Wisconsin Union Bashing Bill Passes

I'm sorry Obama asked COUNTLESS times for a Republican plan. Have they ever submitted one or were they to bust spouting off about Death Panels?

Remember we need to pass it to find out what's in it. We're talking about the Dems pushing through the "health care" bill just as you're talking about the Reps pushing through this bill. Which is worse and why?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean those people who elected a Republican majority in both houses and a Republican governor? Those people? Or, some other people? To which people do you refer?

Based on what history? Sorry, casting a vote and debating is a lot more in line with doing what the Founding fathers wanted...than hiding out in another state. (The only hiding they did was from British soldiers, go ahead and compare that to this... :lol::sick: ) Also, how is hiding out not an example of "doing anything to get your way". :lol: Only an unmitigated moron draws your conclusions. But, we already established that in the other thread, didn't we?

Why is it Walker's fault for acting on the agenda he was elected to implement? Elections have consequences, and so does the abusing and corruption of the political process. You are pissed that finally, somebody punched back, and we all know the pain from this has just begun. Be honest: that's what this is about. You couldn't care less about those teachers. Somebody finally punched the bully in the mouth, and now you are telling us we should feel sorry for the bully? Spare us.

Also, I shed no tears for those 1,500 sets of union dues that will no longer be piped to politicians who will gladly trade it for votes.

The abuse of power was exactly = the abuse of the office by the Democrats who are hiding. Something had to give.

You lost. Deal with it.

Yeah don't shed tears for people losing their jobs. Nice. By the way, the Gov did not run on eliminating Collective Bargaining during the election. Did not mention that even ONCE. Your statements just prove how stupid you are to not understand this is an attack on the middle-class. And if you disagree, why didn't the Gov agree to talk with Democrats, instead taking what he thought was the Koch Brothers? Coincidence... I think not. Republicans don't give two craps about the Middle-Class.

Edited by pBills

I'm sorry Obama asked COUNTLESS times for a Republican plan. Have they ever submitted one or were they to bust spouting off about Death Panels?

He got one from Ryan on multiple occasions. Ryan put a serious, reasonable plan in front of him in answer to his request, and surprise, the campaigners, because we can't call them governing-oriented people can we?, completely ignored him.

Why? Because Ryan has a better than average chance to be President some day, and the White house political office doesn't want to give him any credibility. So, yeah, it was 100% about politics. That, and, the one time Obama was in the same room publicly with Ryan, Ryan whipped him, soundly.

So, spare us the emoting. Obama wants no part of another Ryan beating. He knows that if he is ever on any kind of stage with Ryan again, he loses, hard....

....and that's why he keeps asking for plans from Republicans, and then ignoring the ones he gets.

Yeah don't shed tears for people losing their jobs. Nice. By the way, the Gov did not run on eliminating Collective Bargaining during the election. Did not mention that even ONCE. Your statements just prove how stupid you are to not understand this is an attack on the middle-class. And if you disagree, why didn't the Gov agree to talk with Democrats, instead taking what he thought was the Koch Brothers? Coincidence... I think not. Republicans don't give two craps about the Middle-Class.

No they ran on eliminating the deficit. Best way to do that is to cut spending. Best way to cut spending is to cut labor and benefits. Life sucks sometimes but tough choices have to be made. Do you shed a tear when big corporations lay non-union, non-government people off to help the bottom line? I doubt it.

Oh so they should stay there so that Republicans could just push through this horrible Bill without their opinion? At least those 14 Democrats were listening to the will of the people, wanting true democracy... A chance for discussions, a chance to talk. Not given or offered by the Republicans.

Kinda hard to have a discussion when you're hiding in another state, no? If you don't show up for the debate, you shouldn't cry when you lose it.

But it's real cute how you are concerned with listening carefully to all sides of an argument. I remember you saying the exact same thing when Obama & Nancy were rammed through the disastrous health-care bill.

You don't shed any tears either, so stop lying.

