How Long Before The Nuclear Power Plant Situation..

Dante

"Weapons-grade plutonium". "Earthquake didn't hit the plant." !@#$ing priceless. :lol:

This is sort of off topic but the discussion got me thinking. I know that nobody wants to sell weapons grade plutonium to the Mormons or else BOOOOOOOM!!!!! But what if they got their own?????

I'm not a science guy like you but I'm a little nervous that instead of buying plutonium they might just send a probe to Pluto and bring some back. Can we even stop that?

Also: I know there is not a planet called Urania so I am guessing it is a language barrier thing and that Uranium comes from Uranus. Can you confirm/deny?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus they don't last as long as most of the lens caps are stolen and used as pucks.

That's the funniest thing you've said in a while! Very nice. :lol:

Well he is bald which could be from poorly aimed dental x-rays.

I totally am, but I blame the Bills, not dental x-rays.

This is sort of off topic but the discussion got me thinking. I know that nobody wants to sell weapons grade plutonium to the Mormons or else BOOOOOOOM!!!!! But what if they got their own?????

I'm not a science guy like you but I'm a little nervous that instead of buying plutonium they might just send a probe to Pluto and bring some back. Can we even stop that?

Also: I know there is not a planet called Urania so I am guessing it is a language barrier thing and that Uranium comes from Uranus. Can you confirm/deny?

Is he at Disneyworld or Disneyland?

When I first read this I thought you almost sounded reasonable, but after looking into exactly what happened I have to ask you if you are insane? We don't even know where this is going yet, now we know they have been using weapons grade plutonium and that those cells might have already melted down? And don't forget--or just know--the earthquake didn't hit the plant, it just cut its power off, and the generators only had eight hours of back up. :blink:

And as a matter of fact the worst earthquake and Tusmni are good benchmarks for this because we have to be prepared for things like this happening. Should we aim even lower? What if its a friggin terror attack? That could never happen!! I'm no "anti-nuke" environmentalist, I'm just seeing this for what it is, a real f-up. You pro nuclear at any cost nut jobs are wacked. And I love your comment about how clean nuclear is. Can we store the spent fuel in your basement?

Yes, it sucks - natural disasters of this magnitude usually do. I'm not going to get hung up on it, but I'm not sure what you're talking about with the weapons-grade plutonium or what that has to do with anything. It's not like terrorists are going to storm the reactors and steal the fuel. As best as I can tell, the generators were swamped and destroyed by the tsunami and it seems like the Japanese should have had accounted for that one. That's on them for placing the plants where they did and some poor design decisions it seems, which is honestly surprising. Let's hope they do a better job at containing the aftermath.

Spent fuel rods can be stored safely. The advantage to storing them is that future reactor designs should be able to use this fuel, making nuclear energy even more efficient, with even less waste. Engineers are hard at work designing such reactors as we speak. I'm certainly not a "pro-nuclear at any cost" kind of guy, I just understand what an incredibly efficient, low-polluting form of energy it is. It is extremely environmentally friendly compared to coal, for instance. Nuclear energy does not do away with the need for solar or wind power either, just as solar and wind do not do away with the need for nuclear. I personally think that we need to get away from dependence on fossil fuels as soon as humanly possible, not that that is some profound statement. Nuclear is a huge piece of proven technology that will help us toward that goal.

Now, aside from Chernobyl, ask yourself what devastating nuclear accidents can you name since first controlled, self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction was started in 1942? Three Mile Island, despite all the press it got, does not count (if you do some research).

Xenu, that's so dumb. It was a !@#$ing EARTHQUAKE.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

You guys act like it's still the 70s and there's some big leftie assault on nuclar power.

What must be understood on the PPP board is that each individual konservative whack-job here has their own peculiar niche. For Labills it is the despised ACORN, for Potsie it is guns and ammo, for Chef Jimbo it is "I must kill the queen...I must kill the queen oops I mean Pelosi", for Master of the Universe Gecko it is Big Bidness which has all the answers and can do no wrong unless regulation rears it's ugly head. DC Tommy boy? Nothing roils the Tomster more than the non-existent environmental movement which he sees as far more ultra violent than any teabagger or militia group. Predictably enough he has yet to back this up with any proof whatsoever. As matter of fact the extent of Tom's environmental suss in regard to the nuclear catastrophe in Japan can be summed up with one song:

What must be understood on the PPP board is that each individual konservative whack-job here has their own peculiar niche. For Labills it is the despised ACORN, for Potsie it is guns and ammo, for Chef Jimbo it is "I must kill the queen...I must kill the queen oops I mean Pelosi", for Master of the Universe Gecko it is Big Bidness which has all the answers and can do no wrong unless regulation rears it's ugly head. DC Tommy boy? Nothing roils the Tomster more than the non-existent environmental movement which he sees as far more ultra violent than any teabagger or militia group. Predictably enough he has yet to back this up with any proof whatsoever. As matter of fact the extent of Tom's environmental suss in regard to the nuclear catastrophe in Japan can be summed up with one song:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ybfsxip8KEM&feature=fvst

Someone has a boner for Tom

At least my mission's been accomplished.

At least my mission's been accomplished.

Your mission? What about mine? ACORN these days is nothing more than a distant memory in the rear view mirror of every progressive who hoped to get a tax break while importing under-aged sex slaves.

Now that's what I call Mission Accomplished!

Not quite..try vice versa. Every once in awhile I have to chime in when his inane logorrhea becomes too much. But hey, if all of you want to follow the pied piper who am I to stand in your way.

Tom's not an evil pied piper he's a lovable benign piper with a heart of gold who is just misunderstood.

Not quite..try vice versa. Every once in awhile I have to chime in when his inane logorrhea becomes too much. But hey, if all of you want to follow the pied piper who am I to stand in your way.

Could you be any more full of yourself? :lol: