Sacramento Kings moving

A very sad day in Sacramento. I moved hear about two and a half years ago, so I do not have the attachment like other people from Sacramento to this team. It has been all over the local news the last couple of weeks and it has been all over on ESPN today.

The sad part about the deal is that the Maloof Brothers(the current owners) are broke. The brothers owe the city of Sacramento over 75 million dollars. They are trying get Anaheim to pick up the tab and then issue bonds to bail them out, it's not because of a better market, but because the Maloof's squandered away their money. Ron Burkle, a multi-billionaire is committed to keeping the Kings in Sacramento but the Maloof's want to keep the Kings and get bailed out again. I feel bad for the fans. Also, can LA and Anaheim support 3 teams.

It happened to the Seattle Supersonics, the Colts and Browns, just hope it never happens in Buffalo.

Anyways, this may have been the last sign off for the Sacramento Kings at Arco Arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIRi52C5FEI&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Pulled Hammies

I feel bad for all those Kings fans that stayed after the game last night and cheered their team, while their owners were already in NYC trying to move the team.

However, it should be known, especially around here, that this is hardly the first time the Kings have moved.

They were originally the ROCHESTER Royals a while ago. And then bounced around to Cincy and KC before settling in Sacramento.

I am not attached to the Kings, but living in Sacramento it's the only pro sport in town.

I have always been a Bills fan and I really don't follow the NBA. I just never seen a city lose a team and the emotion that comes with it. I used to live in Minneapolis and like the Kings, the Vikings are trying to get a new stadium. Like the Vikings, the city of Sacramento and the Kings have been trying to get a new arena for the last ten years.

After the game last night the players went to the locker room only to return to the floor. It was emotional. It is stuff I have never seen before.

As of now, the owners of the Kings do not have votes the among owners to move them.

If they do move, Sacramento will still have the Mountain Lions(UFL) and the River Cats(minor league baseball).

God those young folks that don't know **** about history.

Ron Burkle is the co-owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins wants to buy the Kings and keep them in Sacramento.

Sorry, I'm not that young. I remember Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes with the Baltimore Bullets(my team back then), Lew Alcindor and the Big "O" with the Bucks, Jerry West and Wilt with the Lakers. Not sure if it is in chronological order although. Also I think Nate "Tiny" Archibald was playing for the KC Royals at that time.

Anyways, I grew up in rural South Dakota back in the 70's. We got 3 channels on TV. Not a whole lot of options to know what was going on, but I remember getting to watch the NBA and the NFL, but just NFC games and they were usually the Vikings.

We finally got the channel that carried the AFC without complete "snow" when watching. It was the first time I seen OJ Simpson. Became a Bills fan and have been a fan ever since.

Edited by Pulled Hammies

I feel bad for all those Kings fans that stayed after the game last night and cheered their team, while their owners were already in NYC trying to move the team.

However, it should be known, especially around here, that this is hardly the first time the Kings have moved.

They were originally the ROCHESTER Royals a while ago. And then bounced around to Cincy and KC before settling in Sacramento.

The Kansas City-Omaha Kings to be exact. So, they moved on two cities at the same time!

A very sad day in Sacramento. I moved hear about two and a half years ago, so I do not have the attachment like other people from Sacramento to this team. It has been all over the local news the last couple of weeks and it has been all over on ESPN today.

The sad part about the deal is that the Maloof Brothers(the current owners) are broke. The brothers owe the city of Sacramento over 75 million dollars. They are trying get Anaheim to pick up the tab and then issue bonds to bail them out, it's not because of a better market, but because the Maloof's squandered away their money. Ron Burkle, a multi-billionaire is committed to keeping the Kings in Sacramento but the Maloof's want to keep the Kings and get bailed out again. I feel bad for the fans. Also, can LA and Anaheim support 3 teams.

It happened to the Seattle Supersonics, the Colts and Browns, just hope it never happens in Buffalo.

Anyways, this may have been the last sign off for the Sacramento Kings at Arco Arena.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIRi52C5FEI&feature=player_embedded

How'd the Maloofs lose all their money. I thought they were rich as hell, owning the Palms in Vegas. Did that place go down the tubes?

I realize that sports no longer allow the city to own a team, ie the Packers, but if it were up to me, ALL teams should be owned by the city they play in. Furthermore, teams shouldn't even have the right to use a city's name unless they are owned by the people.

Such a sad day in sports.:angry:

What if a privately owned business decides to move to another city because they feel they could make more money or that new city has better demographics?

Yes, they're free to choose, but I wouldn't buy their laundry nor root for their commercials any more.

I'd sever all emotional ties I ever had with them. That's what.

Yes, they're free to choose, but I wouldn't buy their laundry nor root for their commercials any more.

I'd sever all emotional ties I ever had with them. That's what.

I don't thing they'd expect you too. They left for a reason. I think it's safe to say that even though the Clippers have sucked ass they still probably are making a boatload more money than if they had stayed in Buffalo just on advertising revenue alone. BTW when I used to follow basketball and lived in LA a rooted for the Clippers because they had come from Buffalo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Scenes-from-what-might-be-the-final-Sacramento-K?urn=nba-wp1345

i highly recommend everyone watch this video, read the article and take a peek at the pictures of the last game the city of Sacramento had with the Kings. I pray that this isn't something that we experience.

Sacramento is one of those cities you think doesnt deserve a sports franchise but they proved they will support the team in the past

on another note how does Paul Westphal keep getting head coaching jobs...the guy is terrible, even worse then Flip Saunders