Yes, I am so sure that he went the entire campaign, and at no time mentioned that the state was in trouble due to years of undue influence exerted by the state worker unions. :lol: You are free to research every public statement/debate, interview, press release and prove me wrong.

Otherwise, you don't get to posit a un-proven negative(he never mentioned it once) as an argument.

I consider this to be an abuse of power because coming from the party that throughout the last election cycle said they will follow the will of the people just used a nuclear option in order to NOT discuss the bill. Going against the majority of people in their state. They just proved that this was NOT about fiscal issues it was about their want to union bust.

Good luck Republicans, you just pissed off and gave even more motivation to a sleeping Labor Movement. Bunch of two faced liars.

And by the way, 72% of Americans believe in the Labor Movement and Collective Bargaining. Oh wait, Republicans will wait for those Koch Brothers phone calls.

The majority of the state I live in voted for Walker. There's some loud people in Madison protesting, but to say that's the majority of the people in the state is ridiculous. There's a tremendous amount of support for what Walker's doing.

I'm not quite sure why the republicans didn't wait 24 hours before passing this... But they were told they could, so hey.

By the way, the Gov did not run on eliminating Collective Bargaining during the election. Did not mention that even ONCE. Your statements just prove how stupid you are to not understand this is an attack on the middle-class. And if you disagree, why didn't the Gov agree to talk with Democrats, instead taking what he thought was the Koch Brothers? Coincidence... I think not. Republicans don't give two craps about the Middle-Class.

Dude, Walker and the Republicans have been in constant contact with the Dems that are hiding out of state. They claim he hasn't, but the Milwaukee paper filed the equivalent of a freedom of information act and were given many emails that show there were major negotiations going on. The dems response when that came out? "Those weren't negotiations, they were merely discussions." :wallbash:

I don't remember if Walker specifically mentioned collective bargaining during the election, but everyone in the state knew what he was going to do. My neighbor is a teacher, and my in-laws are professors, and they both saw the writing on the wall when he was running and said this was what he was going for. If they could see it, don't you think the people who voted for him did too?

No they ran on eliminating the deficit. Best way to do that is to cut spending. Best way to cut spending is to cut labor and benefits. Life sucks sometimes but tough choices have to be made. Do you shed a tear when big corporations lay non-union, non-government people off to help the bottom line? I doubt it.

Actually I don't like it when anyone loses their job. Union or non-union. Let me guess you only care about the non-union people? Who cares about those union families right? Who cares if they lose their homes? Right? Yet people had to protect that "top talent" on Wall Street. They had to protect their contracts and huge bonuses. Hypocrites.

Fact of the matter is that these Republicans even broke their own "open meetings law". I love how people continue to support this kind of action.

Also, you say this was about the budget. How come it's so easy for people to overlook the fact that the public service employees already gave concessions. This was not about the budget, if was about union busting.

Edited by pBills

They did, actually. It was reported...albiet not very widely, given the rampant obsession with getting the "If we don't pass our health care bill, we're all gonna die!" message out.

Has anyone actually READ the bill, or are you all just spouting off from the media coverage of the protests?

Actually I don't like it when anyone loses their job. Union or non-union. Fact of the matter is that these Republicans even broke their own "open meetings law". I love how people continue to support this kind of action.

Also, you say this was about the budget. How come it's so easy for people to overlook the fact that the public service employees already gave concessions. This was not about the budget, if was about union busting.

So the unions have been busted in Wisconsin? Cool. :thumbsup:

Oh yah! I just heard middle school sports and music has been cut from the local school budget, along with ten cops and a fire house! A victory for America! Tea party trash to hold celebratory rally!

They did, actually. It was reported...albiet not very widely, given the rampant obsession with getting the "If we don't pass our health care bill, we're all gonna die!" message out.

Has anyone actually READ the bill, or are you all just spouting off from the media coverage of the protests?

You partisans are pathetic

Oh yah! I just heard middle school sports and music has been cut from the local school budget, along with ten cops and a fire house! A victory for America! Tea party trash to hold celebratory rally!

