Buddy talks QB, trade down, safety

Beerball

funny stuff

"See I don't put a lot of stock in that. A lot of people do," remarked Nix. "I mean I saw Doug Flutie throw it underhanded so I don't know why it matters if you get it there. Best thing is getting it out on time and hitting what you're aiming at."

Buddy and Chan (in my opinion) very well know if there's a franchise qb or qb's in this draft or if it's devoid of them. I cannot expect any interviewer to get a true answer from these two until after the draft. They are giving pros and cons to players as they should. It's all about smoke screens. Don't show your cards. Even if they straight out say who they will draft by name (and mean it) other teams will take it as a smoke screen. Being blunt about taking a waterbug last year could throw teams off this year. We shall see who drafts best and who has the best poker face. This will be one exciting draft.

Edited by Pilsner

Buddy and Chan (in my opinion) very well know if there's a franchise qb or qb's in this draft or if it's devoid of them. I cannot expect any interviewer to get a true answer from these two until after the draft. They are giving pros and cons to players as they should. It's all about smoke screens. Don't show your cards. Even if they straight out say who they will draft by name (and mean it) other teams will take it as a smoke screen. Being blunt about taking a waterbug last year could throw teams off this year. We shall see who drafts best and who has the best poker face. This will be one exciting draft.

I would imagine trying to get an answer out of Buddy Nix on what he's thinking about the draft would go something like this...

funny stuff

"See I don't put a lot of stock in that. A lot of people do," remarked Nix. "I mean I saw Doug Flutie throw it underhanded so I don't know why it matters if you get it there. Best thing is getting it out on time and hitting what you're aiming at."

When it comes down to it - simple but true. There are things in mechanics that help those but in the end that's all were really debating with mechanics- is the ball able to be where it's supposed to be, and when it's supposed to be there. A 5-4, sidearm, slow release guy can compensate by quickly finding lanes - it's just much harder to do... If he does it consistently though, more power to him.

You won't get a real answer even after the draft.

They've gotta be poker players. Giving anybody a hint at the strategy affects what they'll do in cap-casualty or waiver pickups, possible trades and even into next year's draft.

This is why the NFL, is littered with failed players who had it all. Speed, power, size great college stats. But too many player's goals are, to get into the NFL and sign the big contract. GMs and coaches, have to search out the intangibles,like work ethic and determination,to become great. Too many players get the contract, then fail to do the work necessary, to make them selves better. Tom Brady did not wow them at the combine, but he had the determination and work ethic to make himself one of the best QBs.

Edited by dogbyte