Ricky Stanzi

Damian

in the below link, the writer compares the current crop of QB's in the draft to pro QB's that match their style/performance:

QB's compared

Per ther article:

Newton=Randall Cunningham

Gabbert=Alex Smith

Ricky Stanzi=Tom Brady

I have not seen any Iowa games with Stanzi playing. Has anyone here seen him play and have some input/feedback to this article?

Kinda weird that you had the BRADY comparison , I just wrote the same thing last week. STANZI is the most complete QB in this years draft IMO.

I have no clue as to why he is so underrated .Stanzi.mov is a you-tube highlight of his 09 year.check it out .he has a good touch ,elusiveness,rolls out,or sets up a perfect drop back, scrambles and has good arm strength.to go with prototype size,, and at 224 hes still thin. :He is a sleeper but has all the tools .Id take him in the 3-4th and regard it as a steal. :thumbsup:

He'd be worth a look after the 2nd round. He's 6'4" and 230#, had a 59.8% career completion percentage (64.1% his senior season), threw for 56 TD's and was 26-9 as a starter. On the downside, he had 31 INT's, although almost half of those (15) came as a junior.

I would feel way better if we could get a guy like this in round 3 or 4 and have him learn under Fitzpatrick for a couple of years than to spend the #3 overall on Newton and Gabbert and have it potentially blow up in our faces.

IMO if the Bills follow this strategy, in 2013 they will still be looking for the teams first franchise QB since Kelly retired. :doh:

I got to watch all of Stanzi's games in person the last two years. He posses a solid, accurate arm with very good pocket pressence, and is mobile enough to buy time in the pocket, or to gain some yards when the play breaks down. The one negetive that sticks out is that he tends to over throw the ball when he is hurried. Last season he showed tremendous improvement from the year before, he cut down on his turnovers and wasnt afraid to throw it away instead of taking the sack. I would say he goes somewhere in the mid to late rounds, and should probably sit a year behind a veteran and learn.

I've been chatting up Stanzi for quite some time. I don't post that much, but lately they've been regarding Stanzi. I would take this guy and have him and Levi battle it out to be the No. 2 when we play ball again. That being said, Stanzi is the only QB I would feel good about drafting. Newton is hard to pass on, but he scares the crap out of me for the same reasons. Stanzi, I think is a sure-fire upper tier NFL starter for 10+ years.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/122425-which-college-qbs-are-you-tracking/page__p__2020550__fromsearch__1#entry2020550

Edited by Champjb10

IMO if the Bills follow this strategy, in 2013 they will still be looking for the teams first franchise QB since Kelly retired. :doh:

I agree with you that a franchise QB is needed to win in this league, I just think he may already be on this roster, and I just don't like the QBs available for the taking this year with a #3 pick. I'm very excited to see what Fitzy does with an entire offseason and preseason to prepare as a starter. So if the FO likes what they see in Stanzi (which I have no opinion of him because I have rarely seen him play) and think he could be "the guy", and could get him in rounds 3 or 4, I say build the defense up (which was our MAJOR problem area last year, especially against the run) with the top 2 picks rather than gamble on a one year sensation who seemed to me to be a more effective running QB than passing one...or on a Big 12 spread QB. Unless the FO is totally sold on either guy I would not take that risk.

Edited by machinegun12

I would feel way better if we could get a guy like this in round 3 or 4 and have him learn under Fitzpatrick for a couple of years than to spend the #3 overall on Newton and Gabbert and have it potentially blow up in our faces.

Would it potentially blow up in our face after 3-4 years of .500 ball and if he didn't end up good? Mid round pick plus bench time rarely equals starter.I think our best bet for that franchise qb involves taking that risk again. It's the position you need the most talent and the most talented go in the first round typically.

in the below link, the writer compares the current crop of QB's in the draft to pro QB's that match their style/performance:

QB's compared

Per ther article:

Gabbert=Alex Smith

Ricky Stanzi=Tom Brady

I have not seen any Iowa games with Stanzi playing. Has anyone here seen him play and have some input/feedback to this article?

Kid is average and will be lucky to make it in the league.

QB's compared

Per ther article:

Gabbert=Alex Smith

Ricky Stanzi=Tom Brady

Watched Stanzi for several games. Has good size, good feet.Good arm strength and is very accurate. Had a top 5 QB rating. 23tds 4 ints

Not bad. Broke many Iowa's passing records. I would be thrilled to see the Bills take em!!!!

I got to watch all of Stanzi's games in person the last two years. He posses a solid, accurate arm with very good pocket pressence, and is mobile enough to buy time in the pocket, or to gain some yards when the play breaks down. The one negetive that sticks out is that he tends to over throw the ball when he is hurried. Last season he showed tremendous improvement from the year before, he cut down on his turnovers and wasnt afraid to throw it away instead of taking the sack. I would say he goes somewhere in the mid to late rounds, and should probably sit a year behind a veteran and learn.

Watched Stanzi for several games. Has good size, good feet.Good arm strength and is very accurate. Had a top 5 QB rating. 23tds 4 ints

Not bad. Broke many Iowa's passing records. I would be thrilled to see the Bills take em!!!!

Edited by Rob T from OP