Bills meet w/ Kaepernick

judman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IS there any chance he would be available at #34?

I think taking any QB in this draft at #3 overall would be a huge mistake. I think from an overall team approach we need two things in our defensive front 7: 1.) a mean, stout DT that will push the pocket, free up our LB's, and demand double teams and 2.) pass rushers that will consistently get to the enemy QB.

I think the true impact players that can come in and contribute right away will be available at #3 and #34. Fairley, Dareus, and Von Miller all look better to me at #3.

Then take that QB at #34.

IS there any chance he would be available at #34?

I think taking any QB in this draft at #3 overall would be a huge mistake. I think from an overall team approach we need two things in our defensive front 7: 1.) a mean, stout DT that will push the pocket, free up our LB's, and demand double teams and 2.) pass rushers that will consistently get to the enemy QB.

I think the true impact players that can come in and contribute right away will be available at #3 and #34. Fairley, Dareus, and Von Miller all look better to me at #3.

Then take that QB at #34.

Sorry I meant our 3rd rounder....lol.....not #3 lol. I agree though with any QB at #3 overall is bad idea. Love team approach. Love D in rounds one and two. I do like this kid if he's there in the 3rd round.

I haven't been too hyped on any of the quarterbacks in this draft, but if the bills are to choose one then I would prefer Kaepernick over anyone else. I think he has just as much of a chance as anybody if coached up well. He also seems like the best fit personality wise; I was comparing his interview to Newton's and Mallet's, and he just seems like more of a natural leader and much more mature.

In my opinion, Newton seems too full of himself, I think the national attention he's getting is going to his head. Mallet acted like a brat during his interview. Honestly, this is a once in a lifetime chance to leave an impression on every team in the NFL, and you can't handle the questions you're being asked? I understand why he was angry, but for god's sake have some self control.

all the highlights I can find on Colin K. are him running the ball, and that concerns me, I watched a little Nevada football the past couple years, and thats really all I remember about him too...running....

That said, obviously he can pass, he threw for 10,000 yards....thatssss impressive no matter what...

Is anyone else concerned that he looks kind of skinny?

Yeah the guys was pretty slim at the Senior Bowl. Apparently he put on 8 pounds of muscle when he weighed in at the combine. His mechanics and throwing motion are pretty bad. He ran the spread at Nevada. He's got a huge arm and he's fast. He's a big time project. However, he's a very smart kid. He may not last until the 3rd round with so many teams needing a QB.

Yeah the guys was pretty slim at the Senior Bowl. Apparently he put on 8 pounds of muscle when he weighed in at the combine. His mechanics and throwing motion are pretty bad. He ran the spread at Nevada. He's got a huge arm and he's fast. He's a big time project. However, he's a very smart kid. He may not last until the 3rd round with so many teams needing a QB.

Yes, a pistol offense variation. Something Gailey has run at he NFL level.

Running the Pistol with our offensive line was dumb. I'll never understand why we did it.

LOL. He didn't run a pistol offense with the Bills! Although he did run a lot run a lot of spread variations that produced one hell of a lot better than previous years.

I have only seen CK play in 2 games (don't see many wolfpack games), but in both games he was quite impressive. The guy is both huge and fast, and throws lasers...BUT, his throwing motion will probably need to be adjusted for the nfl...which to me is a scary proposition. That being said, if Gailey/Nix & Co. are extremely confident about the kid, and are 100% sure he can be leading our football team in 2 years, I would have no problems taking him with our 2nd round pick. Fitz starts this season and maybe next, while CK gets groomed and his mechanics get fine-tuned and hopefully he'll be ready to take over in 2012/2013.

Edited by bobobonators