Worlds strongest NT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the kid does have speed and pretty good step off the line but he's no ndamaking suh. i would say take a shot at him after the draft and see if he can be coached up. jason peters was looked as a workout warrior type along with playing the wrong position. the guy is a heck of an athlete with a passion for the game and some guys will stop at nothing to be successful.

My 2¢...

This guy has UDFA flyer written all over him. Could be a steal. Could be the next Lief Larson.

I am no scout, but his upfield speed looks pretty good. If he gets past the initial o-lineman, his speed is pretty good. His change of direction/lateral quickness is adequate at best. Slow coming off a block after engaged. He only seems to know how to bull rush, or throw blockers off with his sheer strength. A lot of times, he gets held up on blocks.

I have two words for you > Leif Larsen ... he was really strong, too ... oh and he sucked

True. However, in no way do the two compare. Larson was a 295 lb. DE in a 3-4 from Norway who had never played football prior to coming to the US. So, he had no instincts or even mauch, if any passion for the game. He also did not have much mobility.

This sumner kid is a Nose Tackle. He's not going to be asked to make a lot of tackles. He's going to be asked to take up space and smash the schitt out of the center and move his ass back 3 yards. The kid looks like he dominintaes at his level, which he must do if he has any aspirations of playing at the next level. He also looks like he has a lot of passion for the game. Now, the caveat... 6-2, 335 with that kind of strength is enough to raise some suspicions as to steriod use or some banned substance. He's definitely worth a draft pick simply because of his size and dominance at his competiton level, plus the fact that the NT position is the Bills single most dire need. Without a big fat run stuffing slob at nose tackle, the Bills won't even come close to being higher than the 20th ranked defense, if that.

True. However, in no way do the two compare. Larson was a 295 lb. DE in a 3-4 from Norway who had never played football prior to coming to the US. So, he had no instincts or even mauch, if any passion for the game. He also did not have much mobility.

This sumner kid is a Nose Tackle. He's not going to be asked to make a lot of tackles. He's going to be asked to take up space and smash the schitt out of the center and move his ass back 3 yards. The kid looks like he dominintaes at his level, which he must do if he has any aspirations of playing at the next level. He also looks like he has a lot of passion for the game. Now, the caveat... 6-2, 335 with that kind of strength is enough to raise some suspicions as to steriod use or some banned substance. He's definitely worth a draft pick simply because of his size and dominance at his competiton level, plus the fact that the NT position is the Bills single most dire need. Without a big fat run stuffing slob at nose tackle, the Bills won't even come close to being higher than the 20th ranked defense, if that.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I'd sign him as a fullback and let him develop his interior DLineman skills.

He's probably at least as good as Jehuu Caulcrick and has a ton more upside Ug in my opinion.

+1

He could have a lot of potential as a lead blocker, if nothing else...

Edited by Buffalo Rally Monkey

Blaine "Vanilla Gorilla" Sumner would be a welcome addition to our Dline as a UDFA, Kid has insane power, surprising mobility and a very nasty attitude.

"Blaine played Full Back for the Colorado School of Mines in the short yardage/goal line situations. Blaine complied 4 touchdowns this season and was 2nd on his team for rushing touchdowns. On Defense he compiled 33 tackles (6TFL) 3 forced fumbled, and 3 blocked kicks and of course drawing his usual 20+ double teams a game. He has had interviews with over 50% of NFL team scouts and is just months away from instantly solidifying the Defensive Line to whichever team manages to secure the monster known as; the Vanilla Gorilla.

After talking with Blaine about his goals for the upcoming College pro-days and NFL combines; he has his sights set high. He is aiming to break the NFL combine 225Rep record (which stands at 45 reps.) Blaine told me that he has hit 225x50 in training back in November of 2010. His vertical jump is 33'' and has standing jumped onto a 50'' box! If that's not enough to get the scouts drooling at this monster of a interior lineman, he also is training every day to get his 40 yard dash at a blazing speed of 5.1 or better, at 335lbs!"

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/files/BlaineSumner.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=2D38T-0I24s

wow--i was excited about the possibility of him being an UDFA til I saw the film.Those are the Highlights? He looks terrible-no football ability-little to no quickness.Too bad the guy looks like a beast in the weight room.But as you say UDFA--so what the heck give him a shot..

Edited by Tcali

wow--i was excited about the possibility of him being an UDFA til I saw the film.Those are the Highlights? He looks terrible-no football ability-little to no quickness.Too bad the guy looks like a beast in the weight room.But as you say UDFA--so what the heck give him a shot..

What is it that prevents a guy like this, with all the phyiscal tools, and then some, from having elite talent? I'm asking honestly - there are certainly bigger, stronger, and faster men out there who get cut from NFL rosters in favor of guys with more football ability, but I don't know what that means.