TRADE IT! TRADE IT!

I love your word choice in your writing. I could envision a double trade-down where we trade with Arizona, who wants to leapfrog Cincy for a choice of QB....Then we turn around and give the 5th pick to Dallas so they can leapfrog San Fran. With that scenario, we pick up 2 seconds and 2 more fourths, and it looks like this on the DraftTek simulator:

1 1 Carolina Nick Fairley DT43 Auburn P1 +0 Value

1 2 Denver Patrick Peterson FS LSU P3 +0 Value

1 3 Arizona Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska P2 -3 Reach

1 4 Cincinnati A.J. Green WRF Georgia P1Grab +0 Value

1 5 Dallas Da'Quan Bowers DE34 Clemson P4 +2 Value

1 6 Cleveland Julio Jones WRF Alabama P1 -4 Reach

1 7 San Francisco Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri P2 -5 Reach

1 8 Tennessee Marcell Dareus DT43 Alabama P2 +0 Value

1 9 Buffalo Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina (or Von Miller or Cam Jordan)

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame (Paea? Clayborn?)

2 38 Buffalo Mark Herzlich SILB Boston College (Locker? Carpenter RT? Ahmad Black?)

2 40 Buffalo Chr's'n Ballard DE34 Iowa (DJ Williams TE?)

3 68 Buffalo Phil Taylor DT34 Baylor (Dalton, Sheppard)

4 99 Buffalo Korey Lindsey CB S Ill (Nate Irving, Marvin Austin)

4 102 Buffalo Casey Matthews WILB Oregon (Tim Barnes, Watkins OG, Stanzi)

4 109 Buffalo Orl. Franklin OT Miami (FL) (Jernigan, Kendrick Ellis)

4 121 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware (Quinton Carter, DeMarcus Love)

5 130 Buffalo Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut (Marcus Gilbert OT, Chris Rucker CB)

6 164 Buffalo Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech P4R +4 Value

7 195 Buffalo Kyle Adams TE Purdue P4R -7 Reach

DAM!!!! LOOK AT ALL THOSE PICKS!! that's what makes me think we will never do it!

Neither of these guys are franchise QB's (both are projects) and their stock is inflated becase Luck is out of the picture. With more than a few holes to fill, my point is let someone else take a chance on these guys and pay us to do it, we can fill holes with quality talent.

Both QB's are boom/bust gambles. If you want a project QB with upside, grab Kaepernick in 3.

the Kaepernick or Ponder might just come true whether Newton/gabbert are F qb or not.

Best thing for us is if both Gabbert and Newton destroy it at the combine. The non-stop hype or (Kipe) machine will then take over. We need to ride that wave. media-fueled run on two over-valued QB's is what we want!!!

i am there, filth

...media-fueled run on two over-valued QB's is what we want!!!...

...Lets be like the Pats this time....

You know that both Gabbert and Newton are "over-valued." What if you're wrong? What if Newton goes #10 and Gabbert goes #18 to other teams, and then they both end up being Pro Bowl level QB's within a year or two? Would you still will think the Bills would have been "smart" not to draft one of them at #3?

And you want the Bills to be "like the Pats this time"? No problem. All they have to do is draft a QB in the 6th round that no team thinks will ever be more then a back up in the NFL, and then watch him amaze the world by becoming perhaps one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in history, leading the Bills to 3 SB Championships over the next 8 years. That's all.

And oh by the way, before you come back and start rattling off all the great draft choices the Pats made to build the team around Brady, please remember my main point: New England did not win a SB until Brady was the starting QB.

90% of the time, when a team has a SB winning season, they already have their Pro Bowl level QB behind center, and leading them that entire season. QB first, build the team around him second.

I love your word choice in your writing. I could envision a double trade-down where we trade with Arizona, who wants to leapfrog Cincy for a choice of QB....Then we turn around and give the 5th pick to Dallas so they can leapfrog San Fran. With that scenario, we pick up 2 seconds and 2 more fourths, and it looks like this on the DraftTek simulator:

1 1 Carolina Nick Fairley DT43 Auburn P1 +0 Value

1 2 Denver Patrick Peterson FS LSU P3 +0 Value

1 3 Arizona Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska P2 -3 Reach

1 4 Cincinnati A.J. Green WRF Georgia P1Grab +0 Value

1 5 Dallas Da'Quan Bowers DE34 Clemson P4 +2 Value

1 6 Cleveland Julio Jones WRF Alabama P1 -4 Reach

1 7 San Francisco Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri P2 -5 Reach

1 8 Tennessee Marcell Dareus DT43 Alabama P2 +0 Value

1 9 Buffalo Robert Quinn OLB34 North Carolina (or Von Miller or Cam Jordan)

2 34 Buffalo Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame (Paea? Clayborn?)

2 38 Buffalo Mark Herzlich SILB Boston College (Locker? Carpenter RT? Ahmad Black?)

2 40 Buffalo Chr's'n Ballard DE34 Iowa (DJ Williams TE?)

