Patrick Peterson runs a 4.32 Forty at the Combine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he looks really good. i just think if we can get a marcel dareus on the dline and help keep olinemen off the LBs then they will play better and so will the DBs. if our rush D wasnt so bad id like him but i hope the bills go MD. i bet the guys behind him will look better.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/01/lsus-peterson-doesnt-hit-goal-in-40-but-blazes/?module=HP_headlines2col

This guy could be a Charles Woodson or Nnamdi Asomugha with the added dimension of special teams impact.

Worthy of the #3 pick???

As of right now. He's your guy at 3. He's the only guy the Bills see worthy of that pick. With Florence a FA, McGee getting old and McKelvin not living up to expectations, It's probably better than 90% they draft him as of right now. Things can change between now and the end of April. I know everyone's gonna be pissed we draft CB, but he's a guy who can be the next Rod Woodson.

As of right now. He's your guy at 3. He's the only guy the Bills see worthy of that pick. With Florence a FA, McGee getting old and McKelvin not living up to expectations, It's probably better than 90% they draft him as of right now. Things can change between now and the end of April. I know everyone's gonna be pissed we draft CB, but he's a guy who can be the next Rod Woodson.

Wasn't Leodis supposed to be a lock down corner, special teams ace bla bla bla. No thanks. Good teams build from their lines first. If our front 7 was better, we'd be the number 1 pass defense team...

I'd ease up a bit. His flashy 40-time will have little bearing on the Bills deciding to pull the trigger on him. There's lots of game tape to go through plus interviews that will have much more bearing.

That said, if they draft a DB @ #3 then they are hopeless and haven't learned anything and will continue to suck for at least another 4-5 years. :devil:

I'd ease up a bit. His flashy 40-time will have little bearing on the Bills deciding to pull the trigger on him. There's lots of game tape to go through plus interviews that will have much more bearing.

That said, if they draft a DB @ #3 then they are hopeless and haven't learned anything and will continue to suck for at least another 4-5 years. :devil:

I obviously hope I'm dead wrong. Hopefully someone else will jump out at them or he gets drafted by Denver or Carolina. THE BILLS NEED to draft OL and DL big time!!!

I think my top three picks in order would be 1.Dareus 2.Peterson 3.Fairely

If you take Peterson you could still come back and get a player like Heyward or Ballard in the 2nd

I do not expect Heyward to make it out of round 1.

40 times are so overblown. Good 3-4 teams don't usually prioritize having great CB's anyway, because they get to the QB. A good pass rush makes it a lot easier on the CB's. We desperately need front 7 help, or a QB, more than anything. There is plenty of top notch front 7 talent available, we don't need another McKelvin right now...

If Peterson is picked at #3, this board will explode.

If Peterson is picked at #3, 1 Bills Drive might explode...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Perhaps but that simply means people are being ridiculous. A lock down corner is a big deal.

Not when we have some secondary depth right now, that was our strong point the last few years. We have NO depth, or even starters for that matter, at LB or DL...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/01/lsus-peterson-doesnt-hit-goal-in-40-but-blazes/?module=HP_headlines2col

This guy could be a Charles Woodson or Nnamdi Asomugha with the added dimension of special teams impact.

Worthy of the #3 pick???

NO

Unless I am mistaken, the highest a DB has ever been taken is at the 3rd pick. That means the Bills are saying that P Peterson is the best DB to ever come out of college (or at least tied for the best). IMO he is over rated, but that’s beside the point. Only certain positions have a huge affect on the game. QB is the big one. DL is another. LT is another. LBs (outside of pass-rushing 34 OLBS) and DBs simply do not tend to affect the game nearly as much as those positions. WR and RB are even worse. That is why you don’t see those positions drafted that high too often.

The Bills have proven that drafting WRs, CBs, and RBs, (the 3 positions that consistently affect the game the least) does not win you games. Drafting Peterson when there are DL prospects who are better, and play a much much much much much much much much much much much more important position in terms of football would me moronically stupid. That said it’s likely the Bills draft a CB or WR at 3.

Draft some stud DL guys and watch Leo turn into a Revis, and Florence and MCGee also become better.

The way to build a top pass D is the pass rush, not the other way around.

NO

Unless I am mistaken, the highest a DB has ever been taken is at the 3rd pick. That means the Bills are saying that P Peterson is the best DB to ever come out of college (or at least tied for the best). IMO he is over rated, but that’s beside the point. Only certain positions have a huge affect on the game. QB is the big one. DL is another. LT is another. LBs (outside of pass-rushing 34 OLBS) and DBs simply do not tend to affect the game nearly as much as those positions. WR and RB are even worse. That is why you don’t see those positions drafted that high too often.

The Bills have proven that drafting WRs, CBs, and RBs, (the 3 positions that consistently affect the game the least) does not win you games. Drafting Peterson when there are DL prospects who are better, and play a much much much much much much much much much much much more important position in terms of football would me moronically stupid. That said it’s likely the Bills draft a CB or WR at 3.

Draft some stud DL guys and watch Leo turn into a Revis, and Florence and MCGee also become better.

The way to build a top pass D is the pass rush, not the other way around.

I pretty much agree, but the Bills literally have drafted poorly at EVERY position, including CB, RB, WR...Actually you could say WR (Lee Evans) was one of our only 1st round picks in the last 10 years to actually help the team...He just never had any help (QB or another WR/TE to draw coverage). Also, I don't think you can say those positions don't help you win games. Just to name a few, these guys are the best players on their team, and are game changers...Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Darelle Revis...Say what you want, these guys can single handedly win games.

I am off topic though...like you said, with our front 7 needs, we do not want Peterson

Edited by Turbosrrgood

No. Please god, no.

A "shutdown" corner, if he is one, only helps if you have either (1) a good pass rush, and/or (2) a tough run defense which forces teams to actually pass against your shutdown corner.

Since the Bills have neither, your shutdown corner will get bored, like the rest of us, watching teams run for 200 yards per game.

From the LSU games I wave watched, and the tape I have seen on Peterson, his talent level is very difficult to assess. It seems that LSU plays a lot of zone coverage schemes. Very rarely did I see him pressure the receiver at the line of scrimmage, and play good man-to-man defense. This does not mean that he is not a "lock down" type of cornerback....it just means that I haven't seen evidence to support this.

Many say that he projects better to strong safety in the NFL due to stiffness in his hips. With that being said, do we want to draft a likely all-pro safety with the #3 overall pick? IMO....the answer is no.

I am encouraged that he ran such a good 40 yard dash, however, as I see him to be the only player that teams might be willing to trade up for.

Not when we have some secondary depth right now, that was our strong point the last few years. We have NO depth, or even starters for that matter, at LB or DL...

no we don't have secondary depth.

Florence, Whitner, Wilson all FA's. Corner next yr, FWIW.