CBA discussions

major

From what i'm catching from some of the articles i've read is that owners like Jerry Jones , Daniel Snyder , & Robert Kraft don't want to share .

They believe that because they win more than small market teams that they shouldn't have to share as far as the revenue sharing goes . They want to change it so they get a bigger slice of the pie in comparison to say the Bills or Green Bay .

I am so glad that the Packers won this year to show that small market teams can be viable in this league , but that still doesn't change the fact that because these owners don't care about nothing but there ego & their personal legacy will ultimately (IMHO) hurt the league in the long run & turn it more into a baseball type business .

Of which i could give a rats a** about any more !!!!

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is not about OJ. :)

If the CBA does expire, I am assuming that means no more random drug screening for NFL players. With no monitoring to stop them (or at least keep them on lower, more easily hid steroid juicing cycles), I am thinking a a good percentage of players will be hitting the steroids hard. Watch for players who come into camp, after the new CBA is agreed upon, whose muscle weight has jumped significantly compared to last years playing weight. This will really benefit the players rehabbing after a injury/surgery, they will be able to rebuild their strength much more quickly. Think of our long list of players on IR or players that have had serious injuries (Wood, Merriman)and maybe a little juice will benefit the Bills.

They arent using the old school steroids anymore anyway. HGH and designer cocktails are the big thing. They arent picked up in the screening and the league knows it. It really is just a charade to keep everyone off their backs.

Employers may drug test as a condition of employment. All teams will do it. PLayers will either test or not play.

During a lock out, they are not employees. Thats the whole point of this thread.

If the CBA expires this Friday, teams are not allowed to have ANY contact with players. Drug testing would be included in "contact". I cant say that is a certainty on how it works, but it makes sense and is the premise of this thread.

OP makes a good point. The players may end up with a month of so to do whatever they want before having to mask it.

Plus one. Funny thing is, it was the "supergeniuses" Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones who brought us the last CBA that the owners just blew up. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing a lock out/work stoppage and missed games just to see how guys like that cover the debt service on their new stadia without that TV contract cash flow Doty just took away from them in what was probably the easiest judicial decision the guy ever had to make. Come on, if you have a good faith duty to maximize revenue for the players and you write in a clause giving you a refund-free war chest for yourself in the event of a work stoppage (and presumably had to give up some up front player-shared cash to do so, since nothing is for free in negotiations), how in the heck can you argue that was good faith with a straight face?? People wonder why the owners seem to lose every major joust in the courts, but look no further than moves like that to show who is or is not acting in good faith and bear that in mind in choosing your sides here....

What the Jerry Jones, Dan Snyders, and Bob Kraft's of the world's are forgetting is that the current revenue sharing system, which makes every team competitive and in turn the NFL Product so popular is what makes their franchises worth so much. If the NFL was like MLB where only 6 or 8 teams are competitive the game would be much less popular, the television money would be cut in half and their franchises would not be worth anything near a billion dollars like they are today. They think that because the Yankees can do it, they can do it.

Edited by ACor58

Poor Jerruh. He had no debt service on the Cowboys for a good decade-plus, but like those who got caught in the housing bubble burst, his greed got the better of him. Well with over half the league being "lower revenue" teams, and with what happened last time, he'll likely end up getting the shaft one way or another.

The 3 greedy bastards will ruin it for all (Jones -Kraft -Snyder). How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is enough Jerry Jones you greedy F&%king !@#$?!

That question should be asked right now not just of those 3, but of all owners and players alike as they bicker over how to divide 9.3 billion dollars per year.

The 3 greedy bastards will ruin it for all (Jones -Kraft -Snyder). How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is enough Jerry Jones you greedy F&%king !@#$?!

could not agree more! how greedy can these S O B'S be! the league is what it is due to the foresight of the original AFL' owners and later brought to great heights by pete rozelle. the league grew because of the revenue sharing. i highly doubt people across the country would be interested in seeing dallas play new england in the super bowl every year. snyder, jones, and kraft should not be allowed to ruin the game !!

Edited by dwight in philly