Who was the guy with all the inside info last year?

Sorry all. Did not mean to throw the board into a panic. That is why I like to wait. I will keep you updated. Remember, after all the sufffering last year, having the 3rd overall pick is the one good thing that came out of it. Too many good players to make a mistake here regardless of position.

tell that to your pals that want to take Von Miller . doh! :bag:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn vs. Gholston Miller vs. Vernon Gholston

6'4" vs 6'3" Height 6'3" vs. 6'3" Height

265 vs 260 Weight 246lbs vs 260lbs Weight

4.67 vs 4.58 40yd dash 4.46 vs. 4.58 40yd dash

x.xx vs 1.53 10 yd split x.xx vs 1.53 10 yd split

22 vs 37 225# bench reps 21 vs 37 bench reps @ 225lbs

34" vs 41" vertical 37" vs 41" verticle jump

9'8"" vs 10'5" broad jump 10'6" vs 10'5" broad jump

20 yard shuttle - 4.06 for Miller, 4.40 for Gholston, 4.40 for Quinn

3 Cone Drill - 6.70 for Miller, 7.12 for Gholston, 7.13 for Quinn

10yd drill is indicative of reaction time and explosion, but no OLB is running 10 yards in a straight line especially in terms of pass rushing.

Gholston's poor showings in the 3 cone and Short Shuttle showed a lack of short sharp change of direction skills, a lack of short area quickness and tightness around the midsection that meant he was never really a good "bender" around the corner and struggled to run the arc. I have seen similar from Quinn, and his Shuttle and 3 cone times are eerily similar.

Got some of this info from another message board that what debating the merits of taking Miller high. Essentially, if you're worried about an extremely athletic guy that's tight in their hips a la Gholston, you should worry more about Quinn.

Edited by stony

Sorry all. Did not mean to throw the board into a panic. That is why I like to wait. I will keep you updated. Remember, after all the sufffering last year, having the 3rd overall pick is the one good thing that came out of it. Too many good players to make a mistake here regardless of position.

No worries. This board has been in a panic ever since I joined. It doesn't take much for them to get going.

I will definitely post when I have some solid info for everyone. It is too early, but I know they like Miller and I do know that number of other teams like him alot as well Might be the safest pick. Also, I told you last year that you guys give Kelly way to much credit relative to the information he has access to.

Thanks for taking the time to inform some of the fan base NGU. It's greatly appreciated.

We'll wait to see what your skinny is on the draft when it's time.

1 question though. Do you believe Nix and the boy's have entertained trading down to gather more draft picks?

Thanks again.

As far as Maybin just look at film of the guy and tell me he doesn't look small. If you don't agree then fine we just disagree. I see a player that is small, freakishly fast, but seems to only have one pass rushing move and OFTEN gets pushed yards past the pocket and out of the play.

When you change just one word, it makes what you say entirely scary.

BTW, how did Orakpo look against the run in his pre-draft footage?

The Starting 2011 Defense:

Carrington, Williams, Edwards

Merriman, Poz, Moats, Maybin :devil:

McGee, Whitner, Byrd, Peterson :thumbsup:

You have Moats playing ILB even though Chan already tried and failed with that. And Maybin starting? Seriously?

Thanks for taking the time to inform some of the fan base NGU. It's greatly appreciated.

We'll wait to see what your skinny is on the draft when it's time.

1 question though. Do you believe Nix and the boy's have entertained trading down to gather more draft picks?

Thanks again.

Not yet, too early to actually consider it, but he will. There is not a scout in the world that doesn't want more picks. Especially on a team with this many needs. But I don't think it will happen. Tough to get value.

:lol: That's the best part, NGU!

That mock has Quinn falling to rd 2

Someone is going to fall. It happens every year. He'd find a nice landing at #34 though.

But before getting too excited, it's his first cast.

Gotta check out his last before The Draft.

Famous last words...

You rock NGU, the board will always be in a panic.

What "huge need" does Dareus fill?

You see that stat where the Bills let up 200+ rushing yards in half of their games, and finished dead last in rush defense. That need.

NeverGiveUp any idea on how the Bills feel about Marcel Dareus? I think he's the most versatile and intriguing DL in the draft. Just wanted to throw that out there and see if you had any scoop on the opinions of Dareus.

FWIW, I think he's gone to the Broncos at #2, but if he happens to be there for us........Von or Marcel?

Thanks.

Edited by Estro