Yet another thread on draft thoughts, scenarios

Hate Quinn at 3. Kaepernick is a reach at the top of the 2nd, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Overall, I'd be pretty disappointed if this is how our draft turns out. Quinn was supposed to light up the combine, but was very bleh. His production came against inferior competition. I think he's an overrated player. Just my opinion though.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate Quinn at 3. Kaepernick is a reach at the top of the 2nd, though it wouldn't surprise me.

Overall, I'd be pretty disappointed if this is how our draft turns out. Quinn was supposed to light up the combine, but was very bleh. His production came against inferior competition. I think he's an overrated player. Just my opinion though.

I agree. I would prefer Von Miller at #3 if we decide to go LB that early and I hope we don't go QB in rounds 2 or 3. If we do go QB, I hope it's in round 1 or in round 6 or later.

I also thought he would have a better combine showing but I disagree his production is against inferior competition. In 2009 he abused Costanzo and the rest of the ACC. On tape he looks like the real deal to me, only time will tell.

Right now sitting here thinking about the draft in April I've come to a conclusion, our defense has been really bad for years!

1. No pressure on opposing teams QB's. It's a joke when Brady has 20 seconds to complete a pass.

2. Our LB's seem slow not the most gifted athlete's on the field. Maybe there is hope with Moats?

3. DT's .....we only have one decent one so far and that would be Kyle Williams. The jury is still out on last years pick Troupe.

3. CB's were pretty good in years past but all of a sudden with lingering injuries to McGee and others that not the case anymore. We could use another shut down CB in this years draft. I know that wouldn't be the most popular pick with our #3 but it may make lots of sense in building this D. From what I understand this Patrick Peterson kid is a real stud.

If I were Buddy Nix and Chan going into this draft I would load up on defensive players. My first 4-5 picks would be defense and I would see who falls to me after that. Let's ride the Fitzpatrick wagon next year and repair our broken defense. It would be nice to see our defense be competitive once again!

Buddy and Chan, please fix our defense. We need an infusion of talent and this years draft is a great place to start.

Round 1 / Pick 3: NT Marcell Dareus - We signed Merriman back for a reason and that is so we don't have to use our first pick on Von Miller. A better pass rush = better coverage which is also why we won't take Patrick Peterson here. I highly doubt this is Cam Newton but my whole draft would be f'ed up if we took Gabbert here.

Round 2 / Pick 34: QB Colin Kaepernick - A mobile QB for Gailey to work with. This pick could also be Ryan Mallett.

Round 3 / Pick 68: TE Luke Stocker - A blocking/pass catching TE that will help the offense gain another weapon.

Round 4 / Pick 99: ILB Casey Matthews - Hopefully this is Clay's duplicate!

Round 4 / Pick 121: OT Marcus Gilbert

Round 5 / Pick 130: CB DeMarcus Van Dyke

Round 6 / Pick 164: DE/OLB Cheta Ozougwu

Round 7 / Pick 194: G Justin Boren

Edited by Frostbelt City

do you think matthews will last that long? I think he's gone in the 2nd on "name" alone! He could be gone end of round 1 top 10 of round 2....

I'm torn as to what to do for a mock....on one hand is it harder to find a franchise QB in the draft or is it harder to find a franchise DT?

I like Cam Newton, but I do think Mallet or Kaepernick will do well too! So...im all for best DT in the draft!

but in the end we got soo many needs...

I also forgot to add....

the Bills should be some what more active in the FA market, they really could turn the corner with a few solid FA's and a solid draft.

I love this time of the year. My laptop took a dump so I'm doing this from my IPhone but I wanted some input from others on these draft selections for the Bills. Thanks.

1st rd #3-North Carolina DE/OLB Robert Quinn

2nd rd #34- Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

3rd rd #68- Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel

4th rd #99- N.C. State ILB Nate Irving

4th rd #121- Stanford DT Sione Fua

5th rd #130- Citadel CB Cortez Allen

Thoughts?

If the Bills don't draft Newton in the first (thinking he's a franchise QB), then they should just absolutely forget about trying to find their "franchise" QB of the future in this draft. Newton looks like the only one who has the chance to be.

Kaepernick will take years before he could reach Fitzpatrick's level of play today. So to me, that's just throwing away a second round pick that could be used for a very good to great starting OG, DT, LB, OT.

Again, the third round is probably better used for one of the other four positions I mentioned.

If you're looking for a good QB prospect that fits Gailey's offensive style, then look at picking Tyrod Taylor somewhere in the fourth.

Casey Matthews in the 4th?

That makes about 974 mock drafts on this site all agreeing with that pick. I think we should just write Goodell to tell him that he can save time at the draft by giving us Matthews and having us give up our 4a pick. With so many mocks having the pick, how is it even possible that anything else can happen?

I love this time of the year. My laptop took a dump so I'm doing this from my IPhone but I wanted some input from others on these draft selections for the Bills. Thanks.

1st rd #3-North Carolina DE/OLB Robert Quinn

2nd rd #34- Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

3rd rd #68- Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel

4th rd #99- N.C. State ILB Nate Irving

4th rd #121- Stanford DT Sione Fua

5th rd #130- Citadel CB Cortez Allen

Thoughts?

Rounds 3 and beyond are pretty hard to predict as there are so many surprise slips and players taken surprisingly high once you get the first 2 rounds done. But as far as your first 2 picks go, I would be quite pleased with Quinn and Kaepernick 1 and 2.

Quinn, Bowers, Fairley, Dareus all will make me happy from a defensive stand point, and there are things I like and dislike about each, so neither one of them is really an over whelming favorite in my book. That being said Quinn is probably my least fav or the 4 because he comes with more risk, but not by an overwhelming amount. I would also be ok with Gabbert or Newton at 3, but since Ponder, Mallet, Locker, and Kaepernick could be available in the 2nd and I see as much potential and risk in them as I do Gabbert and Newton, I would prefer D first, QB second. If we go QB at 3, then would like to see D front 7 in the 2nd of course.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Casey Matthews in the 4th?

That makes about 974 mock drafts on this site all agreeing with that pick. I think we should just write Goodell to tell him that he can save time at the draft by giving us Matthews and having us give up our 4a pick. With so many mocks having the pick, how is it even possible that anything else can happen?

I think this makes the 974th time you've made this statement also..lol

edite: I just noticed I left my 1st 4th round pick empty...maybe I should put Casey Mathews there...what you think?..lol

BTW...I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Von miller was being compared to Clay Mathews, so to the OP...if you want Clay you want Von...I guess

Edited by Tsaikotic

Unless Mallet is there in the 2nd, I say going QB with that pick is a waste of time. There will a developmental QB worth drafting in the 3rd or 4th. I like the Dareus pick, and I full agree with your logic, but I think it's necessary to come back in the 2nd and draft the best LB available (Martez Wilson if he's still there). I like the Luke Stocker and Marcus Gilbert picks. I'm not really a big fan of the Casey Matthews pick. From what I saw this season, he really tends to get blown up by blockers in the run game...also plays out of control at times.