Favorite "Other" Team

packfntk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was no such thing as the Buffalo Bills then I would be a hard core 49ers fan. Why oh why Buffalo do you have to be so far away. I'm always rooting for the Niners except when they play the Bills. And I root for any team that plays the raiders or patsies.

I'm a Rodgers fan too so the Pack is good in my book.

Edited by Pilsner

So I started this topic over at my forum to drum up conversation and find out which teams are liked. I thought I would bring it here as well.

"We have done this before but it has been a while. I know that several of you will say PACKERS PACKERS PACKERS Number 1-32, but who do you have a soft spot for, or even root for when the Packers are not playing or when we are out of it? This could be teams you don't hate, or whatever.

I would have to say both the Bills and the Chiefs are teams that I like to see do well. The Bills because it is a small market team that plays in the cold. Their fans are also great and they have a tradition of winning. The Chiefs I have liked ever since I went there in 2007. Their fan base is passionate and they have a strong following. So those are the teams that I don't mind or even like to see do well when the Packers aren't playing them or have any implications around them. Thoughts?"

When it comes to the Super Bowl, I'll root for any of the 13 other teams which have never won a Super Bowl. Which probably explains why I spent most of the last Super Bowl netsurfing.

I'm from Australia so obviously I didn't have a team that im born into supporting, but I was in the USA when I was 14 and I went to a LA Raiders game with my dad and some friends at the LA coliseum So I have to say I'm a Raiders fan second.

Again as I said, I'm Australian so please dont make fun of me for this, even from here in Sydney I know the Raiders are a terrible franchise. Ha ha.

But I have since met my fiance who is from Buffalo and have been to many Bills games and would support the Bills over anybody as I LOVE the Bills!!! For an Australian im strangely obsessed with them! I would also go as far to say that I love the Bills as much as the Wallabies, our Australian Rugby team who I have friends that play for them and I have been a fan of since I was born...

I've always liked the Niners, going back to the Montana days, since I come from a big Notre Dame family. Plus, they were the favorite team of Hunter S. Thompson, my favorite writer.

Obviously we all want the Bills to return to relevance, but I kinda hope to see the Niners make a similar turnaround.

Great Question. I moved to NJ 20 plus years ago and started going to Giants game 2 seasons after SBXXV. So Giants are my 2nd team. My house is divided between Bills and Giant fans, so at least half the house know the joys of a SB victory!! When Bills play the Giants, Bills all the way even if it means nothing for Buffalo and playoffs for NY. I have taken a number of Jersey guys to Buffalo and we all agree that there is nothing like Buffalo. No matter what you should always cheer for your home team, unless it’s the NY Jets. Jets and their fans suck!!

I liked the Broncos 10-15 years ago (the Elway era with new logo), and now I like the Colts beacause of Payton Manning.

Other than this, any (but Giants Redskins Cowboys Patriots) under underdog in the superbowl or the one that has never won.

Funny, I made mention of this in my work place not to long ago. A few coworkers have two teams , or a soft spot as you said. Me, I'm BUFFALO BILLS all day every day! No other team at all! Bills Nation to the death! Sure the bills are bottom feeders, but they get respect at my job because I rep them so much and so hard. So whenever my coworkers address me, they don't call me Q. They just shout out Bills Nation.

Edited by qdawg in philly

I'm from Australia so obviously I didn't have a team that im born into supporting, but I was in the USA when I was 14 and I went to a LA Raiders game with my dad and some friends at the LA coliseum So I have to say I'm a Raiders fan second.

Again as I said, I'm Australian so please dont make fun of me for this, even from here in Sydney I know the Raiders are a terrible franchise. Ha ha.

But I have since met my fiance who is from Buffalo and have been to many Bills games and would support the Bills over anybody as I LOVE the Bills!!! For an Australian im strangely obsessed with them! I would also go as far to say that I love the Bills as much as the Wallabies, our Australian Rugby team who I have friends that play for them and I have been a fan of since I was born...

I commend you for your Bills loyalty! I'm in California and have never been to Buffalo but you are even further away than I. Congrats on having a die hard Buffalo girl as your fiance! You are one very lucky man.

Funny, I made mention of this in my work place not to long ago. A few coworkers have two teams , or a soft spot as you said. Me, I'm BUFFALO BILLS all day every day! No other team at all! Bills Nation to the death! Sure the bills are bottom feeders, but they get respect at my job because I rep them so much and so hard. So whenever my coworkers address me, they don't call me Q. They just shout out Bills Nation.

Your post is effin awesome!