You partisans are pathetic

Hey dumbass, no one is happy when someone loses a job, but in case you haven't been paying attention Wisconsin is broke!!!!

Edited by Gary M

Please provide verifiable evidence of this qoute and how it relates to the loss of collective bargaining rights in WI. Can you?

Hey dumbass, no one is happy when someone loses a job, but in case you haven't been paying attention Wisconsin is broke!!!!

I'm sorry, I was wrong. The government is broke and we should all accept a tax cut to raise revenue.

Remember how tax cuts were going to create a f'n free market paradise? The trash believed this stuff, add in banking deregulation and here we are. My neighbors kid can't play soccer now

Now you have pukes like DCTom actually arguing that the people were just as much responsible for the housing crash as the people WHO SHOULD BE IN JAIL for their selling away the toxic mortgages they negotiated to dupes who had no idea the bankers were cheating them

Actually I don't like it when anyone loses their job. Union or non-union. Let me guess you only care about the non-union people? Who cares about those union families right? Who cares if they lose their homes? Right? Yet people had to protect that "top talent" on Wall Street. They had to protect their contracts and huge bonuses. Hypocrites.

Fact of the matter is that these Republicans even broke their own "open meetings law". I love how people continue to support this kind of action.

No one has to lose their job if they simply take away the ability of the union scum to extort exorbitant pensions.

Boy, you know the union whining is getting bad when you have to run to the 'Wall Street' argument again. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I was wrong. The government is broke and we should all accept a tax cut to raise revenue.

Remember how tax cuts were going to create a f'n free market paradise? The trash believed this stuff, add in banking deregulation and here we are. My neighbors kid can't play soccer now

Now you have pukes like DCTom actually arguing that the people were just as much responsible for the housing crash as the people WHO SHOULD BE IN JAIL for their selling away the toxic mortgages they negotiated to dupes who had no idea the bankers were cheating them

Your neighbhor's kid plays soccer in Wisconsin? But lives in Norfolk? Or, is there a Norfolk, Wisconsin?

Also, it would be fair to say, that the middle class, who are mostly conservative/independent, are also "trash"? Fun how liberals claim to love and defend the middle class, yet, whenever the middle class dares to think for itself, instantly they are: trash. :rolleyes:

The mortgages were FORCED on the mortgage industry by BIG GOVERNMENT LIBERALS WHO WANTED TO PUT PEOPLE IN HOUSES THAT COULDN'T AFFORD THEM. So, while you are hauling people off to jail, make sure you bring Barney Frank, Chris Todd, Jimmy Carter, and Ted Kennedy's corpse as well.

Only a fool or a phony would try to pretend that liberals aren't just as responsible for the mortgage mess as bankers.

This is a perfect example of the 2 biggest reasons why government regulations, and regulators, fail.

1. When regulations are based on political contrivance, rather than what is best for the industry and the consumers in that industry...EPIC FAIL. Instead of making sure the mortgage industry didn't take advantage of the consumer, which would be a perfectly fine task, the assclown liberal agenda sought to allow the consumer to take advantage of the industry.

2. When regulators are simply completely outclassed, or outstretched, by their corporate counterparts. The SEC has been a running joke on Wall Street forever. Most of the time the people who can't get a job as a trader/investment banker, end up at the SEC. The absolute WORST thing that could happen would be to ask the SEC to try and do more. That's like asking 5 of 5'5", 150 lb. who are supposed to be the offensive line, to do MORE pass blocking, against an NFL front 7.

All the talent is on the Wall Street side of the ball, and you can't legislate their brains away. Oh, and by the way, firms routinely plant their people in the SEC, in order to keep track of what they are looking at. The "revolving door" means the SEC has no chance of catching anybody by surprise. Time to end your hubris Dave, and accept that your government "team" will get its ass kicked trying to take on Wall Street head on, every single time. No amount of your pissant indignation is going to make the SEC employees suddenly grow more brains. It ain't happening.

Instead, accept that you and your government pals are the "small school" and focus on what you can do.

Edited by OCinBuffalo