A Country of takers not makers

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this board. The usual people complaining about workers, the middle-class and others. The only group of people that is hard working and deserves anything is the wealthy right? HAHA!!

Here's something for you all to bash and say how wrong it is:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/scspi/cgi-bin/facts.php

Then we have the quasi-marxists such as yourself who dismiss any kind of scientific approach to economics and politics in favor of blind adherence to a philosophy you adopted long before you had the knowledge to make an informed assesment of the situation.

Funny how your party of the people has controlled Congress for the last 4 yrs and the WH for the last 2, and economic conditions continue to worsen for the bulk of Americans, yet the richest among us continue to prosper at an increasing rate. But hey, let's rush to defend our team anyway, while simultaneously ripping those who oppose for having a team mentality. HAHA!!

I love this board. The usual people complaining about workers, the middle-class and others. The only group of people that is hard working and deserves anything is the wealthy right? HAHA!!

http://www.stanford....i-bin/facts.php

And this post has exactly what to do with the size of the government? Care to comment on that?

Then we have the quasi-marxists such as yourself who dismiss any kind of scientific approach to economics and politics in favor of blind adherence to a philosophy you adopted long before you had the knowledge to make an informed assesment of the situation.

Funny how your party of the people has controlled Congress for the last 4 yrs and the WH for the last 2, and economic conditions continue to worsen for the bulk of Americans, yet the richest among us continue to prosper at an increasing rate. But hey, let's rush to defend our team anyway, while simultaneously ripping those who oppose for having a team mentality. HAHA!!

I will agree that democrats have screwed up. No doubt. But this attack on the middle-class and union (usually democratic voters) is ridiculous. So I decide not to defend Democrats... I go with team Republican. That means I am ONLY pro CEO and Corporations, not workers, I am against women's rights and I am against the majority of social programs.

I will agree that democrats have screwed up. No doubt. But this attack on the middle-class and union (usually democratic voters) is ridiculous. So I decide not to defend Democrats... I go with team Republican. That means I am ONLY pro CEO and Corporations, not workers, I am against women's rights and I am against the majority of social programs.

I'm glad you've finally seen the light

I'm glad you've finally seen the light

yeah, it comes from that black hole people call a heart. The one thing I will never do is fall into that F everyone except themselves mindset that many Republicans have. Of course they will say that decisions/opinions are being formed to make the country stronger. I wonder who they are making the country stronger for? Obviously not everyone.

yeah, it comes from that black hole people call a heart. The one thing I will never do is fall into that F everyone except themselves mindset that many Republicans have. Of course they will say that decisions/opinions are being formed to make the country stronger. I wonder who they are making the country stronger for? Obviously not everyone.

Ah yes, the old pBills 'my argument has no logic or reason so I'll try the old 'have a heart' trick' :lol:

It's like the fella says, if you're not a lib at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a lib at 40 you have no brain. I wonder how old p is.

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure he has neither since he equates having a 'heart' with not having money.

So, you would propose laws that would make it more difficult for a private enterprise to move its manufacturing wherever it best suits them? Wouldn't it be much better for the government to make changes in its tax structure and regulations so that companies want to be here? How about making it so foreign companies want to locate here?

Seems to me they're relocating for cheap labor, so yes - I would propose laws that would make it more difficult for a private enterprise to move its manufacturing outside of the US.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/scspi/cgi-bin/facts.php

Not the best source for economic facts, but the Stanford Center for the Study of Poverty and Inequality is one of the single biggest generators of irony on the planet...

Seems to me they're relocating for cheap labor, so yes - I would propose laws that would make it more difficult for a private enterprise to move its manufacturing outside of the US.

That sounds too restrictive, and as a result a company can relocate its business elsewhere and these sort of "laws" that would make it more difficult to produce elsewhere would be all for not. What would work better is creating incentives for companies to produce over here. Incentives are much more motivational than punishing measures.

Incentives Incentives Incentives

That sounds too restrictive, and as a result a company can relocate its business elsewhere and these sort of "laws" that would make it more difficult to produce elsewhere would be all for not. What would work better is creating incentives for companies to produce over here. Incentives are much more motivational than punishing measures.

I'm aware that I don't know as much about this stuff as you, but it seems to me that really cheap labor is a pretty good incentive.

75+% American work force or the company is treated as a foreign entity in regards to participating in the American political process.

75+% American work force or the company is treated as a foreign entity in regards to participating in the American political process.

I'm not talking about that.

I'm aware that I don't know as much about this stuff as you, but it seems to me that really cheap labor is a pretty good incentive.

It's tough to overcome the cheap labor obstacle, which is why that there is an even greater need to provide additional incentives for companies to invest here, rather than place additional restrictive measures.

It's tough to overcome the cheap labor obstacle, which is why that there is an even greater need to provide additional incentives for companies to invest here, rather than place additional restrictive measures.

So provide incentives to manufacturing here and selling here as opposed to providing disincentives to manufacturing elsewhere and selling here. Seems like either could provide the same result, but that's picking nits (maybe).

So what incentives would you propose that would actually make a difference? If the goal is to avoid mandating disincentives...

So provide incentives to manufacturing here and selling here as opposed to providing disincentives to manufacturing elsewhere and selling here. Seems like either could provide the same result, but that's picking nits (maybe).

So what incentives would you propose that would actually make a difference? If the goal is to avoid mandating disincentives...

http://www.idaireland.com/why-ireland/tax/

Maybe go to the top of that list?