Steve Bridges Obama impersonation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever notice there are like...NOOO white people in those Vonage commercials?????

Are they saying that minorities cant afford Verizon phone service?

!@#$ing racists.

Since Vonage targets its service towards immigrants who call overseas a lot, there's a good chance they're non-white.

And, yes they are saying that Verizon is too expensive.

Ever notice there are like...NOOO white people in those Vonage commercials?????

Are they saying that minorities cant afford Verizon phone service?

!@#$ing racists.

Edited by Buftex

I guess not everyone has excess time for such in-depth research.

I know what I saw, mmmmkay?

All minorities, being shown as downtrodden victims of the corporate monolith Verizon. And Vonage coming to the "rescue" to save them.

Totally racist.

God damn Teabaggers.

Racist, teabagging birthers.

Probably all Vonage management types.

Who own stock in Koch Industries.

Edited by RkFast

Really, Gene....really?

All I'm saying (obviously ineffectively) is that your conclusion doesn't jibe with reality. There do actually seem to be some Vonage commercials which feature white people - that seems pretty indisputable. It occurs to me that this might be one of those circumstances in which every time you see a Vonage commercial which doesn't include white people, your conclusion that no Vonage commercials include white people is strengthened (in your own mind). This is an example of confirmation bias. It's a common human weakness, which is why actual data is so much more important that one's arbitrary perceptions. This was not really a knock on you, just an opportunity to illustrate the concept.

That's pretty funny considering the number of times I've seen Mother Jones links on this site.

I don't think I've ever seen Mother Jones links on this site. I actually had to look up what you were talking about.

It's also possible that I'm just a victim of confirmation bias. :rolleyes:

FWIW, confirmation bias is not generally a conscious behavior. It's just something humans tend to engage in without even knowing it.

It's tasteless to you, because you've been conditioned to think that any lampooning of a black man by a white man, no matter what the circumstance or context is in bad taste.

This is not a vacuum, but a specific instance of a satire of a specific person who happens to be the President. Have we reached the level where perceived societal taboos trump free speech?

I see nothing wrong in it.

No. Though, we have been there before in our history.

It is all about power structure. Of course electing a African-American goes a long way in breaking down what is perceived.

YET... It is a double standard. It is a one- way street. That is changing though with more of the minority being innvolved in the power structure. Someday it won't be a double standard and a one-way street. I know we all want it to happen right away. Pushing issues like this is a GOOD thing.

It is hard to say that by doing this one is keeping the Prez. down... Yet, what is it doing for the rest of the community? I am not necessarily saying it is bad... So don't go there.

God damn Teabaggers.

Aye... I couldn't her you.

Louder and more often please!

:P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois