Dareus a "Tier 4" player

I don't get this. According to their system, a QB could go first overall and spend a year on the bench (a la Carson Palmer), but he wouldn't be a very good tier player because he won't make an immediate impact?

thats roughly why i said its more of a categorization than a ranking system. the groupings headers make sense, the numbers attached are silly. expectations for development timelines at different positions are vastly varied, for one issue.

So what does everyone do when the Bills select Julio Jones at #3 -- with AJ Green on the board, no less?

I've always thought that Jones was better than Green honestly. I may be the only one that thinks that but whatever, I'd still be pissed if we drafted either of them. Not cause they are bad but because we have half a DL, half an OL, no LB core, and no TE.

So what does everyone do when the Bills select Julio Jones at #3 -- with AJ Green on the board, no less?

After following them both very closely for the last 3 years, I would not be upset. Theyre about equal in my book, with Jones being the more physical receiver. I see Jones as the TO to Green's Moss, but both without the attitudes (for now). You cant go wrong either way.

I've always thought that Jones was better than Green honestly. I may be the only one that thinks that but whatever, I'd still be pissed if we drafted either of them. Not cause they are bad but because we have half a DL, half an OL, no LB core, and no TE.

Agreed with this post the whole way through.

Interesting -- 2 wide receivers at Tier 1. it may be the position with the most potential to bust out. Many highly ranked wideouts don't make it. Makes me wonder about these rankings.

I'd puke. Not because it's Jones over green, but because it's a wideout.

Interesting -- 2 wide receivers at Tier 1. it may be the position with the most potential to bust out. Many highly ranked wideouts don't make it. Makes me wonder about these rankings.

I'd puke. Not because it's Jones over green, but because it's a wideout.

Its just one man's opinion pawned off as a rigorous system.

Yes, because the word of Wes Bunting is the football gospel. :rolleyes:

This thing that I like and find interesting about this guy's "big board" is that he's completely off the map with regards to all the other draft experts' seemingly consensus opinions. Example Danny Watkins is listed as #14 and Marcell Dareus is listed at #15...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/scouting_department.html

I think this is what the real NFL teams draft boards look like. There are some guys that the experts have high that the teams don't, and vise versa.

This thing that I like and find interesting about this guy's "big board" is that he's completely off the map with regards to all the other draft experts' seemingly consensus opinions. Example Danny Watkins is listed as #14 and Marcell Dareus is listed at #15...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/scouting_department.html

I think this is what the real NFL teams draft boards look like. There are some guys that the experts have high that the teams don't, and vise versa.

I would still say that I'd go with his tiers as categories, not rankings.

That's to say I think a qb that sits a year and a guard that has to sit a year are radically different and are grouped together here. Doing an intersection of NFL ready vs. Potential impact vs risk is valid, but not a true big board ranking.

A great cut in how one should judge players which admits to far more nuance in selection that is realistic.

However, some fairly odd and questionable individual judgments.

I would love it if a lot of folks used this as a common template for judging as the best way to get good information would be to see a lot of people using a more refined template.

List loses all credibility when it claims TWO wide receivers will become "one of the premier players at his position" as a rookie. Rookie WR's rarely are that great their first year.

Exactly...Not to mention one of them had the dropsies in college (Jones)

Edited by Alphadawg7