Supreme Court won't hear 'Spygate'

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What they did was criminal, and I am really angry that D Bag Goodell didn’t do more about it. He destroyed the evidence and tried to save face for the Patsies and the NFL. I understand he tried to “save the integirty of the game” ( I mean imagine if they admitted that all 3 SBs were cheats and not valid, which they are/were, but its different if the NFL confirms it) but I don’t think letting the franchise off with a slap on the wrists is the way to go either. I would have liked to see Bellich banned from the NFL for 5 years and an 2 entire years worth of draft picks (rounds1-7 in 2 consecutive years) taken away - based off of the NCAA ban of no scholarships for 2 years. If they did that then I bet McDanials wouldn’t have been doing the same thing just a couple years later.

I also think the Lawyer went the wrong way in suing the Patsies and not the NFL. Its teh NFL that passed games off as legit competition, not the Patsies.

Edited by Thoner7

I don't think that case ever had any merit at all.

And it is an insult to even bring a case about something as insignificant as !@#$ing football to the supreme court.

If King Roger wasn't going to do anything about it (which he didn't), it really is up to the other owners to force him to.

But the owners care about very little other than money and punishment of the guilty was not going to bring them more of that so why bother.

Besides, who knows what other unethical things are being done by all of the teams that might be exposed if the Pats were severely punished and decided to drag the league through the mud. King Roger probably did the right thing and minimized the damage.

Edited by CodeMonkey

the league response was such an entire farce

the biggest nfl cheating scandal in at least the last twenty plus years if not ever and they fine them and take away a single draft pick

not titles stripped

no asterisks

its only sports but still it was a horrendous indictment on american culture to just let that thing pass without severe and lasting consequences

the most amazing this is that most people dont even care. they act like it was a minor thing and continue to treat that organization like its special. all that matters is that they won, to hell with how they did it. and make no mistake, it was a huuuge advantage for them while they were getting away with it. just huge

i can honestly say if that was my team i would boycott them until they purged all those involved. theres absolutely no way i would have just rolled my eyes and continued to support them. no. way

and yet, do most people, even non-cheater fans, care at all? no

i cant help but think it really shows how far our culture has fallen in terms of character

I don't think that case ever had any merit at all.

And it is an insult to even bring a case about something as insignificant as !@#$ing football to the supreme court.

If King Roger wasn't going to do anything about it (which he didn't), it really is up to the other owners to force him to.

But the owners care about very little other than money and punishment of the guilty was not going to bring them more of that so why bother.

Besides, who knows what other unethical things are being done by all of the teams that might be exposed if the Pats were severely punished and decided to drag the league through the mud. King Roger probably did the right thing and minimized the damage.

Exactly.

i can honestly say if that was my team i would boycott them until they purged all those involved. theres absolutely no way i would have just rolled my eyes and continued to support them. no. way

Hmmm. If it were the Bills in the middle of this I wonder how many people here, or Bills fans in general, would do the same.

Precious few I suspect.

What they did was criminal, and I am really angry that D Bag Goodell didnt do more about it. He destroyed the evidence and tried to save face for the Patsies and the NFL. I understand he tried to save the integirty of the game ( I mean imagine if they admitted that all 3 SBs were cheats and not valid, which they are/were, but its different if the NFL confirms it) but I dont think letting the franchise off with a slap on the wrists is the way to go either. I would have liked to see Bellich banned from the NFL for 5 years and an 2 entire years worth of draft picks (rounds1-7 in 2 consecutive years) taken away - based off of the NCAA ban of no scholarships for 2 years. If they did that then I bet McDanials wouldnt have been doing the same thing just a couple years later.

The reality is that the Pats win because they have a well run organization and a good team. The Bills lose because they have a poorly run organization and a talent lacking team. If you think that the reason the Pats have had the best record in the league for the past decade is due to cheating then you are fooling yourself.

The Pats were punished by the league. They lost a first round pick and they paid a hefty fine. That was a reasonable punishment. Your suggestion that the HC should be banned for 5 years and the team lose two years worth of draft picks is simply lunatic talk.

If you want to do something constructive with your over the top outrage then direct it at an organization that can't for almost a generation get itself into the playoffs in a system designed for paritiy. That is the real outrage!

I also think the Lawyer went the wrong way in suing the Patsies and not the NFL. Its teh NFL that passed games off as legit competition, not the Patsies.

The fact that this trivial matter got taken into the legal system is the major offense here. If there was a chargeable offense it was that this frivolous matter was even taken to court.

Edited by JohnC

not titles stripped

no asterisks

I can't believe the NFL isn't stripping titles!!! Look how much respect the NCAA gets when they do that!

its only sports but still it was a horrendous indictment on american culture to just let that thing pass without severe and lasting consequences

:lol: :lol:

Are you taking over for crayonz?

Oh sweet, another embarrassing thread by bitter, sour-grapes Bills fans. Get over it. They have been the better franchise for the last 10 years. It makes you look bitter and small to claim cheat whenever someone puts it in your mouth.

For those claiming that this was no big deal, go find the NYT article that quotes several unnamed members of the NFL Competition Committee who said that there was really only one team that they got complaints about shady dealings on over and over again--any guess as to which team it was? Folks have suspected them of a lot more than Spygate, and Spygate itself proves that they were certainly willing to push that ethical envelope. Personally, for reasons discussed on this board ad nauseum over the years, I suspect that they were guilty of far more than just Spygate, but perhaps that's just me....

Personally, for reasons discussed on this board ad nauseum over the years, I suspect that they were guilty of far more than just Spygate, but perhaps that's just me....

They were guilty in having an enlightened owner who invested in his front office and coaching staff. Compare that to the backward owner of the Bills and the short-sighted way he has run his franchise.

This childish whining coming from the fans of a consistently losing team about a franchise that is a consistently winning franchise is in itself very embarrassing to witness. Go out and earn your own success and stop looking for excuses as to why another team wins so much.

Edited by JohnC

They were guilty in having an enlightened owner who invested in his front office and coaching staff. Compare that to the backward owner of the Bills and the short-sighted way he has run his franchise.

This childish whining coming from the fans of a consistently losing team about a franchise that is a consistently winning franchise is in itself very embarrassing to witness. Go out and earn your own success and stop looking for excuses as to why another team wins so much.

That's all well and good, except we're not the only fans complaining about it.

What they did was criminal, and I am really angry that D Bag Goodell didn’t do more about it. He destroyed the evidence and tried to save face for the Patsies and the NFL. I understand he tried to “save the integirty of the game” ( I mean imagine if they admitted that all 3 SBs were cheats and not valid, which they are/were, but its different if the NFL confirms it) but I don’t think letting the franchise off with a slap on the wrists is the way to go either.

So what exactly is the criminal aspect in Spygate? Is there a law on our books that actually applies? There is a reason why the case never saw the light of day.

The reality is that the Pats win because they have a well run organization and a good team. The Bills lose because they have a poorly run organization and a talent lacking team. If you think that the reason the Pats have had the best record in the league for the past decade is due to cheating then you are fooling yourself.

The Pats were punished by the league. They lost a first round pick and they paid a hefty fine. That was a reasonable punishment. Your suggestion that the HC should be banned for 5 years and the team lose two years worth of draft picks is simply lunatic talk.

If you want to do something constructive with your over the top outrage then direct it at an organization that can't for almost a generation get itself into the playoffs in a system designed for paritiy. That is the real outrage!

What do the Bills have to do with the fact that the Patriots got caught cheating?