Green. Peterson is possible but not high odds to pick. Von Miller or a DT\DE will be the pick if they don't get the QB they want here. So much rides on who goes #1 and #2 that it is impossible to predict.

Green wouldn't upset me, just confuse me, but he wouldn't make sense at #3 either since WR is one of our least needed positions. Spiller made some sense since Marshawn hadn't shown recent production and wasn't happy here and Freddie isn't that young. Don't be surprised if we pick a running back in a later round this year as well.

Peterson and Green are considered needs. Is Evans a #1 WR? No. Green is going to be that guy for many years. Aside from McKelvin, who do we have at CB? Nobody really. McGee is made of glass and Florence is a free agent. WR and CB may not be a glaring need like LB is but it is still a need. Anybody that we draft at #3 regardless of position will fill a need.

Peterson and Green are considered needs. Is Evans a #1 WR? No. Green is going to be that guy for many years. Aside from McKelvin, who do we have at CB? Nobody really. McGee is made of glass and Florence is a free agent. WR and CB may not be a glaring need like LB is but it is still a need. Anybody that we draft at #3 regardless of position will fill a need.

I meant to say CB is a need... but come on we have much more needs at DL and OL... Peterson would indirectly help the line (maybe if maybin has 20 mins to get to the QB he will find time to do it) but man we need someone to directly help that bunch... I agree with Perterson being a good Punter returner adn with RP... CJ and Terrance we don't need a PR...

WR I will not agree is a need... at all... Pretty much every WR we put on the feild last year played for a spot on this team... We are the Buffalo Bills we need to worry about real holes not that Lee is getting up there in age... More that our D line BLOWS and we have no sure tackle.

If we take Peterson I see him starting at S. Id rather see Julio Jones. He isnt as flashy as Green but he is a big physical guy who goes over the middle and blocks well in the run game. I dont see that out of Green. I like Jones more.

Hate to tell you, but Corner/Safety are needs. Albeit not the biggest, but still needs.

What he said.

Unlike many on this board I have realized that this is a complete need of this team.

1. McGee (as much as so many want to believe it's not true) McGee sucks now. His play gets worse and worse every year (been this way since before Greer left) and that when he actually plays. The guy is hurt so damn much it's unbelievable.

2. Florance (who was our best CB last year) is a UDA and most likely will not be resigned.

3. McKelvin was a bad decision when we drafted him. He's undersized and has not even come close to his expected potential. Hate to say bust but he's defenately not as realiable as we wish he was.

So Who are the other CBs on this team that you can rely on if your 3 best are always hurt, or not going to be here. Now I'm not saying you should draft a CB over a DL by any means. But it is just as big a need as DL or OL or LB. The fact is, if we can find a talent at any position that has the possibility of being a future pro bowler the. We NEED to take that player.

And to comment on the OPs point about WR. Same story different chapter. Stevie was great and should be the teams new #1 WR.

I feel as strongly about Lee as I do about McGee at this point. He's undersized, and is the poster boy for one trick pony. If he could do anything but run a deep route in a straight line we wouldn't be having this conversation but that's ALL he can do.

As good as Nelson and Jones were last season there's no guarantee they will add to thier resumes this year. For all we know we've seen thier best.

On to Roscoe. The guy hasn't stayed healthy for a full season since we drafted him. He's 170lbs soaken wet. I weighed that much as a sophmore in high school. This is the NFL my friend. Your gonna get hurt really bad out here. Oh, when he's healthy and doing well we all love him, but man is he ever healthy.

Easley might be our best WR and we don't even know it yet. The guy was phenominal in preseason last year. For all we know he's gonna be really good, but he could be injury prone as well, or he just might not be anything special.

Personally I like our WR core but I will not believe they are something they are not. There is no way to tell right now. And same as I said with CB. If you can get a supreme talent and potential pro bowler on your team why wouldn't you?

On to my final point. Our defensive front 7 might be the strongest position on our team as a complete turnaround from last year for all we know (not by any means saying this is, will, or even might happen) Lets look at it this way.

If we keep Poz, get back a healthy Batten, get back a healthy Merriman, Moats is the real deal like last year. Troupe and Carrington improve to the status they were drafted, Coleman comes back, and all the other DL we have perform to at least where we expect them to, then we have ourselves a much better run defense and a much better pass rush without doing anything. Like I said, i'm not saying it WILL happen for sure but we did address the DL and LB corp last year and in the offseason somewhat by resigning Merriman. IF even 50% of that happens were much better than a year ago. I realize someone could poi t out many things about the Front 7 as I did with CB, and WR. The truth is it's all potential at this point at DL, LB, and WR. My point to start this post was to say that CB is a need and IMO it's one of the biggest needs on this team.

I'm done with my rant. Flame away I don't care. But if we don't get a CB this draft or offseason we will be passed all over like we were run all over last year. You'll see.