Auburn Tree Poisoned

papazoid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you can show me where his post showed the least bit of condonement towards what was done.

Who made you the vandalism czar? The person you're blasting stated flatly that:

You need to take some deep breaths and settle down.

Listen, I get that's he's not condoning it (I misspoke in my first post and forgot the word "not") and good for him cause he should.

The thing rubs me the wrong way was drawing a parallel to what was allegedly done to Saban's house. Some how implying that they are the same thing "Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?"

And you don't have to be the "vandalism police" to see the difference. Destroying a 130 year old tree and rolling sabans lake house is not the same thing. Hint: One is a felony and the other is not. I don't remember NBC national news reporting live from Saban house, or ESPN covering it...

"It is understandable to feel outrage in reaction to a malicious act of vandalism," Auburn president Jay Gogue said in a statement. "However, we should live up to the example we set in becoming national champions and the beliefs expressed in our Auburn Creed. Individuals act alone, not on behalf of anyone or any place, and all universities are vulnerable to and condemn such reprehensible acts."

Any university in this country can have a fan or supporter that goes beyond what normal people would consider reasonable," Gouge said. "I've had the chance to talk with folks at the University of Alabama. They had nothing whatsoever to do with it. I know them and they're good people. I'm sure they're disappointed."

Is that the creed that won the heart of Cam Newton and his father last year?

Anyway, obviously this tree killer is borderline retarded--he's not even an Alabama alum. Why on earth would he care about Auburn or "roll tide"?

So, for all those Auburn kids who are mourning the loss of their beloved trees, who cleans up the mess after they vandalize their sacred trees each week?:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6131518

Most ridiculous story of the week.

Listen, I get that's he's not condoning it (I misspoke in my first post and forgot the word "not") and good for him cause he should.

The thing rubs me the wrong way was drawing a parallel to what was allegedly done to Saban's house. Some how implying that they are the same thing "Where was Auburn's statement or action regarding Saban's lake house being vandalized this past year by alleged Aubbie fans?"

Yes, I implied that both acts were acts of vandalism, and that neither school can be held accountable for the stupidity of it's followers.

And you don't have to be the "vandalism police" to see the difference.

And if I am reading this correctly, are you seriously implying that a level of vandalism is acceptable and rationale?

Destroying a 130 year old tree and rolling sabans lake house is not the same thing. Hint: One is a felony and the other is not. I don't remember NBC national news reporting live from Saban house, or ESPN covering it...

Yep. Looks like you are. Why am I not surprised.

Hint: Shop lifting is a misdemeanor and grand theft auto is a felony. One may be more serious than the other (and the punishment will reflect that), but it's still the same thing: theft/stealing/taking something that does not belong to you.

Can I assume in "Aubbie World" that shop lifting is an acceptable form of behavior and can be rationalized?

Edited by Cynical

I have fallen completely in love with the SEC and the college football culture here in the south, but crap like that is just way over the line. I frickin hate Bama, but just no excuse for taking the rivalry to that level.