Just got to love the strategy being used..

So we have a Governor that won't listen to the people in Wisconsin.

And in Ohio, where more rights of union workers were attacked. Republicans pulled a Senator because they weren't sure of his vote. Wow, doing ANYTHING to hammer through their beliefs. Even if the majority of the voters in their state disagree with them. By the way, they passed the anti-union bill by one vote.

Now, State Sen. Bill Seitz from Cincinnati who was yanked from the committee, is speaking out. He told ThinkProgress in a telephone interview that he believes the bill goes too far. He said his abrupt removal sends a bad signal to Ohio workers concerned about their own future. He said he told State Senate President Tom Niehaus, the person who yanked Seitz off the committee:

I’m not sure it looks real good, particularly in the context of a management rights bill, to have you exercise management rights over your own roommate, friend, and fellow party member. Because if that’s what can happen to a sitting state senator, what’s going to happen to you if you’re a nervous firefighter, teacher, or policeman — what’s going to happen to you if this bill passes?

Seitz said he supports the right of state employees to collectively bargain, but reforms are needed — and SB 5 overreaches.

I don’t think you need to so totally eviscerate collective bargaining to achieve those results. And I say that informed by an employer’s perspective of labor law.

Most objectionable for Seitz is the bill’s replacement of a binding arbitration process with one that greatly favors management over employees.

Disgusting on all accounts. I hope to god that these jokers are voted out of office as soon as possible.

So we have a Governor that won't listen to the people in Wisconsin.

Ohhh. So, when the Democrats in Congress rammed through ObamaCare despite many polls showing ~70 percent disapproval and even true-blue Massachusetts electors voting in Scott Brown so he would be the "41st vote against ObamaCare".... you know, that was different.

That shoe doesn't feel so good now that it's on the left foot, huh? Maybe if you guys hadn't mashed it on the right foot....

But even then, the idea that this is about retribution is crap. How does the state deficit go down, and ensure that this situation doesn't happen again in 6 years after Gov. Tex N. Spend is elected and restores all wages and gilds the gold-plated benefits with another layer, just to make up? Walker is trying to cure the disease of what's gotten that state (and many others) in the mess it's in. Pretending like the $3B deficit will just magically go away in 2013 and then won't ever happen again is an Old Mother Goose story.

And in Ohio, where more rights of union workers were attacked. Republicans pulled a Senator because they weren't sure of his vote. Wow, doing ANYTHING to hammer through their beliefs. Even if the majority of the voters in their state disagree with them. By the way, they passed the anti-union bill by one vote.

Disgusting on all accounts. I hope to god that these jokers are voted out of office as soon as possible.

Wait... so, does that mean that the bill didn't pass? How many votes does a bill need beyond the minimum so everyone can feel good about it's electoral cushion? Maybe that counts in a social issue vote, but this is a fiscal issue where there's not enough in the checking account to pay the bills. Nobody said getting back into balance was going to be easy, but that's what these governors and legislatures were elected to try to do.

Yes, it's disgusting on many counts that 2 state legislatures' Democrats have now fled to Illinois so they can shirk their voting duties. Given that many --- especially Independents --- are now seeing firsthand the childish actions of these Democrats, you may just be surprised who's voted out of office in the next go-round.

Edited by UConn James

All we've heard for the last two years is "We won, you lost," and "Elections have consequences" and "To the back of the bus with you."

When conservatives were yelling about all the spending, all we heard was "Where was your outrage when Bush was spending like a drunk sailor?"

So the back of the bus is fine until it's your team's turn to sit there? And where was your outrage when Obamacare was being passed like a softball-sized gallstone through the intestines of DC?

Suddenly those arguments seem pretty stupid, no?

All we've heard for the last two years is "We won, you lost," and "Elections have consequences" and "To the back of the bus with you."

When conservatives were yelling about all the spending, all we heard was "Where was your outrage when Bush was spending like a drunk sailor?"

So the back of the bus is fine until it's your team's turn to sit there? And where was your outrage when Obamacare was being passed like a softball-sized gallstone through the intestines of DC?

Suddenly those arguments seem pretty stupid, no?

Well, not to connor Hogboy Mickey beauxsox elegantelliot DaBigMan BishopHedd pBills.

Sorry, had to get the aliases straight there. He's got so many to keep track of. Different posters, same schtick. One after another, once each gets banned, he's got another warming the bench.

With regard to the ObamaCare... Who is being hypocritical here and who is acting tit-for-tat? It seems the Repubs are the ones acting in the hypocritical or tit-for-tat way. Just because the Dems did something questionable, it doesn't mean the other side should, can, or gets a free-pass for acting the same way.

The sad thing of all this is... The see-saw will just keep on swinging more and more wildly until everything is knocked off kilter.

Well, not to connor Hogboy Mickey beauxsox elegantelliot DaBigMan BishopHedd pBills.