3 68 Buffalo Phil Taylor DT34 Baylor (Dalton, Sheppard)

4 99 Buffalo Korey Lindsey CB S Ill (Nate Irving, Marvin Austin)

4 102 Buffalo Casey Matthews WILB Oregon (Tim Barnes, Watkins OG, Stanzi)

4 109 Buffalo Orl. Franklin OT Miami (FL) (Jernigan, Kendrick Ellis)

4 121 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware (Quinton Carter, DeMarcus Love)

5 130 Buffalo Jordan Todman RBF Connecticut (Marcus Gilbert OT, Chris Rucker CB)

6 164 Buffalo Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech P4R +4 Value

7 195 Buffalo Kyle Adams TE Purdue P4R -7 Reach

OK I like the Idea of the trade down but I'm going to be a little more conservative than you

Trade with Cleveland getting Cleveland's first and second

1. Robert Quinn OLB - I'm a fan of Marcell Dareus and think he might be there too but OLBs are the stars of todays 3-4 defense and with Moats, Merriman, and Quinn we have both a high ceiling and a high cellar.

2a Martez Wilson ILB - I want to keep POZ but you want to get more size and athleticism in the middle and Wilson has that. Wilson is also pretty versatile and probable could play all four LB position.

2b Allen Bailey DE - would take Heyward before Bailey but think he's gone before this pick, Taylor, Paea, and Ballard would also be considered.

3. Ras-I Dowling CB- I don't think the Bills CB situation is as rosy as I thought last year they could really use a little more size and youth.

4a Jerrell Powe NT- 6,2 340 a for sure two gap NT

4b Colin Kaepernick QB- replaces Brian Brohm- has some physical ability but will need a couple years.

5. John Clay RB- 6,1 250 - I'm not loving the Bills RB situation Fred Jackson is almost 30 and Spiller shows me nothing that suggests he's an every down RB, Clay is a power back and that's about it but with him handling short yardage and spiller everything else you might get by for a while if Fred goes down.

6. Schuylar Oordt TE- very athletic Small school player 6,7 246 really needs to get bigger and stronger but has frame to do so.

7. Mario Harvey ILB- short but thick 6,0 250 decent speed poor mans London Fletcher

Tired of hiding.. Trading. pick the best guy at 3.... it will be a good player. QB or DL. Cam or Blane . We nned a QB Up grade. Come on You know it,.. Dont ne afraid of the black QB.. Cam is a stud. He is not Vince Young. He line Mcnabb but better.. Support it,.. It gonna happen

You know that both Gabbert and Newton are "over-valued." What if you're wrong? What if Newton goes #10 and Gabbert goes #18 to other teams, and then they both end up being Pro Bowl level QB's within a year or two? Would you still will think the Bills would have been "smart" not to draft one of them at #3?

And you want the Bills to be "like the Pats this time"? No problem. All they have to do is draft a QB in the 6th round that no team thinks will ever be more then a back up in the NFL, and then watch him amaze the world by becoming perhaps one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in history, leading the Bills to 3 SB Championships over the next 8 years. That's all.

And oh by the way, before you come back and start rattling off all the great draft choices the Pats made to build the team around Brady, please remember my main point: New England did not win a SB until Brady was the starting QB.

90% of the time, when a team has a SB winning season, they already have their Pro Bowl level QB behind center, and leading them that entire season. QB first, build the team around him second.

How many times would you like to see the Bills fail at reaching for the wrong QB? The sure thing went out the window when Luck decided not to come out. Newton is not falling to 10 and Gabbert not falling to 18.....6 of the top 10 teams could use a new QB. If they become pro bowlers....fantastic. The team that drafts them will have gambled and won. We need rehab from all of our gambling and losing....you want us to go right back to the table.

How am I wrong about Newton and Gabbert being overvalued? Once Luck was out of the picture, both guys went from mid to late 1st round prjections to top 10 Gabbert and Top 5 Newton. By the value chart alone....overvalued. Media is hyping Newton into a potential 1st pick of the draft. I honestly hope that happens because Fairley is worth it at #3. Trade down otherwise. This draft is deep in our other areas of need.

My point was that a smart FO with as many needs as the Bills and a history of TERRIBLE QB draft picks may want to consider doing what their division rivals have been doing for a decade+: aquire draft picks and fill holes. Its insane that a playoff team has 2 first rounders, somehow they do it.

I agree on the franchise QB being a position of need but I wouldn't reach for a Newton. Its definitely a sexy pick from a marketing standpoint but a lot of questions there. Newton may be running for his life and taking a lot of hits with our OL where it is. I would much rather have 5 or 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. I would rather have some exciting new players on D. I would rather have a pass rush....and a run defense.

ALL great SB teams have great defenses as well. I can live with Fitz and plug in help on both sides of the ball. Build a D and take a look at the QB situation next year.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I think Phil Taylor will be long gone before the 3rd round. He might be there at #34.
That would the best situation for sure, but getting Taylor in the 3rd? Matthews in the 4th? Wishful thinking

I agree on Taylor. The Bills would be fortunate if he was still there at 34. I believe he'll be gone by late in the 1st.

Trade is right. What else can a rebuilding team want more than better draft picks. With the hype that is going to start around cam and blaine, the bills are in a great position to land a great offer. we all keep talking about teams trying to jump ahead of arizona and cincy to get thier guy but both of those teams are in or gonna be in great need for a qb and they will drive up the offers. I hope buddy and modrak can finally give us bills fans a glimpse of hope with a great draft. at least for one day at least.