Bills Defense

peanuts

This year the Bills could possible find two very good def. line players whom could make imediate impact. Our run game last year was terrible to say the least. The Bills may grab a QB with the 3rd pick if not they need to get Dareus and round 2 grab another def. lineman. I have heard a enough well were going to move to the 3-4 thats crap.. Last season we played the 3-4 and flipped back to the 4-3 when it's needed. We need to have a versitally in our DL people that can play both ideaologies of defense. It's still about blocking and tackling..During the DJ era our Def. Front was small and easily overpowered. Two stud players along with Kyle William would be a help. This thought alos allows our Linebacking core to finally do its job. Whatever we play the 3-4 only works in you have great linebackers (ie Pittsburg). A few years ago we missed out on BJ Raji draft before we even picked. Maybin was a luxury pick over grabbing the Orakpo beast..I would trade ( if possible)down with dallas and draft Phil Tayor and then grab Muhammad wilkerson in the second....Just a thought..Build the off/def. it works for Philadelphia whom have been in the playoffs quite a bit over the last 11 years, skilled position players are everywhere..

This thought alos allows our Linebacking core to finally do its job.

1) What linebacking core (corps)?

2) You're not concerned about NT (If Kyle Williams remains the Bills starter at NT, you'll see the same result as last season against the run.)

I think Dareus/Fairley is the only way to go in the 1st. The 2nd should be a starting T like Sherrod, Carimi, or Ijelana, whoever is there. If we dont go that way Heyward, paea, or Clayborne should be available in the 2nd. I doubt Wilkerson or Taylor lasts that long.

1 and 2 could very likely be the two DEs Nix wants to add, or so he says.

We need to improve the front 7. If we grab 2 front 7 guys with our 1st 2 picks, one of them better be a LB. Inside or outside, idc. Drafting 2 DL when me mostly plan on playing a 3-4 is just stupid IMO. We have Williams and we drafted troupe and carrington in the 2nd and 3rd last year. I expect both of them to improve on their rookie season. We also have Edwards and maybe Johnson. Using our 1st 2 picks would be overkill, especially since we don't have 1 good LB on our roster. Poz is a FA, Moats has potentia, but is unproven and merriman is....no one knows. We need to add at least 1 starting caliber LB.

We need to improve the front 7. If we grab 2 front 7 guys with our 1st 2 picks, one of them better be a LB. Inside or outside, idc. Drafting 2 DL when me mostly plan on playing a 3-4 is just stupid IMO. We have Williams and we drafted troupe and carrington in the 2nd and 3rd last year. I expect both of them to improve on their rookie season. We also have Edwards and maybe Johnson. Using our 1st 2 picks would be overkill, especially since we don't have 1 good LB on our roster. Poz is a FA, Moats has potentia, but is unproven and merriman is....no one knows. We need to add at least 1 starting caliber LB.

Agreed....although there are some intriguing prospects that will likely be around in the 2nd round, there is no need to draft a NT this year. We would be better served, IMO, drafting the best 3-4 defensive end with the #3 pick, and then the best linebacker with pick #34. I really hope Martez Wilson lasts that long.

The other option would be to draft the best OT available in round two, and then draft a guy like Kelvin Sheppard in round 3.

Agreed....although there are some intriguing prospects that will likely be around in the 2nd round, there is no need to draft a NT this year. We would be better served, IMO, drafting the best 3-4 defensive end with the #3 pick, and then the best linebacker with pick #34. I really hope Martez Wilson lasts that long.

The other option would be to draft the best OT available in round two, and then draft a guy like Kelvin Sheppard in round 3.

Sounds good to me. Although I could see us shocking tsw and taking a CB in round 2. If we lose Florence, adding a cb that can play will be a priority as well. Although, I'd if we're gonna take a cb, I'd prefer it to be in the first round 1. Peterson is gonna be a big play guy and prince is a stud as well. The depth in the front 7 is better than cb. Grrrr, this draft really has me baffled. The only 2 positions that Im sure we won't be drafting at #3 are RB and OL. I could see DL (Dareus, fairley, bowers, jordan), LB (miller or Quinn), db (Peterson or prince), qb (cam or gabbert) or wr (green). Most years it's between 1-3 positions. Usually between 3-4 players, this year seems like there's 10 players we're deciding between. I know it's VERY unlikely, but this would be the best year to trade down with. Especially of we traded down with a team in the top 10 or so. Having 3 picks in the top 45 would be huge for this team. Imagine having Quinn/Jordan/Watt/Aldon smith/kerriga/Gabbert/Prince then adding 2 of these guys (Houston, wilson, heyward, austin, carimi, cannon, mallet, kaepernick, locker, Taylor, Ballard, Paea, etc. I know I know, we're probably not gonna be able to find someone that wants to give up a 2nd round pick to move up a few picks, but one can dream can't he?

Sounds good to me. Although I could see us shocking tsw and taking a CB in round 2. If we lose Florence, adding a cb that can play will be a priority as well. Although, I'd if we're gonna take a cb, I'd prefer it to be in the first round 1. Peterson is gonna be a big play guy and prince is a stud as well. The depth in the front 7 is better than cb. Grrrr, this draft really has me baffled. The only 2 positions that Im sure we won't be drafting at #3 are RB and OL. I could see DL (Dareus, fairley, bowers, jordan), LB (miller or Quinn), db (Peterson or prince), qb (cam or gabbert) or wr (green). Most years it's between 1-3 positions. Usually between 3-4 players, this year seems like there's 10 players we're deciding between. I know it's VERY unlikely, but this would be the best year to trade down with. Especially of we traded down with a team in the top 10 or so. Having 3 picks in the top 45 would be huge for this team. Imagine having Quinn/Jordan/Watt/Aldon smith/kerriga/Gabbert/Prince then adding 2 of these guys (Houston, wilson, heyward, austin, carimi, cannon, mallet, kaepernick, locker, Taylor, Ballard, Paea, etc. I know I know, we're probably not gonna be able to find someone that wants to give up a 2nd round pick to move up a few picks, but one can dream can't he?

It all depends on how the first 2 picks play out. If Gabbert makes it past Carolina and Denver, I have a sneaking suspicion that Buddy and Co. will get a phone call from Bruce Allen. Patrick Peterson is another player, if he last to #3, that I could see teams wanting to trade up for (possibly San Fran?).

In the first 2 Rds. I would like to see us take a DL (1st) and a Qb (2nd). In the 3rd we could take a multitude of positions. I suggested a power RB who could compliment Spiller and be a future replacement for Jackson in a earlier post that was not recieved well. I believe that we could find good talent at the LB position in the middle Rds. but I wouldn't be against it in the 3rd if it were a beast.