Toronto deal paying off for Bills

papazoid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the percentage before the game split? My guess is 14.7%

Big Whoop. To this day I have not met a Canadian fan at a Bills game that prefers the games in Toronto. Every one of them says they stink and no one cares or goes. They seem hate it more than we do.

Big Whoop. To this day I have not met a Canadian fan at a Bills game that prefers the games in Toronto. Every one of them says they stink and no one cares or goes. They seem hate it more than we do.

"After three years of that experience, we've had a 44 percent increase in season-ticket holders from Southern Ontario to One Bills Drive," Brandon said.

anyone who's tried to cross any of the bridges into Canada after a Bills game can attest to the fanbase up there (got stuck in it after the Steelers game last year for 3 hours).

The three hour traffic jam was probably because of all the Canadians who are Steeler fans. :D

"After three years of that experience, we've had a 44 percent increase in season-ticket holders from Southern Ontario to One Bills Drive," Brandon said.

This is nothing but good news for the Bills. Once the Bills actually start winning (hell, even being competitive) the fan base is to going to explode! Both in Canada and Buffalo, I'm sure! :D

Why anyone would want this to fail is beyond me...

I'd like to thank you for posting this information. I have seen it before. But I want to just say that hopefully this shuts up those "Buffalo is moving to Toronto!!! omg!!!!" fans. Seriously you guys are morons and don't know anything.

s

I would be one of those people. Live in Toronto but have seasons for the Ralph. The two games, one preason and one regular season cost the same as the entire season ticket package for Bufallo. Way too expensive and the Rogers Centre sucks. I am glad the Bills can add some revenue and if it adds more Bills fans in the GTA, great.

This is the biggest load of crap I've heard. So, Brandon wants me to believe, that, because of the crap game in Toronto, that almost every Bills fan hates (both Candians and Buffalonians), has inspired more fans to come to Buffalo? For what reason? They were awed by the crap that takes place in Rogers Centre? I'm calling BS. That's why he won't give numbers.

Total load of bull. How many people really believe the crap in Toronto inspired new fans to become season ticket holders? If they have taken in a game in Buffalo, yeah, I can see it. But inspired from the game in Toronto.......yeah right.

"At Ralph Wilson Stadium on any given Sunday, close to 15 percent of your fan base is from Rochester, and 15 percent of your fan base is from Southern Ontario," Brandon said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article379741.ece

Buffalo Bills = 4th Largest market in North America !

TO didn't give us much but coining us North America's Team was genius, Now we need to live up to it.

All about the money, Thone.

Embrace the southern ontario and toronto market.....it is the key to keeping the bills in buffalo.

Relax big guy, we aren't kicking em out we just don't like our games going up there.

The two games, one preason and one regular season cost the same as the entire season ticket package for Bufallo.

What?! that's friggin outrageous! Can't blame ya for not wanting to go there.

What would have been smarter in my opinion, is selling some advertising and luxury suites to all these Toronto based businesses that may do business either in the states, or have a large client base in the Canadian viewing area. But that was probably too hard, and would have exposed Russ Brand-Boob as the fraud that he is. Instead, he chose to rob WNY of 1 out of ONLY 8 home games the area gets each year. Thanks Russ for the punch to the back of the head...

What would have been smarter in my opinion, is selling some advertising and luxury suites to all these Toronto based businesses that may do business either in the states, or have a large client base in the Canadian viewing area. But that was probably too hard, and would have exposed Russ Brand-Boob as the fraud that he is. Instead, he chose to rob WNY of 1 out of ONLY 8 home games the area gets each year. Thanks Russ for the punch to the back of the head...

expect the next deal with toronto to include TWO regular season games.......especially if the league cuts preseason games and/or increases regular season games to 18.

expect the next deal with toronto to include TWO regular season games.......especially if the league cuts preseason games and/or increases regular season games to 18.

There is no 18 game season on the horizon.

Not sure why Rogers would agree to that sucker's deal again.

So the increase in Canadians at the Ralph is due to a couple of crappy games in front of a sedate crowd partially filling the Skydome? I doubt that.

There is no 18 game season on the horizon.

Not sure why Rogers would agree to that sucker's deal again.

So the increase in Canadians at the Ralph is due to a couple of crappy games in front of a sedate crowd partially filling the Skydome? I doubt that.

#1- even Bill Polian says 18 games is "fait accompli"....it's going to happen , it's just a matter of when..... as soon as the players get their revenue cut, retired health insurance, less OTA's, another bye week, increased roster size, etc....

#2- not only will Rogers do the deal again...i look for the next deal to double to 10 years and increase to 2 regular season games (the pre-season game will probably be eliminated).

#3- the increase in canadians at the Ralph is due to Marketing and advertising the best game in sports. the crowd in Toronto at the Rogers Centre will gradually become more Pro-Buffalo once we get into a winning cycle. as far as ticket prices go, the Maple Leafs charge considerably more than the Sabres and yet Leaf tix are tough to come by.

#4- there is one significant down side to this arrangement. home teams enjoy a significant competitive advantage with crowd noise that forces the away team into mistakes. it will take some time before the Rogers Centre crowd equals the Ralph.

If Toronto is such a success, why all the empty seats?

#1- defacto, each game is a sellout....the bills have all the money in their pockets.

#2- defacto, each game is a sellout....no blackout.

#3- any season ticket holder will tell you that there are lots of empty seats for all December games at the Raplh.

#4- you do bring up a valid point tho....actual attendance in Toronto is a concern. the game is new, ticket prices are very high, the bills are a losing team.....all correctable.

Don't you think that selling luxury suites is the goal of this whole thing? Of course it's difficult, if it wasn't all of the suites at the Ralph would be sold to businesses and our financial issues wouldn't be as dire.

First they need to build a large fan base in the area so that ratings are high enough for Canadian companies to justify spending on sponsorships at the Ralph. Once that happens they'll have a much greater pull with businesses from Toronto to Buffalo...

I get it everyone, it sucks that we lost a home game but Buffalo's business economy can't support the Bills on their own. Embrace the concept of a "regional market" cause it's coming (if it isn't already here). Doesn't mean the Bills will leave Buffalo, but it does mean they're going to have to be open to doing business in a different way than the past.