TRADE IT! TRADE IT!

Best thing for us is if both Gabbert and Newton destroy it at the combine. The non-stop hype or (Kipe) machine will then take over. We need to ride that wave. media-fueled run on two over-valued QB's is what we want!!!

Not sure who would lunge but....if say SF and Tennessee both want Gabbert...or Minny wants Newton BAAAAAD...both are going to have to step over Cincy and Arizona as either one may grab one of the 2 QB's should they land in their lap. Dallas could jump is Peterson is a FREAKMONSTER at the combine as well.

The only sure spot to lock it in is #3.

START RELENTLESS "NEWTON TO THE BILLS HYPE" IN THE PRESS.....THEN TRADE THE PICK!!!!!!

If it's SF...Dareus, Miller or Quinn would be there at 7. Similar case for Titans (Gabbert) at 8.

even if its Minnesota, they will have to pay dearly, we probably land Cam Jordan at 12

no matter what, our option would be to get back into late 1 and/or load up the boat for rounds 2-3.

This draft is loaded with DT/DE talent. Some great OL value late 1 and early 2. Our TE is in there somewhere as is LB help...maybe even a Kaepernick/Ponder/Locker pick. MORE SHOTS ON GOAL. We are not draft snipers, we need a buck shot.

Lets be like the Pats this time....we're still rebuilding. I am willing to risk a Dareus lock for paydirt from a desperate team.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT it's the Bills.....so I will prepare for the "Buddy is a genius...you just don't understand" threads after Mark Ingram is the newest Bill at #3.

something tells me this year we do the right thing.

Best thing for us is if both Gabbert and Newton destroy it at the combine. The non-stop hype or (Kipe) machine will then take over. We need to ride that wave. media-fueled run on two over-valued QB's is what we want!!!

Not sure who would lunge but....if say SF and Tennessee both want Gabbert...or Minny wants Newton BAAAAAD...both are going to have to step over Cincy and Arizona as either one may grab one of the 2 QB's should they land in their lap. Dallas could jump is Peterson is a FREAKMONSTER at the combine as well.

START RELENTLESS "NEWTON TO THE BILLS HYPE" IN THE PRESS.....THEN TRADE THE PICK!!!!!!

If it's SF...Dareus, Miller or Quinn would be there at 7. Similar case for Titans (Gabbert) at 8.

even if its Minnesota, they will have to pay dearly, we probably land Cam Jordan at 12

no matter what, our option would be to get back into late 1 and/or load up the boat for rounds 2-3.

This draft is loaded with DT/DE talent. Some great OL value late 1 and early 2. Our TE is in there somewhere as is LB help...maybe even a Kaepernick/Ponder/Locker pick. MORE SHOTS ON GOAL. We are not draft snipers, we need a buck shot.

Lets be like the Pats this time....we're still rebuilding. I am willing to risk a Dareus lock for paydirt from a desperate team.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT it's the Bills.....so I will prepare for the "Buddy is a genius...you just don't understand" threads after Mark Ingram is the newest Bill at #3.

AGREE... AGREE... AGREE...

AGREE 100%!! Almost always welcome the idea of trading down, especially this year. Like you mention, depth at DL and still rebuilding. IMHO, stick with Fitzy, TE and RT through FA and draft DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!

The only flaw in this is that if teams thought WE wanted him, they would try to trade up to IN FRONT of us, not trade WITH us.

Why would a team call up another team and say "We hear you REALLY want that player, we want him to, let's do a trade."??? Doesnt happen. If anything, if AZ or Washington wanted Newton, theyre trading with Denver.

I don't know why the people think the concept of the trade down has anything to do with who we are going to take.

We want teams to think that Cincinnati is taking the QB, after the issues with Palmer.

Since we pick in front of Cincy...out pick is the most valuable pick in the draft to those that want the guy they are going to draft.

I don't know why the people think the concept of the trade down has anything to do with who we are going to take.

We want teams to think that Cincinnati is taking the QB, after the issues with Palmer.

Since we pick in front of Cincy...out pick is the most valuable pick in the draft to those that want the guy they are going to draft.

Or jumping ahead of Cincy to get AJ Green.