Sorry, had to get the aliases straight there. He's got so many to keep track of. Different posters, same schtick. One after another, once each gets banned, he's got another warming the bench.

I am trying hard not to attack "the person" when I post. You should really do the same. Banned? What are people doing to get banned? What am I? The Don Strock of the board? :nana:

With regard to the ObamaCare... Who is being hypocritical here and who is acting tit-for-tat? It seems the Repubs are the ones acting in the hypocritical or tit-for-tat way. Just because the Dems did something questionable, it doesn't mean the other side should, can, or gets a free-pass for acting the same way.

The sad thing of all this is... The see-saw will just keep on swinging more and more wildly until everything is knocked off kilter.

No one should be talking about the wrongness/hypocrisy of just one side. That's the point.

No one should be talking about the wrongness/hypocrisy of just one side. That's the point.

Fair enough. But... That hypocrisy has started somewhere and needs to stop somewhere else. Here it needs to stop in the Repubs' court. They won't let it, so let the tit-4-tat game carry on and watch who can make the other out to be the bigger rat.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am trying hard not to attack "the person" when I post. You should really do the same. Banned? What are people doing to get banned? What am I? The Don Strock of the board? :nana:

Calling a truce is only possible when there's a reasonable expectation that the other side will stop attacking / being inveterate pricks whenever they hold an edge on power. With the whole 51-49 see-saw that this country is stuck in --- at the national, state and even local levels (and hell, much of the world appears to be in this situation as well), if it keeps going this way, I fear that's right. People are just going to keep getting more and more angry when one or other of the sides uses a razor mandate to pass highly ideological/costly legislation. Are we ever going to have a govt that has a broader consensus? I don't think so. This polarity seems to be the symptom of complexity that evolution produces / what chaos theory naturally brings about.

That wasn't nearly an ad hom attack. That was the observation that there appears on this board a string of posters, who one at a time, espouse very similar viewpoints. And after getting banned for real ad hom verbal blowouts, crusading, etc. or just after getting totally owned in argument, another one pops up out of the woodwork until it does the same and the process is repeated under different guises. I'd wager that a number of these and other aliases have the same IP address, if it's possible to track that... TBD has a wide-open registration system; all you need to do to create 500 aliases is to start 500 email addresses at hotmail or yahoo. Like the ones in Wisconsin and Indiana, this person's biggest trait is turning tail and running, then slinking back under the cover of darkness. May fool some people here, not me.

Calling a truce is only possible when there's a reasonable expectation that the other side will stop attacking / being inveterate pricks whenever they hold an edge on power. With the whole 51-49 see-saw that this country is stuck in --- at the national, state and even local levels (and hell, much of the world appears to be in this situation as well), if it keeps going this way, I fear that's right. People are just going to keep getting more and more angry when one or other of the sides uses a razor mandate to pass highly ideological/costly legislation. Are we ever going to have a govt that has a broader consensus? I don't think so. This polarity seems to be the symptom of complexity that evolution produces / what chaos theory naturally brings about.

That wasn't nearly an ad hom attack. That was the observation that there appears on this board a string of posters, who one at a time, espouse very similar viewpoints. And after getting banned for real ad hom verbal blowouts, crusading, etc. or just after getting totally owned in argument, another one pops up out of the woodwork until it does the same and the process is repeated under different guises. I'd wager that a number of these and other aliases have the same IP address, if it's possible to track that... TBD has a wide-open registration system; all you need to do to create 500 aliases is to start 500 email addresses at hotmail or yahoo. Like the ones in Wisconsin and Indiana, this person's biggest trait is turning tail and running, then slinking back under the cover of darkness. May fool some people here, not me.

Good post... But who really cares?

I have two registrations... The other is Thamus... I got banned one time many years ago (a few weeks) for allegedly "slandering" a perspective prez candidate...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/opinion/07krugman.html?_r=1&hp

This is a really interesting op-ed. Forget the political slant and read about what is going on in jobs and read the artice he is referencing. Very interesting. More proof that if the government doesn't make jobs there simply will be no jobs. That Social Darwinist view held by many of the willfully ignorant just doesn't fit this paradige--as if it fits any.

This is a really interesting op-ed. Forget the political slant and read about what is going on in jobs and read the artice he is referencing. Very interesting. More proof that if the government doesn't make jobs there simply will be no jobs. That Social Darwinist view held by many of the willfully ignorant just doesn't fit this paradige--as if it fits any.

:lol: The only thing stupider than Krugman's "Computers are taking over jobs, so we need to invest less in education and more in unions and health care" argument is your argument that HIS argument makes the government responsible for job creation. Changing labor markets? That can't happen...it's the government's responsibility to protect the status quo!

Nice article, Paul. You're like Charlie Sheen, but with a Nobel Prize.

You need to do a little better.

Your trolling is getting more and more obvious.

Go back and read some of Connor's work to see some better examples.