Wierd quote from Kitna

richNjoisy

"I had hoped I had played my last down here," he said. "I don't want to have to go in under these circumstances. But this is the lot I've been given."

He had no doubt he would be ready if called upon to start against the Bills.

"I'll be fine," said Kitna, who was 9-for-13 passing for one touchdown and one interception at New England. "I've been in this league for a long time."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../412140381/1066

-bottom of article

One would THINK he would WANT to play - not sit on the bench.

But there's that quote staring at you.... :devil:

"I had hoped I had played my last down here," he said. "I don't want to have to go in under these circumstances. But this is the lot I've been given."

"I'll be fine," said Kitna, who was 9-for-13 passing for one touchdown and one interception at New England. "I've been in this league for a long time."

-bottom of article

But there's that quote staring at you.... :devil:

159497[/snapback]

Professional athletes certainly are a different lot.

To the contrary, Kitna is a pro's pro. That comment just shows what a team player that guy is. There aren't many pro players who coming off pro-bowl seasons and relegated to the bench would be so supportive of their replacement. He knows Carson Palmer is the future and fully supports him. To me,Kitna is a class act.

159522[/snapback]

I agree. I think he was just saying, he wanted to see Carson Palmer remain healthy, productive, and successful....forcing Kitna to not play.

Kitna is one of the good guys in the league.

I think Kitna crapped himself when he watched the tape of the Bills-Browns game yesterday and saw the Bills D destroy the Browns and their QB's. Sure he wanted Palmer to stay healthy so HE won't have to take a beating on Sunday.

I said it yesterday, but Jon Kitna deserves major kudos.  He handled being demoted with class (dare I say, Benched With Dignity?) and never caused a problem, even as Palmer struggled in the early season. 

I have lots of respect for Jon Kitna.

159690[/snapback]

I always thought Kitna was a good QB, even when he just was starting off in Seattle I was under the impression that he was doing good work. It'll be a VERY tough game for the Bills this week, the Defense has to come ready to play like they did against the Browns and the Bills have to pray that Bledsoe does not revert to his "curl up in a fetal position and die" technique on the road.

-bottom of article

But there's that quote staring at you.... :lol:

159497[/snapback]

I think all he is saying he doesn't like being on the bench. Starting QB's shouldn't like it. He might have been mentally looking to next season when he might starting for another team...

The Bills chances of winning in Cincinnati are dramatically increased if Kitna plays, IMO. Not that Kitna isn't a competent QB - he is - but the Cincy offense has another gear when Palmer plays. Kitna is prone to the killer turnover. If the Bills stay patient, running The Gimp 25+ times and taking the load off of Drew - and avoid a killer turnover - you'll be fine. If the Bills shorten the game, I like their chances. I don't like them as much in a shootout.

The Bills chances of winning in Cincinnati are dramatically increased if Kitna plays, IMO.  Not that Kitna isn't a competent QB - he is - but the Cincy offense has another gear when Palmer plays.  Kitna is prone to the killer turnover.  If the Bills stay patient, running The Gimp 25+ times and taking the load off of Drew - and avoid a killer turnover - you'll be fine.  If the Bills shorten the game, I like their chances.  I don't like them as much in a shootout.

159787[/snapback]

You simply refuse to give McGahee an inch don't you? He may never be what he could have been, but he's developed into a very solid back already, and IMHO, he's going to make it back, big. Other than that, you made some solid points.

You simply refuse to give McGahee an inch don't you? He may never be what he could have been, but he's developed into a very solid back already, and IMHO, he's going to make it back, big. Other than that, you made some solid points.

160084[/snapback]

Nah... here's my reasoning: If I called him "The Gimp" before, I should call him "The Gimp" now when he's doing well, don't you think? I'm consistent - I was consistently wrong about McGahee. :lol:

Though it's early, The Gimp has been exactly the shot in the arm the Bills needed to defeat beatable opponents. The Bills (and McGahee) take a step up in opponent this week: Not only playing a decent team, but on the road - a good test to see how far the Bills have come.

Nah... here's my reasoning:  If I called him "The Gimp" before, I should call him "The Gimp" now when he's doing well, don't you think?  I'm consistent - I was consistently wrong about McGahee.  :P

Though it's early, The Gimp has been exactly the shot in the arm the Bills needed to defeat beatable opponents.  The Bills (and McGahee) take a step up in opponent this week:  Not only playing a decent team, but on the road - a good test to see how far the Bills have come.

160187[/snapback]

Sorry Mike, but the seahawks are better than the bengals.

Sorry Mike, but the seahawks are better than the bengals.

160230[/snapback]

I absolutely disagree. The Seahawks are a disgrace - they'll struggle to be over .500 for the year in the worst division in the worst conference. The Bengals are markedly better than the 'Hawks (orany team in the NFC West).