I love your word choice in your writing. I could envision a double trade-down where we trade with Arizona, who wants to leapfrog Cincy for a choice of QB....Then we turn around and give the 5th pick to Dallas so they can leapfrog San Fran. With that scenario, we pick up 2 seconds and 2 more fourths, and it looks like this on the DraftTek simulator:

1 1 Carolina Nick Fairley DT43 Auburn P1 +0 Value

1 2 Denver Patrick Peterson FS LSU P3 +0 Value

1 3 Arizona Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska P2 -3 Reach

1 4 Cincinnati A.J. Green WRF Georgia P1Grab +0 Value

1 5 Dallas Da'Quan Bowers DE34 Clemson P4 +2 Value

1 6 Cleveland Julio Jones WRF Alabama P1 -4 Reach

1 7 San Francisco Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri P2 -5 Reach

1 8 Tennessee Marcell Dareus DT43 Alabama P2 +0 Value

1 9 Buffalo Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina (or Von Miller or Cam Jordan)

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame (Paea? Clayborn?)

2 38 Buffalo Mark Herzlich SILB Boston College (Locker? Carpenter RT? Ahmad Black?)

2 40 Buffalo Chr's'n Ballard DE34 Iowa (DJ Williams TE?)

3 68 Buffalo Phil Taylor DT34 Baylor (Dalton, Sheppard)

4 99 Buffalo Korey Lindsey CB S Ill (Nate Irving, Marvin Austin)

4 102 Buffalo Casey Matthews WILB Oregon (Tim Barnes, Watkins OG, Stanzi)

4 109 Buffalo Orl. Franklin OT Miami (FL) (Jernigan, Kendrick Ellis)

4 121 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware (Quinton Carter, DeMarcus Love)

5 130 Buffalo Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut (Marcus Gilbert OT, Chris Rucker CB)

6 164 Buffalo Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech P4R +4 Value

7 195 Buffalo Kyle Adams TE Purdue P4R -7 Reach

Edited by Astrobot

I love your word choice in your writing. I could envision a double trade-down where we trade with Arizona, who wants to leapfrog Cincy for a choice of QB....Then we turn around and give the 5th pick to Dallas so they can leapfrog San Fran. With that scenario, we pick up 2 seconds and 2 more fourths, and it looks like this on the DraftTek simulator:

1 9 Buffalo Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina P3 +4 Value

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame P2 +10 Value

2 38 Buffalo Mark Herzlich SILB Boston College P2 -9 Reach

2 40 Buffalo Chr's'n Ballard DE34 Iowa P3O +7 Value

3 68 Buffalo Phil Taylor DT34 Baylor P2 -13 Reach

4 99 Buffalo Korey Lindsey CB S Ill P3 -1 Reach

4 102 Buffalo Casey Matthews WILB Oregon Grab -12 Reach

4 109 Buffalo Orl. Franklin OT Miami (FL) P4R -7 Reach

4 121 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware P6 -2 Reach

5 130 Buffalo Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut P4 +27 Value

Sorry, but I just don't get the fascination with Kyle Rudolph. A tight end is the very definition of a luxury pick. This team is woefully short on defensive talent in general and also short on offensive line talent. Why would the Bills pick a tight end at the 34th pick who only scored 3 TDs last year? I know that you want a tight end, but as the Rolling Stones once said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

No way in heck do I want the Bills to be picking any tight end in this draft. I prefer drafting a great tight end prospect when your team is pretty much already built.

The only flaw in this is that if teams thought WE wanted him, they would try to trade up to IN FRONT of us, not trade WITH us.

Why would a team call up another team and say "We hear you REALLY want that player, we want him to, let's do a trade."??? Doesnt happen. If anything, if AZ or Washington wanted Newton, theyre trading with Denver.

Yeah, good point there....my bad....BUT....The phone is going to be ringing for the #3 pick. There are 2 "elites" at these 3 positions: QB's, CB's, WR's....

Not a lot of GM's out there can keep a poker face if they see a scenario unfold where both of their targets are gone.

Buff should keep throwing names out there in the press: Newton Dareus, Peterson....Green....

then absolutely punish the team that wants to be at 3.

Yeah, good point there....my bad....BUT....The phone is going to be ringing for the #3 pick. There are 2 "elites" at these 3 positions: QB's, CB's, WR's....

Not a lot of GM's out there can keep a poker face if they see a scenario unfold where both of their targets are gone.

Buff should keep throwing names out there in the press: Newton Dareus, Peterson....Green....

then absolutely punish the team that wants to be at 3.

Fully agree. The phone WILL ring especially if 2 QB's are still available at #3, or if Peterson, Dareus, or Fairley is still there. In my mind, we should trade once, at minimum, then take Cam Jordan, Quinn, or Miller.

I don't have a fascination with Kyle Rudolph; I have TE priority set at P3 for the computer to select the BPA based on those priorities. For your comfort, 1billsfan, I have dropped TE to P4 for next week.

Fully agree. The phone WILL ring especially if 2 QB's are still available at #3, or if Peterson, Dareus, or Fairley is still there. In my mind, we should trade once, at minimum, then take Cam Jordan, Quinn, or Miller.

I don't have a fascination with Kyle Rudolph; I have TE priority set at P3 for the computer to select the BPA based on those priorities. For your comfort, 1billsfan, I have dropped TE to P4 for next week.

I think Phil Taylor will be long gone before the 3rd round. He might be there at #34.

Totally agree - After all - if two top QB prospects backup their solid college careers by killing it at the combine, interviewing well, etc...we should NOT draft them and finally get the franchise QB we have been seeking since Kelly

Sorry, but I just don't get the fascination with Kyle Rudolph. A tight end is the very definition of a luxury pick. This team is woefully short on defensive talent in general and also short on offensive line talent. Why would the Bills pick a tight end at the 34th pick who only scored 3 TDs last year? I know that you want a tight end, but as the Rolling Stones once said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

No way in heck do I want the Bills to be picking any tight end in this draft. I prefer drafting a great tight end prospect when your team is pretty much already built.

Tight Ends are not a luxury pick. Tight ends control the middle of the football field on offense. They keep safetys off Evans and Johnson. They also open up running lanes for Spiller and Jackson.

TE is one of the most important positions on a football team. One could argue its the 2nd most important position on the offensive side of the ball. If its not 2nd, its third. TE is also one of the reasons the Bills O has sucked for so long. You are underestimating the position.

Totally agree - After all - if two top QB prospects backup their solid college careers by killing it at the combine, interviewing well, etc...we should NOT draft them and finally get the franchise QB we have been seeking since Kelly

Neither of these guys are franchise QB's (both are projects) and their stock is inflated becase Luck is out of the picture. With more than a few holes to fill, my point is let someone else take a chance on these guys and pay us to do it, we can fill holes with quality talent.

Both QB's are boom/bust gambles. If you want a project QB with upside, grab Kaepernick in 3.

I am never thrilled with the 'trade-down' concept, but there's no one that I'm absolutely drooling over at #3 - we have plenty of positional and there are good picks available at any of those positions later in the first round (and throughout the first 5 rounds, really), so I'd be very interested should a scenario unfold that allows us to gain more picks AND still fill a crucial positional need.

QB, IMHO, is not the most critical need, as Fitz will be just fine this season - certainly far better than any of the QBs available in this draft will be able to perform this year or in the foreseeable future. If anything, grab Ponder in round 3, if he's there. (If not, don't sweat it - everyone will be fawning over Luck, Darron Thomas, and Landry Jones in next year's draft anyway.)

If you look at the first 3 rounds, as of today the Bills hold picks #3, 34, & 68. NE* has picks #17, 28, 33, 60, 74, & 92.

Which team has the best chance to improve?

Trade down, Buddy.

Edited by The Senator

1 9 Buffalo Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina (or Von Miller or Cam Jordan)

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame (Paea? Clayborn?)

2 38 Buffalo Mark Herzlich SILB Boston College (Locker? Carpenter RT? Ahmad Black?)

2 40 Buffalo Chr's'n Ballard DE34 Iowa (DJ Williams TE?)

3 68 Buffalo Phil Taylor DT34 Baylor (Dalton, Sheppard)

4 99 Buffalo Korey Lindsey CB S Ill (Nate Irving, Marvin Austin)

4 102 Buffalo Casey Matthews WILB Oregon (Tim Barnes, Watkins OG, Stanzi)

4 109 Buffalo Orl. Franklin OT Miami (FL) (Jernigan, Kendrick Ellis)

4 121 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware (Quinton Carter, DeMarcus Love)

5 130 Buffalo Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut (Marcus Gilbert OT, Chris Rucker CB)

That would the best situation for sure, but getting Taylor in the 3rd? Matthews in the 4th? Wishful thinking